Tennessee @ Texas A&M Game 3 Thread - 2pm SECN+

Telling a man to quit his job and go take care of his family couldn't be more personal. Even more so when his job was already in charge of The family member that the same person has joked about having issues with.

Serrano is probably going to quit his job or be forced to this year. And it seems as though he does have some issues with Kyle, whatever they may be.

I'm all for keeping it classy, but no one seems to have an issue with anything he posted, except for you.

:hi:

Perfect, I can send it to you in a prepaid box or envelope. Who knows, you might even be the winner......I'm sure you can edit your post without it showing on the post :)

Lol. Yeah I'm not eligible to win.

Serrano is probably going to quit his job or be forced to this year. And it seems as though he does have some issues with Kyle, whatever they may be.

I'm all for keeping it classy, but no one seems to have an issue with anything he posted, except for you.

:hi:

I am ok being in the minority. I will never agree with gloating about a young adults problems which the OP did and deleted his post a Few days ago. I darn sure would never get personal enough to tell a man how to attend to his family by quitting his job. If that makes me sensitive then I am proud to be. I will always think making things about families behind a screen name is crossing the line on a board like this.

I am ok being in the minority. I will never agree with gloating about a young adults problems which the OP did and deleted his post a Few days ago. I darn sure would never get personal enough to tell a man how to attend to his family by quitting his job. If that makes me sensitive then I am proud to be. I will always think making things about families behind a screen name is crossing the line on a board like this.
If there's one thing we all know it's that you're okay with being in the minority. You just seem to be taking these posts differently than everyone else. Dave needs to quit because he's not working out here. Suggesting he should put family first, like I'm sure he does, doesn't seem like the insult you're making it out to be. Maybe you know more than I do about the issues so it's a sensitive subject. No idea.

I think everyone here wishes the best for Kyle the Serrano family. I know I certainly do.

If there's one thing we all know it's that you're okay with being in the minority. You just seem to be taking these posts differently than everyone else. Dave needs to quit because he's not working out here. Suggesting he should put family first, like I'm sure he does, doesn't seem like the insult you're making it out to be. Maybe you know more than I do about the issues so it's a sensitive subject. No idea.

I think everyone here wishes the best for Kyle the Serrano family. I know I certainly do.

Imo saying seranno needs to be fired for poor play and loss of a locker room is the topic we should be talking about. Plenty fair. Bringing the family life in to it crosses the line.

I know one thing this will do is make many coaches think twice about coaching their own kids. Many people just aren't capable of separating the personal from the professional and that seems clear here.

The truth of the matter, seems like to me... is that what Volsfriend posted would be child's play on any of the other forums at VN, even if he does have inside info which he has said he doesn't. He deleted his post. He apologized saying he didn't mean to offend. I have been there a time or two myself. :eek:

The "regulars" in the baseball forum try to keep it "classy" and other than the normal post game frustrations it's been pretty tight.

I am amazed that this forum hasn't been 'blown up" over a coach in his 6th year with this kind of record and at the end of the day, I believe that is because people genuinely like the Serrano's as a family. Everyone has hoped, is still hoping that CDS can/could/would be successful.

No coach in my life time has enjoyed this much good will at UT, we should be proud of that I suppose.

Reactions: 2 people
Imo saying seranno needs to be fired for poor play and loss of a locker room is the topic we should be talking about. Plenty fair. Bringing the family life in to it crosses the line.

I know one thing this will do is make many coaches think twice about coaching their own kids. Many people just aren't capable of separating the personal from the professional and that seems clear here.

I don't think loss of locker room is an issue with this team. It's true that we're 9-10 over the month or so since the Mississippi State series, but only two of the losses have been by more than 3 runs. They're still competing well, and I expect them to get at least 4 wins over their final three conference weekends the way they're playing.

I think the decision should be based on the overall body of work and likelihood of sustained improvement.

I just don't understand how an absolutely homerun hire like him isn't panning out.

I know he isn't recruiting at a high enough level for the SEC elite, but I thought this program would be in a better position by now.

I just don't understand how an absolutely homerun hire like him isn't panning out.

I know he isn't recruiting at a high enough level for the SEC elite, but I thought this program would be in a better position by now.

Dug too deep of a hole holding onto a "hitting coach" who thought he was an offensive coordinator. Misused a very good hitting line up for 4 years by forcing them to hit behind the runners, bunt and play small ball way too much. This destroyed recruiting for a few years and they are just now coming out of it but it may be too late.

Serrano thinking he could win by teaching average arms to pitch didn't help much either. The SEC is a power league: power hitting and power pitching wins.

Dug too deep of a hole holding onto a "hitting coach" who thought he was an offensive coordinator. Misused a very good hitting line up for 4 years by forcing them to hit behind the runners, bunt and play small ball way too much. This destroyed recruiting for a few years and they are just now coming out of it but it may be too late.

Serrano thinking he could win by teaching average arms to pitch didn't help much either. The SEC is a power league: power hitting and power pitching wins.

We should seriously consider taking a look at Coach Kent Murphy. He'd be perfect for the SEC.

We should seriously consider taking a look at Coach Kent Murphy. He'd be perfect for the SEC.

WARNING: NOT SAFE FOR WORK, IMPRESSIONABLE CHILDREN AND SOME WOMEN
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OMQPJhPqm8[/YOUTUBE]

Well said.

I think he has learned from those mistakes and has this thing headed the right way away from that fool. When you look at making a change it's a crap shoot.

Jim Toman was a name mentioned here for years and he was fired last year at Liberty and last year the sexy name was cliff Godwin. He is 4-11 and in last place right now in the AA.

If this play continues like it is keeping CDS seems like the best bet IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Well said.

I think he has learned from those mistakes and has this thing headed the right way away from that fool. When you look at making a change it's a crap shoot.

Jim Toman was a name mentioned here for years and he was fired last year at Liberty and last year the sexy name was cliff Godwin. He is 4-11 and in last place right now in the AA.

Agree. I do believe Cliff Godwin is an excellent coach and someone to keep an eye on for the future if needed. They have had a perfect storm of problems at ECU this spring

I have been a proponent for making a change although I firmly believe Serrano is an excellent baseball man. I believe they have a great opportunity this weekend to make a statement that better times are coming. I really hope they take advantage.

Well said.

Bruin, I am inclined to agree with you on this.

Well said.

What do you think about Lovelady in a year or two if things are still going south?

What do you think about Lovelady in a year or two if things are still going south?

I can't say I am all that familiar with him but I don't know of any reason why he wouldn't be worth taking a long look at

I can't say I am all that familiar with him but I don't know of any reason why he wouldn't be worth taking a long look at

He had Wright St rolling and now is at UCF and doing well. (124-56) with 2 regionals at Wright St. 31-14 this year at UCF. He played at Miami.

Last edited:
He had Wright St rolling and now is at UCF and doing well. (124-56) with 2 regionals at Wright St. 31-14 this year at UCF. He played at Miami.

Success at Ucf will help his resume a lot imo but honestly I am not sure he would leave there to take take our job. I wouldn't as I think UCF is better job. Not sure on salary but other than that it is better to me.

Reactions: 1 person
Success at Ucf will help his resume a lot imo but honestly I am not sure he would leave there to take take our job. I wouldn't as I think UCF is better job. Not sure on salary but other than that it is better to me.

Wow.

VN Store

Back