Well Here is the Reason Te'a Cooper left the program.

It may not feel good but you don't think Geno's replacements or even Muffet's, Mulkeys, Brenda's, Tara's replacement will go through the same expectation? They will be compared to the greatest when they are replaced for whatever reason? Think about Coach K at Duke... if he was lost due to illness and Duke wanted to honor him permanently the replacement probably would not have to have a problem with it or being compared to it. It is just a natural thing because they are replacing one of the greats! I agree with nothing being given and everything being earned because that is what the great ones teach you don't expect for anyone to hand you something you go and take it! Pat is gone doesn't mean you ever forget her. You take the values and principals that made the team and continue on while also implementing your own things into the program. The reason Roy Williams doesn't get compared to Dean Smith at UNC is because he wins. Winnning cures a lot of things. But if you listen to interviews Dean Smith is still brought up and things are asked like what would he do or think or how wouldnDean Smith be proud of etc.... just something that is never going to go away. Shoot they compare commentators when they are lost to illness !
I don't think the fans of the coaches you mentioned will expect their team to just keep rolling along. Perhaps if an assistant is groomed properly, it might be possible, but not probable. Having said that, you could be right.

One problem for UT is the alumni and fans are more demanding about sports than most schools. Many of the schools in the top 25 WBB ranking don't take WBB very seriously. They seem to have a much wider array of interests. That makes it easier on the staff to make do with coaches that have some bad years.

I think the most likely team to do well post current coach is Stanford because it is so prestigious to attend that school, plus the weather is great. Sort of like Duke. Duke get good players by reputation even though the coach isn't so good.

Uconn after Geno might be the most likely to emulate UT's experience after Pat IMO. Uconn is a good school but doesn't have the cachet of a Stanford. Geno's replacement certainly will not be as talented as he is, and I think the fans realize it. Players come to uconn for Geno, not uconn, same as Pat.

U certainly think more of TC than I do. I don't see it. She is all about herself and dawn staley will have a year to see her in action before she ever hits the court. She and DD have proven what their character is.

I supported TC until the truth came out. Not anymore. I hope she fails miserably at South Carolina. I don't fault her for not performing up to expectations as a freshman, but it's obvious that she's severely lacking in character. That kind of behavior has no place in this program and she should be gone.

Reactions: 6 people
That this is a Tennessee board is obvious, but why announce it? I don't think he/she meant, "we are Tennessee because we are Tennessee." There must be some other reason for saying that.

It means accepting the mediocrity you are trying to force the rest of us to digest is unacceptable. When Holly took over, I trusted her to maintain and restore the program to the level Pat Summitt set the bar for. Did Pat have years she struggled? Yes, but it was due to player injuries or a few players not quite as talented as she hoped.

If you have ever been up to where Pat lived, you would have seen the apartments where the Lady Vols lived, just so Pat could be there for them. The walk from any player's front door to Pat's was maybe a 60 yard walk. I don't know if the NCAA finally wrote a rule against that, but if so, maybe it is a disadvantage she hasn't overcome yet.

But I and any other TRUE Tennessee fan does not set expectations by the opinions of people with allegiances to other programs. And trying to suggest that is far more sorely insulting than anything I have ever said in jest or in crude sincerity. I respect Holly as a former player and as Pat's long time assistant and friend. But as a head coach, the results we have seen would be much improved if she had the qualities Pat had to lead our team. And I have felt the main reason she is still the coach is Pat's well being might have been compromised had she been aware of the firing. Sadly, that is no longer of any concern.

And with the recent developments, I find it hard to believe she can lead these new recruits. I really hope she proves me wrong, in fact I would dare her to if I were talking to her. But that is what I meant by We are Tennessee, something most every poster here but you understood.

Now, do I need to anything else like why the sky is blue, grass is green, and manure stinks? Sorry, I didn't take you to raise.

Reactions: 3 people
It means accepting the mediocrity you are trying to force the rest of us to digest is unacceptable. When Holly took over, I trusted her to maintain and restore the program to the level Pat Summitt set the bar for. Did Pat have years she struggled? Yes, but it was due to player injuries or a few players not quite as talented as she hoped.

If you have ever been up to where Pat lived, you would have seen the apartments where the Lady Vols lived, just so Pat could be there for them. The walk from any player's front door to Pat's was maybe a 60 yard walk. I don't know if the NCAA finally wrote a rule against that, but if so, maybe it is a disadvantage she hasn't overcome yet.

But I and any other TRUE Tennessee fan does not set expectations by the opinions of people with allegiances to other programs. And trying to suggest that is far more sorely insulting than anything I have ever said in jest or in crude sincerity. I respect Holly as a former player and as Pat's long time assistant and friend. But as a head coach, the results we have seen would be much improved if she had the qualities Pat had to lead our team. And I have felt the main reason she is still the coach is Pat's well being might have been compromised had she been aware of the firing. Sadly, that is no longer of any concern.

And with the recent developments, I find it hard to believe she can lead these new recruits. I really hope she proves me wrong, in fact I would dare her to if I were talking to her. But that is what I meant by We are Tennessee, something most every poster here but you understood.

Now, do I need to anything else like why the sky is blue, grass is green, and manure stinks? Sorry, I didn't take you to raise.

Oh, TN, in some areas those who don't understand, can't understand. If you want another one, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You're putting up a good fight, but you are wasted on your opponent.

I know Holly has disappointed you, but keep hoping she turns it around this year. Like many others who support and love CHW, I feel it is this year or over. I truly hope this year is a success...as in good, hard, motivated play by all of our LADYS.

As Mule would say, Go Lady Vols!

Yeah, I have heard plenty of coaches support her. Many right after they have beaten her. And I give that all the regard it is due. All I know for sure is the recent results have been a far cry from the standard Pat set. And it doesn't matter who's mind is or is not changed. What matters is getting this program back to where it belongs.

Oh, and they have erected Gary Blair statues. They are called yard gnomes.

I laughed at Garden Gnome... but Blair's a genuine person. Not given to flattery. And he won a natty, so he's got perspective.

Housekeeper or Hairdresser? I think I know who the other is.

If Gary Blair is a barber from Clinton or a short order cook at a local waffle house, I will listen to him about the Lady Vols. But if you mean Gary Blair, the head coach at Texas A&M? Pat never needed a rival coach to take up for her. Why should any Tennessee fan give a (insert profanity laced tirade) about what his opinion is?

You finally said three truthful words; Pat earned it. But you are twenty tons of dumb to think what other teams are doing lately is anything any Lady Vols fan should give a damn about. We are Tennessee. To Hell with the other teams.

Oh, that's just crazy talk. No one is seeking Blair's favor, but his opinion is relevant and respected.

I'd be proud to be Holly's Housekeeper. I can scrub a floor. Not too much with hair styling.

It may not feel good but you don't think Geno's replacements or even Muffet's, Mulkeys, Brenda's, Tara's replacement will go through the same . . . !

Depends on the incumbent's aspirations. . . If they never expected or aspired to be a head coach, they would not have prepared for the task...

Thus,,,

Reactions: 2 people
We don't agree on some things, SO, but we do on TC... and I am not speaking of her playing ability, but her character. She and DD are lacking in this department.

And another thing... P4L is underestimating Jaime. Just because she doesn't post videos of herself prissing around, squealing, and acting like a freakshow on social media does not mean she can't dish out an ass-whippin'. She is much tougher than you think, P4L. I'm not saying she did or she didn't, but I personally hope she ripped every last shred of that weave out of TC's head.

Peace out.... ✌🏻Go Lady Vols! 💙🍊🏀

Exactly!! I agree 100%. T'ea's social media makes Kim kardashian look like a choir girl.

Reactions: 1 person

Could've saved yourself 300 words and wrote "FAHR HOLLY!"

Reactions: 4 people
Could Alexa change her mind? On the bigger point, many male conferences have the rule that if you transfer in conference you cannot get an athletic scholarship.There have been players returning to their home states, which is fine, but no scholarship if it's a Big Ten team, for instance So they go to smaller schools and flourish

Could Alexa change her mind? On the bigger point, many male conferences have the rule that if you transfer in conference you cannot get an athletic scholarship.There have been players returning to their home states, which is fine, but no scholarship if it's a Big Ten team, for instance So they go to smaller schools and flourish

She has already transferred to Iowa State.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back