Tennessee owes Tyler a shot 2 head coach imo

Tyler's story has ended up being sad..... I hope he finds fulfillment in his life.... because he has many years to live.

Nobody has heard a peep or sighting since the memorial service... I hope he is good and anDe is as well.... I wonder what happened to the LT player who he was inappropriate with... I hope her life is good as well...

With basketball... his mom helped get him the job at Marquette, and right after he got that job he started applying for whatever head job came open..... i know East Carolina was one of them... La Tech took a chance.... he was a HC at what, 23? .... in retrospect it will be a litmus test of what can go wrong....

Hope all in this scenario are well, including Tyler himself.

Reactions: 1 person
:wavey: Chelsea Clinton says hi.

Don't know why Tyler is being mentioned in coach hiring. I personally forgive him because he's young but not a coach hiring caliber at TN. Lots of smart ppl out there eg K.Lawson & C.Parker are tough pick..Parker makes only $2.00, pay her and watch how fast she'll leave Wnba.

I'd love to see CP back on the Hill. She'd have more experience than Pat did at the beginning.

I am surprised that people favor Candice for the HC position....

Key figure in LV lore and i am sure knows her hoops.... but to hire someone with no coaching experience....

One thing for sure she will get better results than holly

first, he was a terrible coach; second and most important, he would make us the laughing stock of the college world; third, he completely ruin Pat's name (more than he already has); forth, imagine the lawsuits any of the ladies can win if they get upset with him and claim harassment ; and also what everyone else said!

Hiring Tyler would be the absolute worst decision Tennessee could make. He landed a head coaching role solely because of his last name, did a mediocre job, and then cheated on his wife by knocking up one of his players.

He could be a great coach 10-20 years from now, but please remember, he's not Pat. The argument that he grew up with her and knows the program as well as anyone is weak considering Holly is the head coach, and she has been around Lady Vol basketball longer than anyone.

Tyler isn't his mom. He is a 26 year old with minimal results and several GLARING red flags.

There will never be another Pat Summitt, so Tennessee when Tennessee eventually looks to replace Holly, I think they should look outside the Lady Vol tree and try to hire someone who has proven their ability to:
1. Develop talent
2. Motivate players to play good team basketball.

Tennessee will always be a hot bed for recruiting. They just need to find someone who can coach the kids.

Reactions: 3 people
Tyler enrolled to get his doctorate in business at UT quitely in the fall. Have heard nothing sbout hos marriage or the girl he was screwing around with. My understanding was she was pregnant, not a rumour whether she had the child who knows, but her and her family opened a civil suit which i think was settled out of court. He deleted his old facebook account and has added a new one with limited friends...about 400

look at this in a positive light.

Now a few who remain clueless can put Tyler in the same conversation as another great Vol that we need to help bail us out.

Yep, Tyler can bail out the Lady Vols at the same time Peyton bails out the quarterbacks.

If this's all we've got to do on this board, let's all find another hobby!

really!

I'd still like to see if we can sweet-talk Gary Blair. I know he is near retirement, but he would put the zing in our steps again, and get the program going again, and built up to hand off to an up and comer in 4-5 years!

Also, he understands and has reverence for the Lady Vol program. And no entitlement issues!

I hear all kinds of names... I would not worry about pre selection... i would just put out a nationwide search... enough people would apply.... then select...

we need a Vic S at Ms State or Scott at Oregon St.... someone who can teach and build a program

Gary Blair? You might want to check a calander! His results this decade are terrible and no where near as successful to Holly's

I agree. Look, I understand the grumblings and i myself have questioned whether or not Holly is the right coach, but she has taken down a few top 10 teams. Yes, she doesnt in any way have the motivational skills of a pat summitt or geno, and her insistence on playing conservative with a lead is frustrating, but my opinion is give her a chance to see what she can do with next years class. After the Fulmer debacle, I hesitate on whether letting Holly go is a good move..gotta be cautious!!

Gary Blair? You might want to check a calander! His results this decade are terrible and no where near as successful to Holly's

Gary Blair is a very good coach and a fine person. He has a national championship, and Holly doesn't. I am not advocating for Gary Blair to be coach of Tennessee, if for no other reason because he's 70 years old or near that. I know that's ageism, but it's also the truth.

Otherwise I don't see how any knowledgeable observer could say that Gary Blair does anything other than field consistently good ball clubs that are competitive and play the game well. They beat Tennessee in Knoxville this season with less All-American talent than Tennessee has. One win may not mean much, but a lifetime of fielding consistently good ball clubs does.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree. Look, I understand the grumblings and i myself have questioned whether or not Holly is the right coach, but she has taken down a few top 10 teams. Yes, she doesnt in any way have the motivational skills of a pat summitt or geno, and her insistence on playing conservative with a lead is frustrating, but my opinion is give her a chance to see what she can do with next years class. After the Fulmer debacle, I hesitate on whether letting Holly go is a good move..gotta be cautious!!

They were a good staff for years, ,, still are,, They just need to find an identity.

He was given a chance to be a head coach at 23 because he was Pat's son and look what he did with it.

VN Store

Back