Where to stay for Bristol?

Check Rogers Gardens campground. We just booked our 3rd space last week, so I think there are still spots available. Demand dictates price, so be warned :)

We've booked an RV site at Shadrack's just up the road from the speedway - we're booked from Monday to Sunday! Good times! GO VOLS!

I just rented a 20 acre field in Chattanooga, thinking I can catch the overflow. Big pay day... bring your tents, campers, RVs, plenty of room.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a RV spot close to the speedway? I'm borrowing a unit member's ride, and trying to figure out where to park it. Thanks for any help!

Just found out today that I scored some free tickets to the game at Bristol. What would be the best place to try to get in to stay? Hopefully, it's not too late to find a decent place!

Also, as another option, I could pull my 5th wheel down, anyone know how the camping situation is?

Try Natural Tunnel State Park in Duffield. They may have some openings.

We've booked an RV site at Shadrack's just up the road from the speedway - we're booked from Monday to Sunday! Good times! GO VOLS!
Went by Shadrack's Wed on my way to Lowes. Their marquee says they're taking reservations.

Within walking distance.
My neighbor across the street from me called me last
night. They operate a campground for race fans.
We talked for awhile and I ask if they were advertising
for the VT vs TN game.
She told me no, they have not thought much about it.
I told her they should advertise because people were
searching for places to stay.
She said at the present time, they have plenty of spots
open for tents and campers. Shower house with drinks
and ice.
If anyone is interested, the name is "Daves Family Campground". White Top Rd.. Within walking distance
of the track, just off HWY 394.

ps: When it comes to camping, there plenty of open
camping sites close to the track.
I can think of at least four very large campgrounds that
are within walking distance to the track.
If you want to go on the cheap, buy a dome tent from
a discount store, grab a sleeping bag and a cooler.
Some of these campgrounds have public showers.
At race time there is a mobile shower trailer that makes
rounds in the campgrounds.
You don`t have to stay a long way away from the game.
Why spend your time in a traffic jam?.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Click on this link. Race Lodging. There is a cottage industry in Bristol of people renting out rooms, suites and entire homes for the races at Bristol Motor Speedway. They're also renting for Battle at Bristol. Some are quite nice. You can see pictures on the website. Two night minimum.

Just found out today that I scored some free tickets to the game at Bristol. What would be the best place to try to get in to stay? Hopefully, it's not too late to find a decent place!

Also, as another option, I could pull my 5th wheel down, anyone know how the camping situation is?

Middle of turn 2! You'll get a great view of the #1 HURD truck when he goes by.

Go Vols!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Get yourself an inflatable mattress and thick blanket and wait it out at the Track. That should set you back about $100 plus booze, grill food and TP...Or you could stay in Cookeville, TN.

This is gonna be like Woodstock with better video. Might as well enjoy the moment!

just me, butI'd stay in Asheville or Gatlinburg, I sure wouldn't stay in a godforsaken place like Bristol

Ended up finding a place in Johnson City. Contacted a couple of campgrounds nearby and they were booked.
Was hoping to not have to drive afterwards, but oh well. GBO!!

just me, butI'd stay in Asheville or Gatlinburg, I sure wouldn't stay in a godforsaken place like Bristol
Exactly where do you live. Bristol is a great place to live and I consider it God Blessed not forsaken. :swoon3:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back