Vol Calls Tonight

Bob said next week Vol Calls is on Monday instead of Wednesday due to the game being on Thursday.

I don't think Butch is here tonight but Bob said he'd be there Monday night to preview Appalachian State.

Butch: Team coming in really a complete football team in all 3 phases - will really need our fans to create a favorable atmosphere for us in this game.

Reactions: 3 people
Bob:"Let's go to.... Jim. Jim, welcome to Vol Calls."

Caller:"......."

Bob:"Jim, are you there?"

Caller:"Hello??"

Bob:"Yes, Jim. Go ahead"

Caller:"Hey uh, how are y'all doin tonight?"

Bob:"Great, Jim. Do you have a question?"

It never fails. A good 10-15 seconds are wasted with seemingly every caller.

Don't forget the callers who ask questions that were already answered in great detail earlier in the show.

Reactions: 3 people
Brent - Expect lots more bodies to rotate throughout the game all over the defense this year - It's the Bob Shoop way and it should pay off in close 4th quarter games.

Dave Hart on now - everything under control at Bristol - making great progress - ton of workers up there

Dave Hart - Gut wrenching losses last year but we turned the corner and now we for the first time in quite a while we have s veteran talented team. Butch's work ethic and energy levels are off the chart.

Dave Hart - It's been a privilege to be in a position of leadership at this University. We have an all-staff meeting every year and I wanted our staff to hear my announcement from me and that's was the reason for the timing. Afterwards, told the staff to get back to work and don't celebrate in my presence.

Reactions: 1 person
Dave Hart - It's been a privilege to be in a position of leadership at this University. We have an all-staff meeting every year and I wanted our staff to hear my announcement from me and that's was the reason for the timing. Afterwards, told the staff to get back to work and don't celebrate in my presence.

I don't dislike Hart as much as many Vol fans do

Reactions: 8 people
I felt like he was about to say a national championship but stopped himself. Don't jinx it Dave!

Dave Hart: Lots of construction in Knoxville - Encourages fans coming to the game Thursday to come early

Just what people who work downtown wanted to hear, I'm sure. Next Thursday at 5 pm is going to be a cluster***k like nothing this town has ever seen.

VN Store

Back