2017 QB CJ Lewis commits

We have far too many star gazers around here. The coaches are recruiting according to skill level and need not star rating. Chill out and trust your staff.

I'm trusting the Buffalo and BC staff. They offered before us.

You see no flaw in comparing Tennessee recruiting to Georgia and LSU. Ok then. I wont bother to point it out to you.

Fade pointed it out to you already and I agree with him and several others - I will take the QB and the kicker and maybe a couple other 3 stars but all 20 is a little too many

Reactions: 1 person
I wasted my time reading all the back-and-forth thread posts. I should have gone straight to the video. Take a critical look at his work and you'll forget the ***.

Yes, he has the size, athleticism, quickness, and shows good decision-making. On one play, he's in the pocket, waiting, and even though he's not under pressure yet, he's got that clock in his head, so he starts moving laterally. Sure enough, a rusher had just broken free, but Lewis had already moved himself out of danger without taking his eyes from downfield.

But is everyone seeing those dimes he's dropping onto fly patterns, without breaking the stride of his receivers? Is everyone seeing the multiple trajectories he throws, each appropriate to the defenders' positions? Are you seeing where he puts the ball into tight coverage, and where his receiver catches it? This kid has that rarest and most treasured of QB qualities--ACCURACY.

CJ may not major in aeronautics, but he probably could. Cheshire Academy is truly "old school"--founded in 1794, emphasizing character development, it attracts students from 20 states and 32 countries, has 43 faculty with advanced degrees, and the school average SAT score is 1649.

Every indication is that CJ Lewis is a kid (and a QB) we want to welcome and embrace as a VFL!

Reactions: 6 people
Juan Jennings reminds you that just because you are a QB doesent mean you'll be one in college. This kid will be moved if he signs.

Relax Vol fans, Butch has a secret plan for this young man, the Vols will now have the fastest water boy in the SEC.....speed everywhere

Yall dumb, Butch knows what he's doing. Dormady was flying under the radar as well and he's going to be a stud.

I'm not disagreeing that butch knows what he is doing, but dormant was coming off of an injury... so many schools never got on him, he did tho get an Alabama offer among others. This kid has good feet tho, seems to keep his eyes down field... his o-line isn't very good on the film so the kid is running for his life and still making plays.. we might see this kid play receiver instead of qb...

Lmao this is a thread to bookmark for all to idiots whining about 3 stars.

Exactly RockyTop22. Most of the idiots on VN think there are 500 5*'s in every class we should get 499 of them. There are typically 25 rated 5* across the country by Rivals and we usually get 1 or 2. Also the 2017 class as a whole will be reevaluated as the 2016 HS season goes. I'm betting that half of our 3* kids go to 4*.

Wake up VN! CBJ has got this.

:loco:

You see no flaw in comparing Tennessee recruiting to Georgia and LSU. Ok then. I wont bother to point it out to you.

For the life of me, I still don't know how LSU continues to get talented skill players. THEY DON'T USE THEM. They have pissed away more talent on offense running that boring run game than any team in college football.

Relax Vol fans, Butch has a secret plan for this young man, the Vols will now have the fastest water boy in the SEC.....speed everywhere

For anyone who bothers to look at his junior season video (and the most gracious thing I can say about your comment is that you probably haven't), after you've observed his accuracy, pocket presence, mobility, etc... notice how many of those passes came off of pre-snap reads.

Snap - toss - completion.

Some of those reminded me of watching Peyton as a junior throwing to his brother Cooper at Isidore Newman HS. Effortless, and on the money.

Last edited:
For the life of me, I still don't know how LSU continues to get talented skill players. THEY DON'T USE THEM. They have pissed away more talent on offense running that boring run game than any team in college football.

Well they're usually from LA....

Alabama has a top recruiting class every year so before you say just trust the coaches and so on look at who wins the national title every year then look at their recruiting rankings.

If you want to be a Bama fan then move to their site. If there is such a huge difference in our players then how have we almost beaten them the last 2 yrs. Depth IMHO has been the only reason we've lost to them. Your comparison says we should be losing to them by 50.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 3 people
Alabama has a top recruiting class every year so before you say just trust the coaches and so on look at who wins the national title every year then look at their recruiting rankings.

I realize we are not Bama. We have won two national championships in 60 years. Bama has won 4 the past ten. Hell OSU isnt even bama. The fact you dont realize that means you dont understand reality. We are more on the level of Clemson and Auburn. We recruit well but a year in year out top five ranking we are not. Fulmer did not recuit as well as Jones is, so please calm down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

AL seems to do pretty well with that boring run game.

IIRC we had a certain coach here, in his heyday, who would take these big athletic QB's and get them on the field. Was pretty successful at it too.

They are after the "right guys." It's not about being a 5* any more. Coach BJ will build you up to be a 5* while you are here. It's about the presence of mind to be on the field. Something salami players don't have.

VN Store

Back