Well Here is the Reason Te'a Cooper left the program.

Well, Currie already fired coaches he thought were underperforming. Women's basketball coach still here and working, soooo...

Both of those coaches were dismissed immediately after their seasons had completed. Hes not going to fire holly 3 months after while preparations are already being made for next season. If he fires her it will be next March.

Reactions: 1 person
Both of those coaches were dismissed immediately after their seasons had completed. Hes not going to fire holly 3 months after while preparations are already being made for next season. If he fires her it will be next March.

Pretty sure the season was still going on for Serrano's forced resignation and Winterbotham's firing. Maybe post season tourneys.

My point was if it was as horrendous as folks say on here, he would've fired HW by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Pretty sure the season was still going on for Serrano's forced resignation and Winterbotham's firing. Maybe post season tourneys.

My point was if it was as horrendous as folks day on here, he would've fired HW by now.

I would imagine a big part of any decision would ride on CHW's buyout. Does anyone know the particulars on that?

I would imagine a big part of any decision would ride on CHW's buyout. Does anyone know the particulars on that?

Her buyout is just what time is left on her contact. Am thinking that's 2 years at around $650k each or $1.3 Mil.

Last edited:
Her buyout is just what time is left on her contact. Am thinking that's 2 years at around $650k.

You should probably factor in a buyout for a football coach and men's basketball coach. It's not out of the realm of possibility that one or both could be gone. That might help her out.

Holly Haters better prepare themselves for two more years of Holly as coach.

I know.

UT is not going to fire a coach with Holly's results (in total)...

especially if they must pay $1.3 million to buy her out then any quality replacement will be $4 million ($1mil per yr for 4 years) that may not do as well as Holly is now.

Reactions: 4 people
I know.

UT is not going to fire a coach with Holly's results (in total)...

especially if they must pay $1.3 million to buy her out then any quality replacement will be $4 million ($1mil per yr for 4 years) that may not do as well as Holly is now.
There's always a risk when a coach is fired. Waiting until the contract expires is the safe way to go from the administration and budgets standpoint.

The empty Pat Summitt chair on the bench has to go. What new coach will want to look at that during every game.

There's always a risk when a coach is fired. Waiting until the contract expires is the safe way to go from the administration and budgets standpoint.

The empty Pat Summitt chair on the bench has to go. What new coach will want to look at that during every game.
Guess you not being a TN fan you don't know what Pat means to us

Reactions: 7 people
You should probably factor in a buyout for a football coach and men's basketball coach. It's not out of the realm of possibility that one or both could be gone. That might help her out.

Zero chance of a men's basketball coaching change/buyout. Zero.

It would take a losing record for Butch to lose his job, and I don't think that's likely either.

That was for last season only in her memory.

Guess you not being a TN fan you don't know what Pat means to us
I do know, but at some point fans have to let go. If no one wants to do that, then Holly is the best person for the job. If that's not palatable, then the choices will be severely limited.

In another thread, I joked that Sally Jenkins will be the next assistant coach. I said that because of the penchant for nepotism in all that goes on. Candidates only seem acceptable if they have some connection to Tennessee. Fans will forgive shortcomings if the person is from UT. No slack will be given to a hire that is from elsewhere. This would give pause to any foreigner that might consider the job.

Zero chance of a men's basketball coaching change/buyout. Zero.

It would take a losing record for Butch to lose his job, and I don't think that's likely either.

Oy that's disappointing to hear on Barnes. Not a fan. Agree with you on Jones. Thanks for info.

My point was if it was as horrendous as folks day on here, he would've fired HW by now.

Warlick was a terrible choice, not qualified, has been over her head from the beginning. Poor communications skills, not the brightest bulb in coaching by a long shot. But as a member of her family (yes?), I don't expect you to get the disarray into which the program has fallen. Two embarrassing blowout losses in the elite 8, a fallout with the recruiting coordinator followed by a recruiting year with ZERO recruits, effectively--unheard of; 26 losses over the last two years and seeds of 5 and 7 in the SEC tournament; three player departures this off-season, plus a coach....haven't even reached the Final Four in 10 years...and meantime our once biggest rival roars along. Yea, why WOULD fans be negative--it's all going so well!

Warlick was a terrible choice, not qualified, has been over her head from the beginning. Poor communications skills, not the brightest bulb in coaching by a long shot. But as a member of her family (yes?), I don't expect you to get the disarray into which the program has fallen. Two embarrassing blowout losses in the elite 8, a fallout with the recruiting coordinator followed by a recruiting year with ZERO recruits, effectively--unheard of; 26 losses over the last two years and seeds of 5 and 7 in the SEC tournament; three player departures this off-season, plus a coach....haven't even reached the Final Four in 10 years...and meantime our once biggest rival roars along. Yea, why WOULD fans be negative--it's all going so well!

If it becomes available, who would you like to see as candidates for the head coaching position ?

I do know, but at some point fans have to let go. If no one wants to do that, then Holly is the best person for the job. If that's not palatable, then the choices will be severely limited.

In another thread, I joked that Sally Jenkins will be the next assistant coach. I said that because of the penchant for nepotism in all that goes on. Candidates only seem acceptable if they have some connection to Tennessee. Fans will forgive shortcomings if the person is from UT. No slack will be given to a hire that is from elsewhere. This would give pause to any foreigner that might consider the job.

Dean, Sharrona and Jolette had zero connections outside of good graces with the Tennessee program prior to becoming Assistants. Dean and Sharrona remain obviously but considering that all three assistant positions last year were not filled by someone in the Tennessee family I don't see why it is automatically assumed that will be the case with the new hire.

There are a few former Lady Vols worth taking a look at. Tasha Butts and Alex Simmons for example. However, last year no one expected Reaves to be the choice so clearly the search will expand far beyond Tennessee alumni.

And I hope that the Lady Vol program does whatever the hell it wants to regarding how they honor Pat and zero flips will be given if any outsiders thinks it is a problem.

Reactions: 6 people

Experiment time : did you miss the Tamika Catchings thread? Why don't you go post something positive in that section ? Or would that cause your head to spontaneously combust? I'm just curious to see how this experiment turns out 🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: 7 people
Dean, Sharrona and Jolette had zero connections outside of good graces with the Tennessee program prior to becoming Assistants. Dean and Sharrona remain obviously but considering that all three assistant positions last year were not filled by someone in the Tennessee family I don't see why it is automatically assumed that will be the case with the new hire.

There are a few former Lady Vols worth taking a look at. Tasha Butts and Alex Simmons for example. However, last year no one expected Reaves to be the choice so clearly the search will expand far beyond Tennessee alumni.

And I hope that the Lady Vol program does whatever the hell it wants to regarding how they honor Pat and zero flips will be given if any outsiders thinks it is a problem.

Like +10000000000000000... I think the poster said SOME TN connection. Joelette had no connection to TN ... I guess they are speaking Sharrona being from TN?!? Also, Dean was an assistant with the TN men's bball squad. None of them had direct Lady Vol connections but In some sort of the sense had OVERALL TN connections except Law.

Great post - especially the last part!

I wish I could give you more than one like on this! It always amazes me how some people think anything they say is important, or even interesting.

I would say I hope LV fans don't go to the dogpound and post trash.....but I know they don't. Only sycophants and fans ever post there, with a very few very cautious, carefully worded "others". Personally I don't blame them; some of the trolls on here I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Reactions: 2 people
Experiment time : did you miss the Tamika Catchings thread? Why don't you go post something positive in that section ? Or would that cause your head to spontaneously combust? I'm just curious to see how this experiment turns out 🤔🤔🤔

VERY well said👍👍.

I think CPS statement (really her dad) of, "You don't bring a donkey to the Kentucky Derby" can also be applied our coaching staff void. To me, it's not about selecting the next asst. coach based on if they played for Pat or not, it's selecting the right person to get the job done and more.

VN Store

Back