Tennessee owes Tyler a shot 2 head coach imo

I mean, it's not like his mom didn't put girls basketball on the map.

This post should go in the encyclopedia (remember those) next to the phrase "stir the pot". Because Tyler committed adultery against his young wife with one of his players, has made him toxic. The ONE good thing about this (that's hard to write) is that at least it shut up the insanity of a few around here who wanted to give him the WBB HC job here. Thankfully those people went back in their caves. :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
I for one would like to go after Vic Shaffer at ST. What he has done with program that on average we used to beat by 30 points a game and was a doormat in this league. What could he do with all the talent this team would have next year. Watch out Geno.

Hell will freeze over before a man is hired to coach the womens basketball program at Tennessee. You think the Lady Vols logo issue was a big deal...watch what happens if they did what you are suggesting.

No.

As Spencer1989 posted... he should be an assistant on a men's team if he were to get back into coaching. Staying out of the spotlight for about a decade would be best for him and his mother's legacy.

Are you serious? First and foremost he would have to be outfitted with a chastity belt and a muzzle, if you get my meaning. Hiring Tyler is a very rediculous idea at best.

Ummm. NO. Tyler has permanently disqualified himself from coaching the girl's game. If he goes back through the ranks and is successful on the men's side maybe a decade or two down the road.

One of the saddest happenings in WCBB...and all the sadder that it indirectly tainted a great Lady Vols program. We can only feel sorry for all concerned.

I was a fan of the kid....Not now.

Every school would use his transgressions against him in recruiting. It would be a disaster.

Reactions: 1 person
I say give the kid a shot. As the old aphorism reminds us, time heals all wounds. Considering his core-deep UT roots and his familial legacy as the son of a coaching legend, surely he would be motivated like no one else to elevate the Lady Vols to the heights that were once ours exclusively. If we can't be forgiven our youthful indiscretions, then none of us would be able to move on to a more productive and worthwhile future. He couldn't do much worse than Holy Holly. Let he who has not "sinned" cast the first stone.

Last edited:
I say give the kid a shot. As the old aphorism reminds us, time heals all wounds. Considering his core-deep UT roots and his familial legacy as the son of a coaching legend, surely he would be motivated like no one else to elevate the Lady Vols to the heights that were once ours exclusively. If we can't be forgiven our youthful indiscretions, then none of us would be able to move on to a more productive and worthwhile future. He couldn't do much worse than Holy Holly. Let he who has not "sinned" cast the first stone.

He could do much worse than Holly because as the previous poster noted, his presence would be used against Tennessee in recruiting. I don't see any #1 recruiting classes with him as the HC. What parent is going to let their daughter play for him?

It's one thing for fans of the program to forgive, but the rest of the general population will likely not be as easily swayed.

Reactions: 3 people
This has got to be the worst post on this forum, ever!

I'm embarrassed just reading it.

This poster was just baiting any and all to start blasting someone other than holly..... so far 35 folks have taken the bait.....ridiculous indeed 🙈

Okay, let's look at the logic of this!!

My son gets an allowance and he uses the money to get his friends to purchase beer and cigarettes for him. So, I now know that he is not responsible with his allowance. So, do I (1) Increase his allowance? (2) Take away his allowance? (3) Continue to give him the same amount of money as an allowance?

My point is, that Tyler could not handle a small program, so how can he be expected to handle more responsibilities at a large program?

Talk about negative recruiting !!!! Geno to mother of McDonald's All American " Maam, are you really considering sending your daughter to Tennessee where she could end up pregnant by her head coach?" "You know that Tyler did a marginal job at La. Tech" "Your daughter would be better served to just come to UConn" "I have a scholarship waiting for her now"

200.gif

let those without sin cast the first stone.

I don't see an execution about to happen. We aren't killing the guy, or preventing him from making a living. But if you think anyone is letting him coach young women again? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

If you are going to quote wisdom, have the common sense on how to apply it.

VN Store

Back