Tennessee owes Tyler a shot 2 head coach imo

:wavey: Chelsea Clinton says hi.

Yeah, not sure you understood what I was saying. I don't think she's ever had a job important enough that could be categorized as pass/fail. I think she's worked in mostly non-profit type stuff. Now Hillary or George W. would be better examples.

Last edited:
Tyler Summitt doesn't have to work another day of his life thanks to his mother and the good taxpayers of Tennessee.

From a Dan Fleser article published in the Tennessean last summer -
Tyler Summitt also was designated by his mother to be a non-spouse beneficiary of her state pension. When she retired, Pat Summitt opted to collect a monthly benefit of $14,460, or $173,520 annually in 2012. That benefit, with an annual cost-of-living adjustment, is now collected by Tyler Summitt for the rest of his life. Pat Summitt could have opted instead to collect $21,141 per month, or $253,632 annually, without choosing a beneficiary, and the payments would have ended upon her death.

That's in addition to him inheriting everything else his mother owned.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure that Tyler Summitt started feeling like his world was spiraling out of control the moment Pat received her diagnosis, and then, eventually, it finally flew completely off its axis.

I cannot imagine the pain and sorrow and fear and confusion and, whether he'd ever admit it or not, the self-pity that was swallowing him up as he was trying to put on a brave and confident face for the world -- literally, the world -- to see. Including his mom.

So, while what he did was stupid, and wrong and heartbreaking on so many levels, it really wasn't all that surprising to anyone who dabbles in human psychology.

Often in times of great stress and depression, otherwise good people can find themselves doing incredibly stupid things that hurt themselves and those they love. Like infidelity.

What Tyler did to both AnDe and the student-athlete was awful and he has paid for it not only with his career, but with losing the respect that had been his birthright because of his mother.

He's such a young man and for him to lose his mother, probably THE most influential mother ever born in Tennessee, just when he needed her most, had to be devastating beyond comprehension. So he went off the rails -- BIGtime.

But since he is so young I truly hate that this will likely be a mistake that will haunt him into old age. Everyone makes mistakes, and should be forgiven.

But like others have said, the particular mistake Tyler made -- cheating on his wife with one of his players -- is a mistake that can be forgiven, but never forgotten. What university wants to risk recruiting teams for other programs constantly telling parents, "Do you REALLY want to risk your daughter being seduced by Tyler Summitt? I mean, he's done it before, what's to keep him from doing it to YOUR daughter?"

I don't see any Athletic Directors being willing to subject its women's basketball program to that kind of nastiness. Ever. Now, a men's program? Possibly. No guarantee that his general integrity would be an issue, but, in time, perhaps that could be addressed and forgiven as Tyler matures. It's more possible that in the future a men's program could take into consideration that he was sooooo very young and in turmoil when it occurred. Maybe in 5-10 more years?

Tyler has all the money he'll ever need, so at least Pat was able to take care of him in that way.

I bet the OP wished he never pressed POST. This is not going the way he thought it would. Post Quick Reply does not mean you have to hurry.

By the way UT owes Tyler nothing. He screwed his own life up and its not UTs place to clean up his mess and take care of him.

Tyler is working with Pat's foundation, carrying on his mother's wishes to fight Alzheimers and fund research to find a cure. Keeping a low profile and helping others is probably the best thing for him right now.

Reactions: 3 people
th

He literally always does this; posts a thread that's usually pretty stupid and then never returns.

Exactly. Check out the OP's previous posts re Tyler. He has multiple past posts calling for Tyler to be the HC. It's a joke, albeit a juvenile joke.

He's laughing his a** off that people are taking him seriously. Folks, ignore him.

Tyler may get a job coaching mens basketball somewhere,but probably not,unless it is in the pros,which i don't think will happen either

Tyler may get a job coaching mens basketball somewhere,but probably not,unless it is in the pros,which i don't think will happen either

Somewhere in Europe I would think. UK, Italy, France or Germany. Maybe Australia or New Zealand if they move away from netball (basketball without a backboard).

4 to 6 years of winning overseas, and come back to coach D league. Longshot, but might be his only viable route.

If he hopes to coach women? Russia maybe?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back