New Name Emerges in AD Search

At this point, I just don't give a damn anymore. Hire someone....anyone....just get it over with. UT is going to screw it up anyway so why the dog and pony show? Is the BOT trying to convince the masses that the UT ship actually has a captain and a rudder? Hell, we've been listing and drifting aimlessly as an athletic department in every sport for nearly a decade now. Same song and dance....big things are coming. It's a new day at UT. Exciting times. Send us your money and watch this program ascend to great things! BS. Nothing has changed. Nothing will change. Same ol' UT.

So you're saying that a program that has been successful for over a century is done for? LOL

So you're saying that a program that has been successful for over a century is done for? LOL

The leaders of this program administration are just a joke right now. This is a prime example. Even close reporters are saying they work against each other. The previous century may be fine, but the last decade has been nothing but pathetic.

Reactions: 1 person
Everybody who wants a Vol as AD should remember that Holly is VFL - how is that working out?

I want a Vol if they are qualified. If the most qualified is Morrison, then let's roll.

Just because Holly isn't getting it done doesn't have a darn thing to do with Fulmer or Blackburn. Morrison is not the most qualified for UT, in the end I will be totally surprised if it is anything but Blackburn or Fulmer, but if it is she and the administration better pray they got it right because the fan backlash will be brutal and it will be justified. Blackburn is the route to go here, he stands a great chance of succeeding and if he doesn't the backlash will not be near as severe. Plus with Blackburn your practically guarantee that Fulmer will be around in some capacity and that is a good thing overall as we get both of them. They will serve UT well, they know the terrain and know the ins and outs of almost every aspect of UT. This is the perfect setup for UT all they have to do is take it. GBO!!!!!

Just because Holly isn't getting it done doesn't have a darn thing to do with Fulmer or Blackburn. Morrison is not the most qualified for UT, in the end I will be totally surprised if it is anything but Blackburn or Fulmer, but if it is she and the administration better pray they got it right because the fan backlash will be brutal and it will be justified. Blackburn is the route to go here, he stands a great chance of succeeding and if he doesn't the backlash will not be near as severe. Plus with Blackburn your practically guarantee that Fulmer will be around in some capacity and that is a good thing overall as we get both of them. They will serve UT well, they know the terrain and know the ins and outs of almost every aspect of UT. This is the perfect setup for UT all they have to do is take it. GBO!!!!!

The point is "just because someone is a VFL, it does not make them the best for the position."
You do not have to be from Tennessee to understand the tradition and expectations. Morrison has worked his way up from Wofford, to TCU, finally to the NFL. Success at every stage. We would be fortunate to get him. I find it interesting about the timing of his resignation. IMO, he would be a great fit at UT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

IMO, CPF is not throwing his hat in the ring to play second fiddle to Blackburn.

The point is "just because someone is a VFL, it does not make them the best for the position."
You do not have to be from Tennessee to understand the tradition and expectations. Morrison has worked his way up from Wofford, to TCU, finally to the NFL. Success at every stage. We would be fortunate to get him. I find it interesting about the timing of his resignation. IMO, he would be a great fit at UT.

It just seems like some are looking for a reason to not hire Blackburn. I am not saying everybody has to be a UT guy, but giving the current state of the Ath Dept. I personally think it only helps to hire a man like Blackburn who not only is qualified and has done well at every place and position he has been in, he also has a special love and connection to the place. Why should it be considered a negative that he has been here in the past??? These are just my opinions, not saying they are right our wrong. Morrison may be a great AD in the making, but if I had to chose one it would be Blackburn.I just don't see Blackburn being anything but super successful at UT and think it would be a shame if he didn't get the chance he was groomed for. GBO!!!!!!

VB6l6Tj.gif

bozo-jazz-hands-o.gif

I never realized how much Bozo looks like Pennywise until I saw this.

At this point, I just don't give a damn anymore. Hire someone....anyone....just get it over with. UT is going to screw it up anyway so why the dog and pony show? Is the BOT trying to convince the masses that the UT ship actually has a captain and a rudder? Hell, we've been listing and drifting aimlessly as an athletic department in every sport for nearly a decade now. Same song and dance....big things are coming. It's a new day at UT. Exciting times. Send us your money and watch this program ascend to great things! BS. Nothing has changed. Nothing will change. Same ol' UT.
Ok Eeyore Disney's been looking for you...now you hi-tailed it back to Pooh bear right this instant!!!

Former President of the Carolina Panthers has apparently become a candidate for the UT AD position. Morrison served as Panthers President from September 2009 until February 9, 2017.

Last edited:
After the way the Panthers owner talked to Peyton Manning during the strike negotiations, and other things the Panthers organization have done behind the scenes against the Tennessee Vols program, I wouldn't touch this guy with a ten foot pole.

Former President of the Carolina Panthers has apparently become a candidate for the UT AD position. Morrison served as Panthers President from September 2009 until February 9, 2017.

Eh, not impressed. Carolina had a decent team last year and instead of building on it they just let key pieces walk so they wouldnt have to pay them.

Prior to his time with the Panthers, he got helped get TCU's program in a position where they got a Big XII invite. The investment in athletic facilities, coaches, and fundraising was key for TCU during his tenure laid the foundation for the Big XII invite.

That is my concern with Morrison. Why has he resigned? Much like the rumors with Cunningham yesterday, the optics are a little concerning.

TCU folks believe that Morrison's ability to invest heavily in coaches (especially by TCU standards and given the 2008-09 economy) was one of the main reasons why Gary Patterson didn't end up in Knoxville or Auburn. The bargain bin approach with hiring coaches at UT hasn't worked out that well recently.

please have someone with ties to the school

I know the eras are different but UT did pretty good job in hiring someone without UT connections. Some guy from Texas who was an aide to Douglas MacArthur at West Point.

We don't need to find the best person with UT ties to run the Department; we need to find the best person, period.

Reactions: 8 people
Not necessarily a new name, he was mentioned as possible candidate weeks ago, perhaps just now being vetted.

That is my concern with Morrison. Why has he resigned? Much like the rumors with Cunningham yesterday, the optics are a little concerning.

TCU folks believe that Morrison's ability to invest heavily in coaches (especially by TCU standards and given the 2008-09 economy) was one of the main reasons why Gary Patterson didn't end up in Knoxville or Auburn. The bargain bin approach with hiring coaches at UT hasn't worked out that well recently.

He was forced out, one of those, you can resign or...deals. Helps finding another job if you quit and put out a stateme, well, like he did. Very professional of the Panthers to allow that as a thank you for that many years of service.

VN Store

Back