Game Thread Lady Vols vs Chattanooga

it wasn't a very pretty win,but it is a win and the Lady Vols have played 2 teams back to back that were ranked in the top 25,don't forget that

turnovers are the major problem,they have to get that under control,there are some piss poor passes being made,I understand wanting to get the ball to Russell in the paint,but hitting the other teams player in the hands isn't going to cut it

the perimeter shooting is crap also,so other teams can double and triple team inside and not have to worry about the outside shooting,somebody needs to step up and hit some outside shots consistently

I think that CHW is going thru different line ups,to see which players work well together and who doesn't ,that is why we are seeing all the different player rotations,to see what is working and what isn't

don't forget it is early in the season and the coaches are experimenting as to who plays and for how much ,they will get it settled down,it is just going to take a little bit of time

Reactions: 4 people
There are so many things this team is doing fundamentally wrong I don't know what Holly is doing. What do they work on in practice? Still, just staggers the imagination.

Reactions: 1 person
It is surprising that there are so many UCONN fans on this board. Don't they have a Praise the team/coach board of their own where the Lady Vols can be constantly denigrated?

Not a UConn fan but I'm brutally honest enough to acknowledge that given the way we are playing right now, we would be destroyed.

Last edited:
Not a UConn fan but I'm brutally honest enough to acknowledge that given the way we are playing right now, we would be destroyed.

Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade:). Honesty does not make one a troll or a jerk, just honest:yes:.

I for one think you are correct on that call.

Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade:). Honesty does not make one a troll or a jerk, just honest:yes:.

I for one think you are correct on that call.

I agree; it would be an ugly match-up right now. On the plus side, the LVs could turn on a dime and be a formidable team. DeShields and Russell have shown signs of brilliance. Graves is going great. Cooper needs to get farther up the freshman learning curve (quickly) but she has clear potential for greatness. I like what Jasmine is bringing and the return of Nared should be a big boost. Just those five are the nucleus of a potentially great team. DeShields has not fully integrated as the teams' go to option but when that happens, this offense should start looking better. She needs to be the focal point, along with the inside play of Russell and Graves. The upside of this team is huge and much higher than in past years. This is a time to keep the faith...

They do, but if anyone goes on there and does anything but praise uconn gino, they ban them. So all their jerks come on here and try to pretend: 1) they are LV fans, or 2) they are unbiased, good guy basketball fans. :eek:lol::eek:lol:

We are a very open forum and allow posters that would be banned on many other sites. That's good; that's bad.

I am not questioning your view or respect for other posters, but as a UCONN fan, I have been treated poorly when offering only honest or factual information. I have no interest in becoming a TENN fan, but with all the excitement your games are offering this year, maybe I should. I have never insulted any players of any team...... ever, and respect the dedication and hard work it requires become good enough to play on a college team. They are kids going to school using their athletic talent to get an education who don't need me or anyone else to insult them or their play. When insulted by Vol posters I defend myself in kind. I also use the ignore button. I enjoy reading about other teams from informed fans but will not waste my time, any more, responding to posters telling me to go back to the boneyard, Connecticut or some other vile place that they find amusing. I enjoy reading your comments but will very rarely share my views again. If you watch the posts responding to mine you will see my point. God bless all of you.

I am not questioning your view or respect for other posters, but as a UCONN fan, I have been treated poorly when offering only honest or factual information. I have no interest in becoming a TENN fan, but with all the excitement your games are offering this year, maybe I should. I have never insulted any players of any team...... ever, and respect the dedication and hard work it requires become good enough to play on a college team. They are kids going to school using their athletic talent to get an education who don't need me or anyone else to insult them or their play. When insulted by Vol posters I defend myself in kind. I also use the ignore button. I enjoy reading about other teams from informed fans but will not waste my time, any more, responding to posters telling me to go back to the boneyard, Connecticut or some other vile place that they find amusing. I enjoy reading your comments but will very rarely share my views again. If you watch the posts responding to mine you will see my point. God bless all of you.

Tony, I for one have never read anything of yours, or DaddyChocs for that matter, that come across as mean spirited or hateful towards CPS or lady vol fans in general. I'm sure I am leaving other UCONN fans out who don't come here to bash our program, but I just can't think of your names right off hand, so I'm sorry about that. I think most Lady Vol fans welcome fans of other teams as long as they don't denigrate or constantly make fun or continually bring up the reason why CPS ended the UCONN series. Look UCONN has won, what, 10 NC's, but yet some of their fans still wanna ***** about what happened over ten years ago. So what that CPS ended the series..did that ruin UCONN's program?? No, it absolutely did not, in fact it may have even helped UCONN. They should show a little more respect for our program and how it laid the groundwork for Geno and UCONN to become the power they are today.

I'm far from a Uconn fan... I bleed orange like no other... But I can honestly respect how that team is ran and how they play... Uconn dominates they may start a tad shakey but once they get a flow it's lights out... I remember when they lost against Stanford the wcbb world said OMG Uconn is beatable that can be beat, Uconn responded by saying okay beat us which one other team could and Uconn embarrassed teams in a very impressive fashion... I would love to see that mentality restored at Tennessee.. But I do see the capability in this team I do.. However I do not have fan in the reserves just yet

I have never been upset over your comments, but when you are the top dog sometimes people can be unkind when you venture to their site. Some will think you are simply trying to gloat over your team's success, it does not matter if it is true or perceived. Some of this is frustration with the image some see in our program going forward and the desire to once again be the top dog. I am not a big UCONN fan but respect the fact that your program has had a lot of success. For some of the reasons I stated, I will not join another program site, though I respect several of them.

i have to agree with you. I wanted to say something but didn't want to be labeled a "uconner" Why is it we are just now trying to figure out who is playing when, where and how? uconn has their roster set and ready to roll. What is the difference? We all have the same practice times, our girls even got to play in Italy. It just makes no sense to me.:eek:hmy:

i have to agree with you. I wanted to say something but didn't want to be labeled a "uconner"

You mean like how you do the "go back to your own board" whenever someone compliments UConn? If you don't like it, maybe you should stop doing it.

You mean like how you do the "go back to your own board" whenever someone compliments UConn? If you don't like it, maybe you should stop doing it.
What are you talking about????
:peace2: Oh yeah now I recognize you, not about to start !! Just trying to start something

Last edited:
I think I'm going to! I'd really like to see them in person plus I live in Chatt.

Did you see that 'special ticket offer' mentioned in the paper? A general admission ticket to the Mocs' football playoff game Saturday, plus a general admission ticket to the Lady Mocs' game Monday, both for $25.00

Did you see that 'special ticket offer' mentioned in the paper? A general admission ticket to the Mocs' football playoff game Saturday, plus a general admission ticket to the Lady Mocs' game Monday, both for $25.00

That would put you in the nose bleed section, not good.

I saw that UCONN plays UTC at their barn this week, so this may be a way to gauge where the Lady Vols are with respect to the so-called top of the mountain.

If UCONN only wins by 20, I won't feel so bad.

If UCONN wins by 40 at their place, not good.

If UTC wins, :)

I saw that UCONN plays UTC at their barn this week, so this may be a way to gauge where the Lady Vols are with respect to the so-called top of the mountain.

If UCONN only wins by 20, I won't feel so bad.

If UCONN wins by 40 at their place, not good.

If UTC wins, :)

Massey = UConn by 38
Sagarin = UConn by 32

So odds are UConn wins but don't feel too bad, it's still early in the season.

And most of Uconn squad has been playing together for 3 years.

Good point - I watched part of the Nebraska blow out today. They play their 3 seniors Stewart, Jeffersen & Tuck & then all Sophs & freshmen. I heard the announcer say they think Stewart is going to be the number one pick in the WNBA draft & Jeffersen #2. . . I wish I could get to the game Monday night & see Chattanooga give them a real battle.

And most of Uconn squad has been playing together for 3 years.

As opposed to last year when they had been playing together for 2 years, and still beat the hell out of everyone and won a championship. And the year before that when they had only been together for 1 year and beat the hell out of everyone and won a championship. And the year before that when they weren't even on campus yet.

Every year and every team is different, but at UConn continuity doesn't seem to matter a whole lot...

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, and had one of the best shooter in the history of the game.

How long have our squad/players being playing together, can you name two players besides Carter and Reynolds who have been playing together longer, I mean valuable minutes?

Uconn has been fortunate to have not to deal with injuries to their key pieces, which helps build continuity.

Our ladies have the experience, but they don't have the experience of playing together every practice and every game = Team.

Uconn, Chatty battle Uconn never! lol

Last edited:

VN Store

Back