Early bowl projections

If we are relatively healthy? Bring on Louisville.

This.

If we bring the same team that put up 38 straight on UF and 700 yards of offense on A&M, we can play with anyone. Why is it so hard for some of you to understand that we had a double-digit number of starters out for Bama? I'm so tired of self deprecating, cynical UT fans

Reactions: 6 people
Too early for bowl predictions.....we have still got to win out and I am afraid we will have real difficulty doing that.

Sugar Bowl rematch with Oklahoma if we are the SECCG loser?

Wouldn't happen. 10-3 sends us to the Citrus or Outback/Taxslayer/Music City/Liberty/Belk/ Texas Bowl.

But I'm also not sure that OU's winning the Big 12 with how bad their defense looked this week.

Too early for bowl predictions.....we have still got to win out and I am afraid we will have real difficulty doing that.

Watch our opponent's games, especially those this week, and then you might want to reconsider your thoughts on that.

Wouldn't happen. 10-3 sends us to the Citrus or Outback/Taxslayer/Music City/Liberty/Belk/ Texas Bowl.

But I'm also not sure that OU's winning the Big 12 with how bad their defense looked this week.

When I think of the Music City or Liberty Bowls it reminds me of the 6-6 seasons we used to hope for. I believe 10-3 would go to a better bowl than that.

Michigan will beat them, they will have 2 loses, sitting right outside the playoffs just like us, they love to pair us with big ten teams in bowls.

When I think of the Music City or Liberty Bowls it reminds me of the 6-6 seasons we used to hope for. I believe 10-3 would go to a better bowl than that.

That was also during the previous bowl selection setup, which changed with the arrival of the playoff system.

The way SEC bowl selection works now, though, is that - after the Citrus Bowl makes its own selection - the Outback, Music City, Liberty, Taxslayer, Belk, and Texas Bowls all make up a single, same tier of bowls - a "pool of 6" if you will - the matchups for which are decided by the SEC front offices.

The league decides the participants for each of these bowls. The eligible teams the bowl games they'd like to participate in, the bowl games each submit a list of the SEC teams they're interested in, and the offices make the final decisions. They do such with consideration to things like avoiding recent rematches, fan base proximity, if the team'a recently played in that bowl, etc.

Essentially, they're all the same tier/level of bowl now in this system.

Reactions: 1 person
this is cool, in my back yard, easy tix, id be down, but i really want something better.....

That was also during the previous bowl selection setup, which changed with the arrival of the playoff system.

The way SEC bowl selection works now, though, is that - after the Citrus Bowl makes its own selection - the Outback, Music City, Liberty, Taxslayer, Belk, and Texas Bowls all make up a single, same tier of bowls - a "pool of 6" if you will - the matchups for which are decided by the SEC front offices.

The league decides the participants for each of these bowls. The eligible teams the bowl games they'd like to participate in, the bowl games each submit a list of the SEC teams they're interested in, and the offices make the final decisions. They do such with consideration to things like avoiding recent rematches, fan base proximity, if the team'a recently played in that bowl, etc.

Essentially, they're all the same tier/level of bowl now in this system.
I didn't know that. Thanks for educating me.

Sugar Bowl rematch with Oklahoma if we are the SECCG loser?

If we lose the SECCG we will have 3 losses. Sugar Bowl will take a SECW team like aTm if they finish with 1 or 2 losses. We killed a lot of our post season potential when we turned the ball over 7 times in 1 game.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back