Wes Welker UT Staff?

WR play was great this year. This guy has zero business being discussed as a full time
Coach

I'm not arguing or disagreeing. Although, I wouldn't say wide receiver play was "great". There were some great catches and a lot of yards. There was also a lot of routes ran short of the sticks on third down. Maybe not hire him as a full time coach, but I think it would nice to have him on staff. Again, the recruiting aspect would be nice. I don't know if he could travel on recruiting trips as a QC or consultant, but it would be nice to have him on campus for recruiting visits. JMO

Reactions: 3 people
Why not hire him? Could receivers be much worse off? Surely he can teach technique, route running and ball security. I have to believe he could recruit well. All high school football players should know who he is and how good a career he had. Super bowl rings will get their attention.

He might help with recruiting in Tejas too.

Reactions: 1 person
You gotta think that if he's seriously interviewing for a QC position there's no way we don't offer him the position. Win-win situation if he's trying to get into coaching.

Maybe he will bring the Bama way to strength training with him. We know he is good at that

there wasn't an opening at Alabama when they hired Sarkisian either but somehow they managed. Succession planning it seems.

I think this continues to lead toward Scott being promoted to OC, then ZA leaving for being passed over, or being asked to leave.

I think if this happens I'll be ok with it...

OC - Scott (TE)
QB - Weinke
WR - Welker
OL - Mahoney replaced

Would love this offensive staff!! Then we know Martinez is for sure gone and most likely Stripling too on Defense

Why not hire him? Could receivers be much worse off? Surely he can teach technique, route running and ball security. I have to believe he could recruit well. All high school football players should know who he is and how good a career he had. Super bowl rings will get their attention.

Exactly..would be a great hire and bet he could end up a good recruiter.

QUOTE=kid50;13461873]This has to be for a QC or analyst position. We don't have any positions open for him now (he won't be OC and if we promote Z he can't coach QBs). If we're interviewing for WR coach then I assume Z is already gone.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I think that's how Peter Sirmon started here. My guess is replacing Sheridan then having a true qb coach, and promoting OC in house while Welker works with wr (like Sheridan did with qb's) and reassign Azzani or cut him loose. Then you have another hire who focuses on other aspects of offense like running game.

He could be coming on as like a quality control assistant or graduate assistant or something like that. Might not actually be a position coach.

Yeah, but that's without her makeup. She looks pretty good once she brushes her hair.

Anna-Burns-Welker-Wes-Welker-wife-pics.png

Reactions: 6 people
WR play was great this year. This guy has zero business being discussed as a full time
Coach

Why, because you say? Give me a break..

It's Butch's ass, he'll make the decision..

VN Store

Back