mad about the win/expectations/fan vs fan debate (merged)

Self admitted troll, huh?

Welcome to my ignore list.

I can't put anyone on ignore. Their lunacy it's what makes this thing fun. Reader is everyone's grumpy neighbor. Although him liking Fletch adds 1% of awesome. He's up to 1% now.

They are a cute bunch. Puffing their chest after beating the nobody's of the schedule. The excuses will start after Florida next season. They have plenty of time to make them up.

They already have them. Youth, lack of depth, takes 6 or 7 years to build a team.

These excuses have already been built into this season. Make no m9stake CBJ is playing chess, he already knows he is going to drop a few big ones next season and is laying excuses in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
They are a cute bunch. Puffing their chest after beating the nobody's of the schedule. The excuses will start after Florida next season. They have plenty of time to make them up.

Poor, poor Wylo. 10 long months ahead for you to create your own misery. I can't help but believe you would be a much better Vandy fan than UT.

Reactions: 8 people
Me being an ahole doesn't make you less of one, does it?

Context is sometimes hard to gain via a text message. Trust me, I don't get angry or even upset. I laugh at people on here a lot. Especially when our own fans are upset after we win. It truly cracks me up. Do I bait y'all some? Sure, but it's in fun. I have no ill will towards anyone on this site. Hell, I get a lot of laughs.
I just read this site for years. Probably 10 years of just reading. I deciding to join this year and it's been fun.

You're wrong again dude. Ask some of these guys, I work for the AD. I'm the official VN poster for the UTAD. I make serious coin too.

I didn't get my last paycheck...you on direct deposit? :huh:

I believe it is time to say goodbye to our wonderful negavols.

While I would love to bid them adieu, they're alive and well. Go take a look at the "23 yards passing" thread. If that thread is to be believed, we'll be lucky to beat Vanderbilt, and afterward it is all doom and gloom.

Thinking back to 1998, negavols were whining in chatrooms throughout that season, even though we were undefeated. Basically, they're a staple of the program, and they'll be here win or lose.

Well, 8-4 will be very nice for a change

If Butch wins against Vandy, that will mean that 5 of his 8 wins were against teams with losing records

Right now, those 5 teams have a combined record of 18-38.

He is 3-4 against teams with winning records.

The three teams with winning records he beat: Bowling Green, Western Carolina, and Georgia, combined for a record of 23-10

The four loses were against teams with winning records. Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, and Arkansas. Their combined record is 36-8

Now, these will fluctuate up or down depending on next weeks games

He's beating people he needs to but needs to improve on the winning percentage against teams with winning records

The fightingbutches vs the negavol and the difference is the fightingbutches do everything to defend Butch and his staff just like they did when the fightingdooleys were defending him. I'm willing to bet that the same ones defending Butch are the same ones that were defending Dooley. The negavol supports the team 1st.
I know this will come as a shock to the probutchclubmembers but no negavol wants Tn to lose no matter what. It's not the negavols fault that Butch doesn't have this coaching thing figured out. I will give Butch credit, he is good against weaker teams.

The fightingbutches vs the negavol and the difference is the fightingbutches do everything to defend Butch and his staff just like they did when the fightingdooleys were defending him. I'm willing to bet that the same ones defending Butch are the same ones that were defending Dooley. The negavol supports the team 1st.
I know this will come as a shock to the probutchclubmembers but no negavol wants Tn to lose no matter what. It's not the negavols fault that Butch doesn't have this coaching thing figured out. I will give Butch credit, he is good against weaker teams.

You're wrong dude. A bunch of the bashers have admitted to having been Dooley supporters until the end. They use that as an excuse like"wont be fooled again". But hey, nice try.

And for the record I was very upset the day we announced Dooley. There's a HUGE difference in Dooley and Jones. If you can't see that you are a fool.

Reactions: 2 people
Context is sometimes hard to gain via a text message. Trust me, I don't get angry or even upset. I laugh at people on here a lot. Especially when our own fans are upset after we win. It truly cracks me up. Do I bait y'all some? Sure, but it's in fun. I have no ill will towards anyone on this site. Hell, I get a lot of laughs.
I just read this site for years. Probably 10 years of just reading. I deciding to join this year and it's been fun.

Surely you can see I have no ill will toward anyone here. Even you, grumpy vol. I think several of you are truly insane to believe average is great. But that's why I've been here for so long. Crazy likes crazy.

Surely you can see I have no ill will toward anyone here. Even you, grumpy vol. I think several of you are truly insane to believe average is great. But that's why I've been here for so long. Crazy likes crazy.
I've never said this team is great. Better? Without question. Going to be even better? Again without question.

Well, 8-4 will be very nice for a change

If Butch wins against Vandy, that will mean that 5 of his 8 wins were against teams with losing records

Right now, those 5 teams have a combined record of 18-38.

He is 3-4 against teams with winning records.

The three teams with winning records he beat: Bowling Green, Western Carolina, and Georgia, combined for a record of 23-10

The four loses were against teams with winning records. Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, and Arkansas. Their combined record is 36-8

Now, these will fluctuate up or down depending on next weeks games

He's beating people he needs to but needs to improve on the winning percentage against teams with winning records

The part of the 5 wins against teams with losing records means nothing to most. I'm happy to see them get to 8-4 but the fact is this staff is the reason they are not no worse than 10-1 right now seems to get swept under the rug.

I believe it is time to say goodbye to our wonderful negavols. In all seriousness, you have helped us through a season that for the most part I would love to forget. Whether it was a legendary coach slipping, a new coach leaving on a midnight plane, making fun of the biggest coaching hire mistake of all time in Dooley, or helping us transition to Butch, you were always there. You were there to remind us of what was going wrong, making us laugh at times we really wanted to break something or someone. Honestly, without reading some of your posts, I may have not followed as closely or cared as much. My point is that you brought great value to this forum and all of volnation.
However, we have moved into a different era. Butch has changed things around. Other than a scrappy Arkansas team, we lost barely to three teams that are all fighting for spots in the final four playoff (two of which will most likely make it). Even with all the injuries and final drive collapses this season, we are poised to make a run next year. So, while we will always have loses out in the future, mostly we will be winning and while its hard for you to let go of the good ol' bad times, critiquing how we win just isn't that funny or worth any real value anymore. So, I would like to offer a fond farewell to my negavol brethren. Perhaps there will be another season out in the future where we will need your posts, but here's hoping that it will be awhile.
:clapping::cray:

NegaVols do serve a purpose in life...comic relief :)

I still think all of us understated the state of the roster that CBJ inherited from Dudleey. It has taken a long time for the talent level to get close to a SEC level. Even now we still have depth issues in too many areas of the roster. It also limits the schemes we can deploy against most teams. While I'm concerned about the conservative play calling, I still see improvement in all areas. Mahoney has been so criticized by the Negavols, and now we see an improving, successful OL. Their performance against a really talented Mizzou front 7 was an illustration of just how far they have come. The entire coaching staff deserves credit for how far they have brought this team, despite the lack of depth and injuries. But like everyone else, I wish it could have come quicker!!!!

Our team speed,strength,special teams and most importantly APR, was abysmal when Butch took over. Better now?

Poor, poor Wylo. 10 long months ahead for you to create your own misery. I can't help but believe you would be a much better Vandy fan than UT.

Man I missed this "form" of you! You're like doctor who. Just infinite numbers of you.

VN Store

Back