Another letter from class of '15

bp1.gif

Are you related to Bart? He uses meme's too when he doesn't have anything intelligent to offer.

Reactions: 3 people
Are you related to Bart? He uses meme's too when he doesn't have anything intelligent to offer.

When you present something other than your normal blabbering, unsupported, gobblygook, then maybe I could respond with something intelligent.

When you present something other than your normal blabbering, unsupported, gobblygook, then maybe I could respond with something intelligent.

You mean I don't have the smoking gun recording of the secret meetings with Dave, Jimmy, Joe, and the Board? Gotcha.

You know a few emails might have shed some light but of course we know what happened there.

Reactions: 1 person
You mean I don't have the smoking gun recording of the secret meetings with Dave, Jimmy, Joe, and the Board? Gotcha.

More gobblygook.............let me know when you have something substantial and not pulled directly from your rear. Until then, I will leave you to your Dave Hart hate circlejerkathon.

More gobblygook.............let me know when you have something substantial and not pulled directly from your rear. Until then, I will leave you to your Dave Hart hate circlejerkathon.

Just logic. That's all I need. You should try it.

Actually I don't have any animosity toward Dave Hart at all. Once I realized what is going on. Dave is just a front man. A stooge. A highly paid stooge hired to do Joe and the Board's bidding. He just does what he's told. You can see it in everything he has done. Once you understand that then you understand all his actions and stumbling around. I know he's thinking "I can't believe they're making me do this crap."

Joe and the Board?...Sounds like the bad guys in an old Disney movie. Not the liberal PC think tank that's been outed on here. :)

Political correctness trumps everything. Best way to fight back is not buy VOL Nike gear. Difficult to do.

Honestly, Sandvol, I think if they just wanted to get rid of "lady" because of political correctness, they would say so. Other schools that dropped "lady" to be politically correct a number of years back gave that as their reason. If that was UT's reason, they'd say that.

I also disagree with you that it's the BOT behind this. The BOT is over the entire UT system. They have come out & said this is a Knoxville campus issue, not a BOT issue. (But they are chicken****. They could tell Pietro to reverse the decision.)

I don't think it's about political correctness, especially since the women athletes don't like the change.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly, Sandvol, I think if they just wanted to get rid of "lady" because of political correctness, they would say so. Other schools that dropped "lady" to be politically correct a number of years back gave that as their reason. If that was UT's reason, they'd say that.

I also disagree with you that it's the BOT behind this. The BOT is over the entire UT system. They have come out & said this is a Knoxville campus issue, not a BOT issue. (But they are chicken****. They could tell Pietro to reverse the decision.)

I don't think it's about political correctness, especially since the women athletes don't like the change.

Tell me the logic of getting rid of a name you've had for 40 years because a temporal marketing company says so? Does that make any sense? Nike doesn't give a rats ass what UT does or doesn't do with their Lady logo. They make money either way. They will do whatever the customer wants. The fact that the women athletes don't like the change is the irony of the situation but irrelevant. If it wasn't about political correctness they would have asked them. Also, if it were truly about marketing they wouldn't have kept the name for basketball only. And, don't tell me it is out of reverence for Pat. BS.

DiPietro and others in the ruling class don't want Christine Brennan writing articles about how archaic and neanderthal the University of Tennessee is because they still use "Lady" in their women's programs. The only reason they didn't do it for the basketball too is because Pat is still alive and they are afraid of her (even still) and the kind of support she could garner. But, it is not out of reverence. This will be the next shoe to drop. As soon as they feel Pat is weak enough it will happen. Incrementalism.

P.S.-From a marketing standpoint it doesn't make any sense. Ergo Cheeks' article of about a week ago. He can't even make any sense out of it.

This whole thing about getting rid of Lady in women's college sports has been feminist driven political correctness. The irony is that Pat was the epitome of a strong independent successful woman and she liked the name. As soon as they got rid of her they started getting rid of the name. Political correctness not marketing.

I agree with your "lol" here - we've had the separate logos for decades and it has not hurt us. It has made our women stand out. The Lady Vols name and logo have been positive assets for UT.

The schools mentioned by the poster you quoted - how has not having an identity helped their women's teams? Who talks about them?

Tell me the logic of getting rid of a name you've had for 40 years because a temporal marketing company says so? Does that make any sense? Nike doesn't give a rats ass what UT does or doesn't do with their Lady logo. They make money either way. They will do whatever the customer wants. The fact that the women athletes don't like the change is the irony of the situation but irrelevant. If it wasn't about political correctness they would have asked them. Also, if it were truly about marketing they wouldn't have kept the name for basketball only. And, don't tell me it is out of reverence for Pat. BS.

All I know from the A.D. is what they have said:
1) Nike made use do it.
2) We conducted a multi-year study that says this is a good idea.
3) The women's team are all behind it.
4) This will make us a top-25 university.

Nike has said they weren't the cause of the change.

The athletes say they weren't consulted about the change.

There doesn't seem to have been a study about the change.

None of the "explanations" the A.D. has given makes sense. You say that leaves political correctness as the only explanation, but that to me doesn't make sense. Explain to me why you think Dave Hart is a feminist!

This is obviously not a tribute to Pat. I imagine it is breaking her heart.

I agree with your "lol" here - we've had the separate logos for decades and it has not hurt us. It has made our women stand out. The Lady Vols name and logo have been positive assets for UT.

The schools mentioned by the poster you quoted - how has not having an identity helped their women's teams? Who talks about them?

Who outside of our fans talk about ours?

Follow the North Dakota State lacrosse team?

VN Store

Back