Vol Calls Tonight

David in Union City - Field in Bristol - Is there a backup plan? Brent - the surface was brought in today. The field has to be certified by officials. Should happen the week of play. Some contingency time on the back end. Teams will be on the field on Friday for walk through.

Caller asks what is being done to help the players keep their feet on the ground and not get caught up in the hype - Brent says given the experience of the older players, the team realizes it hasn't really accomplished anything yet. Exceptional leadership on the team.

Reactions: 1 person
Brent closed with saying the players have a ton of confidence. They feel like with all the training in the offseason they're more explosive, stronger,, etc. Said the defensive guys are really excited about the packages Shoop has brought to that side of the ball.

Vol Calls will be back on Monday night for Appy game week.

Reactions: 2 people
Brent closed with saying the players have a ton of confidence. They feel like with all the training in the offseason they're more explosive, stronger,, etc. Said the defensive guys are really excited about the packages Shoop has brought to that side of the ball.

Vol Calls will be back on Monday night for Appy game week.

Thanks for the summary!

brent closed with saying the players have a ton of confidence. They feel like with all the training in the offseason they're more explosive, stronger,, etc. Said the defensive guys are really excited about the packages shoop has brought to that side of the ball.

Vol calls will be back on monday night for appy game week.

😀🤗

I know you are just trying to be very funny but I don't understand the need to bash these players. I don't know Paul and have never seen him play but I do know that if he just got out camp, he has just busted his tail for this team and university to either earn some playing time or to make the offense better in the team sessions and scrimmages.

Are you suggesting THE Paul Bain has to "work" for play time?

Mr. Bain seems to be displeased with this comment

LzuHuA1.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I know you are just trying to be very funny but I don't understand the need to bash these players. I don't know Paul and have never seen him play but I do know that if he just got out camp, he has just busted his tail for this team and university to either earn some playing time or to make the offense better in the team sessions and scrimmages.

Take a deep breath and learn to relax. Doesn't seem as though you come around that often, but check out the other pages dedicated to Mr. Bain and you maybe you have yourself a laugh or two. I would dare say you need it.

Hey Paul, hope camp is going well

Take a deep breath and learn to relax. Doesn't seem as though you come around that often, but check out the other pages dedicated to Mr. Bain and you maybe you have yourself a laugh or two. I would dare say you need it.

Personally, I think if Paul knew what a legend he had become around here (if he isn't aware already), I bet he would get a kick out of it. A mean-sounding name, and a mean-looking picture, and he's right up there with Paul Bunyan, or John Henry. Or Bill Brassky. Or Rod Wilks.

Personally, I think if Paul knew what a legend he had become around here (if he isn't aware already), I bet he would get a kick out of it. A mean-sounding name, and a mean-looking picture, and he's right up there with Paul Bunyan, or John Henry. Or Bill Brassky. Or Rod Wilks.

Paul Bain would eat Rod Wilks.

Bob:"Let's go to.... Jim. Jim, welcome to Vol Calls."

Caller:"......."

Bob:"Jim, are you there?"

Caller:"Hello??"

Bob:"Yes, Jim. Go ahead"

Caller:"Hey uh, how are y'all doin tonight?"

Bob:"Great, Jim. Do you have a question?"

It never fails. A good 10-15 seconds are wasted with seemingly every caller.

This is also EVERY caller on Hyams' show. Their producers must be laughing hysterically putting these bumbling fools on air everyday making Jimmy & John deal with the foolishness of it all. Knoxville isn't bereft of intelligent people, but listening to VOLS call in shows, you'd be hard pressed to think otherwise.

Bill Brasky was a son of a b**ch. Best damn salesman in the office. I'm gonna miss him.

Hard to believe that we went from having Sal f***ing Sunseri as our DC to having one of the best DC's in the country! Shoop is about to show us one nasty defense. There will be fresh legs all over the field for all 4 quarters. The days are gone where we only have the legs for 3 quarters and run out of gas in the 4th. Constant pressure for 60 minutes. The Orange Swarm is coming baby!

jBgSZhHHKq-3.png

Reactions: 3 people
Bob:"Let's go to.... Jim. Jim, welcome to Vol Calls."

Caller:"......."

Bob:"Jim, are you there?"

Caller:"Hello??"

Bob:"Yes, Jim. Go ahead"

Caller:"Hey uh, how are y'all doin tonight?"

Bob:"Great, Jim. Do you have a question?"

It never fails. A good 10-15 seconds are wasted with seemingly every caller.

What's happenin? What's goin on?, What's up? How yall doin?

VN Store

Back