Wes Welker UT Staff?

Reactions: 3 people
The way it sounds, I think Butch kinda wants ZA to find another place to underperform

According to LWS, Butch has been kinda hinting for them to look elsewhere for a job for a while now. Thats why CZA and Mahoney are the lowest paid assistance on the staff.

Reactions: 1 person
I think this continues to lead toward Scott being promoted to OC, then ZA leaving for being passed over, or being asked to leave.

I think if this happens I'll be ok with it...

OC - Scott (TE)
QB - Weinke
WR - Welker
OL - Mahoney replaced

Reactions: 8 people
I think this continues to lead toward Scott being promoted to OC, then ZA leaving for being passed over, or being asked to leave.

OC - Scott (TE)
QB - Weinke
WR - Welker
OL - Mahoney replaced

I'd love this staff, especially if Mahoney is replaced.

Why not hire him? Could receivers be much worse off? Surely he can teach technique, route running and ball security. I have to believe he could recruit well. All high school football players should know who he is and how good a career he had. Super bowl rings will get their attention.

Why not hire him? Could receivers be much worse off? Surely he can teach technique, route running and ball security. I have to believe he could recruit well. All high school football players should know who he is and how good a career he had. Super bowl rings will get their attention.

Being a good player is far far far from proof that a person is a good coach

Ummmm...this guy was THE complete WR in the NFL for years! He's a household name and already a better coach than Z. He did it as an undersized WR against the best competition in the world for several years. He's freaking legit. I would be honored to have him coaching our Wrs and would probably want an autograph immediately. His recruiting pitch is him showing up at the freaking door!

Being a good player is far far far from proof that a person is a good coach

I completely agree. My point is, how much "good" coaching are they recieving now. I added the recruiting because I think it would be a big plus.

Reactions: 1 person

OC - Scott (TE)
QB - Manning
WR - Welker
OL - Mahoney replaced

fyp

Reactions: 4 people
If he is coming to discuss QC position, he is not a coach. It means he is wanting to learn to coach. Now if he imparts any knowledge re: what he learned as a player that is a bonus.

It also sends a positive message re: our coaching staff, that a NFL receiver of his caliber wants to come and start learning the coaching profession @ UT.

Austin Price is reporting that Welker will interview tomorrow for Offensive Quality Control position.

Reactions: 10 people
If he is coming to discuss QC position, he is not a coach. It means he is wanting to learn to coach. Now if he imparts any knowledge re: what he learned as a player that is a bonus.

It also sends a positive message re: our coaching staff, that a NFL receiver of his caliber wants to come and start learning the coaching profession @ UT.

Exactly. He can't skip those steps. Some serious foolish talk in this thread.

VN Store

Back