Tennessee @ Texas A&M Game 3 Thread - 2pm SECN+

Vols' total attendance for a weekend is normally less than LSU or Miss State draws on Friday night. Facilities are part of the problem but lack of competitiveness is a bigger problem. It's easy to say that the Vols are playing a lot of young guys who will get better but the rest of the SEC is bringing in better talent every year.

What are the solutions?

1. I look at it like an investment. We have invested a sum of money in CDS, 6 years of time. In that time he's completely changed his philosophy and hired an entirely new staff. It seems to me he spent the first few years trying to play a ball game without the kind of players he needed. He's spent the last couple of seasons trying desperately to get power pitchers and now he has some, we used to lead the league in sac hits, now we're last...So, he may have been slow to change but no one can say he hasn't. He's essentially learned on the job in terms of what is required in the SEC.

Todd Helton is around the program, who better to have to sit down with Currie than a guy that can either back up CDS or otherwise be honest about where he sees the program?
If they evaluate the program and think Serrano can get it done, then give him a three year contract with a way for the school to not have to pay him a buy out, I bet even CDS would think that was fair. Make a pledge to give him whatever he needs in order to recruit better talent.

2. Go a different direction, but let's be honest with ourselves. The right person for this job is going to have some demands, he's going to want a level playing field and that means a comprehensive examination of what the program needs on every level, facilities, scholarships, amenities, promotion, travel, etc...we have to find a way to make the program attractive so we can compete for players and if the AD was to go this route without taking some of the steps, I doubt we get the guy we want. The first place I start is current ACC/SEC assistants.

Not much. They are on the same level as Tennessee but yes they are winning at a higher level. They also have never been to Omaha. That type program is the best tennesse can do imo

My attitude about this is you have to crawl before you can walk. I would gladly settle for making the NCAAT every now and then as long as we could finish middle of the pack around .500 and field a team that could win a couple of games in the SECT.

I don't have any delusions about becoming an SEC powerhouse or building decks on the hood of my beaten up pick up truck with a giant grill where the engine used to be along the RF fence.

Actually...:whistling:

Not much. They are on the same level as Tennessee but yes they are winning at a higher level. They also have never been to Omaha. That type program is the best tennesse can do imo

Agree 100%. Also their last three head coach hires were current SEC assistant coaches who knew what they were getting into and obviously had a good plan on how to compete in the league.

Vols' total attendance for a weekend is normally less than LSU or Miss State draws on Friday night. Facilities are part of the problem but lack of competitiveness is a bigger problem. It's easy to say that the Vols are playing a lot of young guys who will get better but the rest of the SEC is bringing in better talent every year.

What are the solutions?

The individuals who have historically visited this site have been more than patient and fair to Coach Serrano who is in his sixth season with nothing to show for it...we battle at the bottom every year just to make the SECT...the time has come to move on...period...end of story...there, I said it...:salute:

PS...paging Mr. Currie

GO BIG ORANGE!

Poor Dave Serrano.... Could the UT Baseball nightmare just end at some point for this guy? Neither he nor Kyle ever caught any traction at UT. I feel terribly for the poor guy. I really believe Serrano is a pretty good guy, but for whatever reason the Tennessee Baseball Vortex has swallowed him. Really sad. The Vols actually played respectably in losing 2 out of 3 close games at College Station. Give those young kids credit for eking out a 5-3 win in 14 innings early last night.

http://tonybasilio.com/index.php?page=tony&b=2646

This isn't even critical and it's pretty much the only thing about UT baseball anywhere that I can find.

On another board someone pointed out that we started 0-6 and have gone 5-7 in SEC play over the last 4 weeks, and says he sees light at the end of the tunnel.

I really don't see where CDS comments come from...I mean saying they started in a hole is not criticism, it's just a fact.

Reactions: 1 person
My attitude about this is you have to crawl before you can walk. I would gladly settle for making the NCAAT every now and then as long as we could finish middle of the pack around .500 and field a team that could win a couple of games in the SECT.

:

You just described the Rod Delmonico era. In a later post, you mentioned someone mentioning seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel." I just hope it's not an oncoming train.

You just described the Rod Delmonico era. In a later post, you mentioned someone mentioning seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel." I just hope it's not an oncoming train.

I think I've been unclear or something.

CDS has said a couple of times, something along the lines of..."I hear the criticism" or "we here the criticism"...

I'm just asking...from who? From where?

I quoted a post from tos as an example of the support it seems like most still hold for him.

I posted a paragraph from Tony Basilio, that's also not critical of him, maybe saying "sucked in to the UT baseball vortex" isn't flattering to the program, but that's hardly being critical of the coach.

On the three other biggest Tennessee sports forums, there are less than 10 posts regarding UT Baseball on the front pages...Combined.

He was on the radio yesterday and he wasn't even asked about Leftridge or Santiago.

As for the Delmonico thing, I guess that's fair or as Bruin said maybe what Kentucky is doing is as good as we can expect, I'd take it right now, wouldn't you? In fact, lol, one of the first calls I might make is to Gary Henderson. That was painful to type.

Please, get someone to build a program. Other teams are doing it.

CDS needs to take care of family now.

Might be time to step down.

Dude I am sick of your personal attacks on family. We get it. You don't like CDS or Kyle. Leave the personal attacks out of it.

By the way I don't buy your bs about you not being connected to Stallings. Why else would you have a plane ticket right out after he pitched but decide to stay at the last second? Don't give me the bs answer. You might want to stop running your mouth before you embarrass a kid with a hell of a future.

Reactions: 1 person
Never met the kid. I am from class of 77 and just love the Vols.

Was not trying to piss you ir anyone off.

Guess I need to take a brake.

I be watching. Can't make game tomorrow but go vols.

Dude I am sick of your personal attacks on family. We get it. You don't like CDS or Kyle. Leave the personal attacks out of it.

By the way I don't buy your bs about you not being connected to Stallings. Why else would you have a plane ticket right out after he pitched but decide to stay at the last second? Don't give me the bs answer. You might want to stop running your mouth before you embarrass a kid with a hell of a future.

Am I missing something? How is that a personal attack?

Thank you for writing that. I just email webmaster and cancelled my account.

I will cheer from the sidelines.

volsfriend over and out.

Thank you for writing that. I just email webmaster and cancelled my account.

I will cheer from the sidelines.

volsfriend over and out.

Don't let Bruin run you off. He can be difficult to get along with. Half the people in the recruiting forum have him on ignore. :)

Don't let Bruin run you off. He can be difficult to get along with. Half the people in the recruiting forum have him on ignore. :)

if Bruin wins the Pick'em, the prize will be in the lower end of the spectrum of "not to exceed a $10,000 in value prize"......:)

by the way Freak, I'll need to email you later about getting the winner his/her goods.......do I just email the the Administrator at the end of the season?

if Bruin wins the Pick'em, the prize will be in the lower end of the spectrum of "not to exceed a $10,000 in value prize"......:)

by the way Freak, I'll need to email you later about getting the winner his/her goods.......do I just email the the Administrator at the end of the season?

My email is vol_freak@yahoo.com if you need to send me a message. :hi:

thanks. Not sure how we want to handle getting the winner something. I imagine posting personal addresses in the forum isn't the brightest idea.....

If you're wanting to send out a prize of some sort, I can be the middle man.

If you're wanting to send out a prize of some sort, I can be the middle man.

Perfect, I can send it to you in a prepaid box or envelope. Who knows, you might even be the winner......I'm sure you can edit your post without it showing on the post :)

Lol. I didn't notice with all the changes of the rules in the middle of the game.

Am I missing something? How is that a personal attack?

Telling a man to quit his job and go take care of his family couldn't be more personal. Even more so when his job was already in charge of The family member that the same person has joked about having issues with.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back