The Official Tennessee vs. Missouri Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Very solid win over an outmatched Missouri squad that just seems to be going through the motions.

North Carolina State just fired Gottfried and could he end up at Missouri next season? Anderson is 26-63 and it will be interesting to see if he gets a third season at Missouri.

Was Barnes just chewing out Grant Williams? Really?

Yep, and glad to see it. If you want your team to play 40 minutes and not blow big leads, then you coach your rear end off for 40 minutes. You can't complain about blown leads and then whine about Barnes coaching his players to the end.

Reactions: 5 people
Very solid win over an outmatched Missouri squad that just seems to be going through the motions.

North Carolina State just fired Gottfried and could he end up at Missouri next season? Anderson is 26-63 and it will be interesting to see if he gets a third season at Missouri.

Deleted.

Last edited:

I remember that a lot of posters on here wanted Anderson in the worst way. Gins sight has changed some of those opinions, I hope. Just another case of that posters usually make worse decisions than ADs, even at Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, and glad to see it. If you want your team to play 40 minutes and not blow big leads, then you coach your rear end off for 40 minutes. You can't complain about blown leads and then whine about Barnes coaching his players to the end.

U are absolutely right. All I have on read on here, lately, is how CRB keeps blowing double digit leads. Well, that's how u stop blowing those leads, u ream your star freshman out,who just led the team in scoring, for making a petty foul, with a 20 point lead. Then u guys complain about it. Smh

Nice bounce back game after the Ky blowout. A lot of SEC teams tend to have a letdown after playing Ky. A lot of players were battling the flu this week Barnes said. Hopefully, they can get over that and be ready to sweep little brother on Wed night.

Maybe the whole team needs to get cornrows like Hubbs. Good game from him after being in a little funk with injuries/whatever.

Only if Lew does it too

Was Barnes just chewing out Grant Williams? Really?
Yes, and Williams deserved it, too. That foul he committed right before being taken out was so stupid and so Freshman like. Williams gets the ball taken away and just goes and hacks the Missouri player. If this team wants to grow up those kinds of fouls should never happen.

Yes, and Williams deserved it, too. That foul he committed right before being taken out was so stupid and so Freshman like. Williams gets the ball taken away and just goes and hacks the Missouri player. If this team wants to grow up those kinds of fouls should never happen.

No worse than the hack on Missouri throwing the ball off Williams face down by 20

Turner jacked up a shot near the end with both walk-ons in. Barnes jerked him out and chewed him out for not getting the ball to Campbell or Woodson. Hilarious. Kwe played the final minute instead of Turner.

I remember that a lot of posters on here wanted Anderson in the worst way. Gins sight has changed some of those opinions, I hope. Just another case of that posters usually make worse decisions than ADs, even at Tennessee.

Kim Anderson? The guy who was coaching JUCO? You saw that on this forum?

From Grant Ramey:

Hubbs walks in. Barnes does a double-take.

"Sorry, I just saw the worst haircut I've ever seen."

Hubbs looks over his shoulder, blows kiss

Barnes: "How long did it take you to do that?"

Hubbs: "About 40 minutes."

Barnes: "Could have been working on your jump shot."

Barnes: "Take a picture with me. Make me look good."

:eek:lol:

C4-ap6YWcAAPXL2.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
From Grant Ramey:

C4-ap6YWcAAPXL2.jpg

I can't tell if that's a joke or not. But if it's true, that's hilarious

From Grant Ramey:

C4-ap6YWcAAPXL2.jpg

That's awesome

Kim Anderson? The guy who was coaching JUCO? You saw that on this forum?

I thought it was D2 ball, but the point remains. The only thing I remember being said was how much better Anderson was doing in recruiting versus Tyndall, and that was moatly confined to BTO, mostly because he hated Tyndall. I don't think he actually coveted Anderson. Nobody in their right mind actually wanted Anderson.

I thought it was D2 ball, but the point remains. The only thing I remember being said was how much better Anderson was doing in recruiting versus Tyndall, and that was moatly confined to BTO, mostly because he hated Tyndall. I don't think he actually coveted Anderson. Nobody in their right mind actually wanted Anderson.

That's the only positive talk about him I remember. BTO using him to smear DT.

He recruited three 4 stars his first year, and I don't think any of them stuck. He has mostly recruited 3 stars since then, and ours are better than his. Looks like there has been a lot of turnover. It's never a good sign when a coach can't keep players. Have to think he is out after this year.

He recruited three 4 stars his first year, and I don't think any of them stuck. He has mostly recruited 3 stars since then, and ours are better than his. Looks like there has been a lot of turnover. It's never a good sign when a coach can't keep players. Have to think he is out after this year.

Yeah, they took a gamble on a local guy and it hasn't played out well. Tough to jump from D2 to SEC and succeed immediately. Perhaps if they gave him 6-7 years, he'd be able to learn on the job and turn it around. Doubt they do that though.

Yea I didn't want him as our coach, just used him to show how crap Tyndall was.

VN Store

Back