Albert Haynesworth to work with DLine?

Albert is a cool dude! It's to bad so many haters on here who call themselves fans or VFL.

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
The problem is you go from criticizing people who actually know the guy and his personality to backpedaling with Bible verses. The guy made mistakes that doesn't mean he's still a terrible person but don't criticize those that point out the past.
I know Will personally. Genuinely a great guy and good man. Will was a hell of an OLineman. it's just hard for me to see Will and Albert having beef with each other
You could always ask Will about if you know him personally. I think it happened Albert's Sophomore year.

I remember his leap frog goal line play against the Jags. Tremendous. Also remember seeing him run stadium steps on news when he showed up to camp overweight. If he has learned from his mistakes and can help our players, then why not? He also took his younger brother in while he was a Titan.

Reactions: 1 person
Al has his faults like anyone but he is a very likable person to be around. More so I think than many an internet cowboy running around on this board.

Reactions: 2 people
I have zero issue with him showing our guys a few things here and there. It's not as if we are naming him our DL coach and hes going to be giving them advice on how to live their lives off the field. He's gonna be giving them minor football coaching points i'm guessing or some tips/tricks that will help them succeed this season against seasoned OL.

Reactions: 1 person
Boy we love to eat our own around here.. Glad he's wanting to do something positive.. Maybe he's grown up and has moved on from the negativity.. Cut the guy a brake he's a VFL..

Reactions: 3 people
Haynesworth was made a realistic offer by the Titans. But all the talk around town was the fear than once he got his pay day, he would slack off which like him or not, became true. Not saying he isn't a nice guy or shouldn't show our DL a thing or to, but he was constantly getting into fights at Titan's practice. Throw in the off the field stuff involving his driving, let's not paint him as a "good guy".

* inadvertently step on her....

Maybe it was August in Nashville.....

GREAT IDEA!! Lets get Reggie to come back!

That's not at all funny, OD. Why, on earth, would you write such a crass, uncool post about one of the greatest Vols of all time? God rest his soul....

Haynesworth was made a realistic offer by the Titans. But all the talk around town was the fear than once he got his pay day, he would slack off which like him or not, became true. Not saying he isn't a nice guy or shouldn't show our DL a thing or to, but he was constantly getting into fights at Titan's practice. Throw in the off the field stuff involving his driving, let's not paint him as a "good guy".

He wasn't a nice guy. Hell to be honest you don't want your DTs to be nice guys. Haynesworth was kind of an ass to a lot of people but I don't fault him a bit for getting paid in the NFL. His career, his body, his decision.

We have all done things in our youth that were not well thought out, ill advised, and/or regrettably dumb. Some of us feel a keen sense of needing to tell the young ones, don't do what I did !!! Youth = folly, aging = relatively wiser.

I know Will personally. Genuinely a great guy and good man. Will was a hell of an OLineman. it's just hard for me to see Will and Albert having beef with each other

Will is a great guy. Doubt it was his fault. It did happen though. If you doubt I'm sure that google thing will find it for you.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntkekOFl5GY[/youtube]

ML9To4d.gif

images

AndreGurode2006Titans.jpg

tumblr_lers2f2TCC1qcfba3o1_500.gif

I can picture Haynesworth shouting from the sidelines words of encouragement... "STOMP! *clap* STOMP STOMP! *clap*"

"aaaaaaaaah" screams the opposing player on the ground.

With that being said, I always liked Haynesworth as a Vol and Titan.

Anybody mention Haynesworth driving his Ferrari in excess of 120 and running another car into the concrete median? Driver is still partially paralysed from the accident. If it was just a couple of incidents I could understand and excuse but Haynesworth has a very long list.

Anybody mention Haynesworth driving his Ferrari in excess of 120 and running another car into the concrete median? Driver is still partially paralysed from the accident. If it was just a couple of incidents I could understand and excuse but Haynesworth has a very long list.

Right, I'd forgotten about that one. Dude's been a train wreck at times

I was at UT when he was there and everyone I know who had to deal with him thought he was a jerk. Stuff like being rude to waiters and stiffing people on big tabs

So long as he sticks to football I dont see what the big deal is.

We'd kick players off the team for stuff he's done but we're going to bring him back to mentor players we would get rid of for doing the same thing? I guess I can't say with certainty we'd kick players off the team for that stuff but I assume we would. If we don't want that on our team, why are we bringing it to them? I honestly don't care one way or the other. I like him as a player but he seems like a jackass outside of football. I'm just saying that it seems a little hypocritical to bring him into the fold if we'd remove others from the fold for the same infractions.

Also, you could technically say who cares if you hire a cannibal as a chef as long as he's cooking food and not people. Does one really counter the other? Dude still goes home and eats people regardless if he's not eating people at work. Gurode still had his face stomped on and some guy is still paralyzed even if Haynesworth isn't doing those things at practice. Fwiw, he also indirectly stole money. He was paid money for a job that he would go on to put zero effort into and cry about switching from a 4-3 D to 3-4 D. Haynesworth is a Vol and was once an amazing player, but why do we want this guy around these young impressionable players again?

Watching Haynesworth whine and give up after milking a team for every penny he could get was one of the more disgraceful things I've seen. Someone gave him a 100 million dollar contract with like 40 million of it up front and rather than do what they ask of him, he complains that he never wanted to be in a 3-4 D and intentionally sandbags it from there. I can be that type of loser in life because I'm in fact a loser but I expect more from someone being paid 100 million dollars. It's not like he was being asked to do some unreasonable task while making minimum wage, he's being paid a hundred million dollars to line up next to two guys instead of three. I lost whatever respect I had left for him following the Gurode incident after he completely quit trying because he didn't want to play in a 3-4 D. Nothing personal, but he's kind of a loser. I'd know, I can smell my own.

VN Store

Back