New Name Emerges in AD Search

nothing good ever came out of Charlotte

Well, you have the Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun.

Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park but it has the longest line

WOOOOOOO!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Uh, wrong. :no:

charlotte-and-wilbur-coloring-page.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

On Charlotte...

Tony White (SEC player of the year '86 - '87)
Omar Gaither
Marquez North
Marquill Osborne
Stephen Griffin

to name a few.

On Morrison - he supposedly resigned because he misses working with Collegiate programs. He is not someone who is overly involved in the on the field product. Very much an administrator and about the business side of athletics.

Just have "Tennessee Guy" on your resume if you want to be disqualified. Go out of your way to not take care of your own.

They need some new candidates. Couple of the other candidates are about to die from old age as this drags on..............

this hire can tell fans who is call the shoots over there. i think it will be Fulmer . i think number 16 is under center..we will see soon

They are talking today on the zone about how this administration seems to be out of touch with how most Tennessee fans and supporters, perception becomes reality no matter if it is or not if heard often enough without a whisper from the administration. The silence is deafening. I hope our administration gets this right or it is going to get UGLY. GBO!!!!

I wish VN had been around when I was in school. Some of you are the best at making excuses for stuff.

Completely ridiculous that thi is still going on with DB sitting out there.

Don't worry about me, I'm not going anywhere! :)

Well if we cannot lure Gruden, then this candidate looks GREAT on paper. Ex AD at TCU and President of NFL team.

New blood could be just what our new Doc ordered!

That is my concern with Morrison. Why has he resigned? Much like the rumors with Cunningham yesterday, the optics are a little concerning.

TCU folks believe that Morrison's ability to invest heavily in coaches (especially by TCU standards and given the 2008-09 economy) was one of the main reasons why Gary Patterson didn't end up in Knoxville or Auburn. The bargain bin approach with hiring coaches at UT hasn't worked out that well recently.

Ahh, the old rumor thing. When rumors hit the internet, they must be true. But, if they aren't, it still disqualifies the person from a position they are vastly qualified for because it was rumored on the internet.

Maybe the rumors got started or reported because his name isn't David Blackburn or Philip Fulmer.

After the way the Panthers owner talked to Peyton Manning during the strike negotiations, and other things the Panthers organization have done behind the scenes against the Tennessee Vols program, I wouldn't touch this guy with a ten foot pole.

What's the story here? Never heard of any of it?

He's referring to Jerry Richardson's "condescending" remarks to Peyton Manning and Drew Brees during the 2011 lockout negotiations. Richardson is an ass when it comes to negotiations of any type. So it was not personal with Peyton or anyone else. That's just the way he negotiates.

As for the comments about people in the Panthers doing the Vols program wrong. There have been several, including Kevin Steele, who have made negative gestures or comments towards the Vols program - but to my knowledge, these were people who had moved on to other jobs (including coaches at rival schools) and any remarks or gestures weren't made while they were working for the Panthers.

Unfortunately I saw somewhere today that Bohn from Cincinnati Is a candidate. This is so stupid. I obviously want Blackburn like most. But im not opposed to an outside guy if he's proven. But Bohn doesn't fall into that for me.

I'm honestly concerned now. It seems nobody could be appeased with Blackburn or Fulmer so we are looking at outside people. It's like our boosters said "if I can't have my guy you can't have yours either." Now hiring an outside person is not a huge issue as long as they are proven, but Bohn's name being mentioned as a candidate is ridiculous. If he is hired then we might as well change our name to the University of Cincinnati at Knoxville.

Seriously though we have a hired search firm and an independent search committee and these are the only candidates we can find across the entire country?! Blackburn is begging for the job and deserves it. Phil would be better than most of the others. But please do not let it be some random person that does not deserve to be at Tennessee or who could care less about the success of Tennessee athletics.

Owner of Panthers can't stand Peyton for some reason. No one has figured out why yet. He got ornery with Peyton during the strike discussions, trying to tell him he wasn't smart enough to read a spreadsheet.

Then there has been some stuff traced back money wise that seemed to point to the owner bringing up Peyton's run in while at Tennessee with the trainer (flashing incident) when he retired. Also links to owner and the Nashville reporter behind it.

I was so glad Peyton got his last super bowl win over the Panthers.

Apparently because there just has to be a new serious candidate every 2 or 3 days, this morning's is Currie at K State.

It's crazy the way this is playing out. I'd really like to think that somebody knows what they're doing, but it sure is difficult.

VN Store

Back