Well Here is the Reason Te'a Cooper left the program.

My opinion in mine. yours may differ.

I have no interest in her if she isn't playing for UT.

Ok. Fine, But no need to be a jerk and say "Alexa who?" She gave her all and just so we're clear, she felt she had no choice but to leave. If the recent departure of someone had happened three months prior, she would still be there.

Now you go ahead and make unnecessary snarky comments about Alexa, but just know I'm gonna put you on blast when you do. She doesn't deserve it.

Reactions: 3 people
My opinion in mine. yours may differ.

I have no interest in her if she isn't playing for UT.

It's such a healthy attitude think of student athletes as commodities that only exist for your entertainment rather than the human beings that they actually are.

Alexa is a real, live, human being who dreamed of playing for Tennessee her entire life. She got to live out that Lady Vol dream for three years, she felt it necessary to continue her career somewhere else. Not because of the school that she loved, but circumstances were what they were. I think it's important that you remember the basketball is something these girls do, but it's not their whole life. Sometimes there are circumstances outside the sport that make them want to go to school somewhere else.

Like you said, you're entitled to your opinion. I just think it's disgusting to think of these people as commodities that only exist for your entertainment.

Reactions: 7 people
It's such a healthy attitude think of student athletes as commodities that only exist for your entertainment rather than the human beings that they actually are.

Alexa is a real, live, human being who dreamed of playing for Tennessee her entire life. She got to live out that Lady Vol dream for three years, she felt it necessary to continue her career somewhere else. Not because of the school that she loved, but circumstances were what they were...

I hope she has the wisdom beyond her years and the equanimity not to be overcome with regret at not being able to stay at her dream school. She deserves better than the situation she found herself in.

I left a good job of 15 years because I got my feelings hurt. Left Texas and went to NJ for another job, >$, and closer to where future Wifey was. Biggest mistake I ever made, imho.

Had to work twice as hard, more hours spent on the road for a company full of crooks & liars.

I should have stayed in Texas and sucked up my bottom lip and sent Wifey a plane ticket when she finished college.

Reactions: 6 people
How was she ran out of her senior year? She chose to leave.

The entirety of the situation has not been made public. For now, you'll just have to judge the situation from what you should have noted from the actions of players involved over their time playing college ball.

I left a good job of 15 years because I got my feelings hurt. Left Texas and went to NJ for another job, >$, and closer to where future Wifey was. Biggest mistake I ever made, imho.

Had to work twice as hard, more hours spent on the road for a company full of crooks & liars.

I should have stayed in Texas and sucked up my bottom lip and sent Wifey a plane ticket when she finished college.

That's YOUR life lesson, gule. It doesn't apply equally to every situation.

The part I've appreciated about your opinion on this is that you deal a good dose of blame to those I truly believe are at fault...but everyone doesn't deserve the same blame.

Reactions: 2 people
That's YOUR life lesson, gule. It doesn't apply equally to every situation.

The part I've appreciated about your opinion on this is that you deal a good dose of blame to those I truly believe are at fault...but everyone doesn't deserve the same blame.

Ditto. And it really was not hard to figure out if you are a social media stalker like me (joking) and paid attention to the timeline of things happening. 😁

Last edited:
trouble is, I was 38 years old and let emotion/disrespect rule my actions.

I can see how hard that would be for a 20 year old to combat.

Reactions: 1 person
nope, Middleton's feelings were hurt, she left..

same damn thing..

cut her nose off to spite her face.

She'll regret it in time.

GULE KNOWS ALL

same damn thing..

GULE KNOWS ALL

Gule does not know about this.

FYI - AM has moved on. She has accepted what is and is happy and excited about her future.

same damn thing..

GULE KNOWS ALL

It had nothing to do with her feelings.

Again, basketball is part of these kids life, it is not their entire life. Sometimes there are circumstances beyond the court that affect them on the court. Sometimes decisions are made that are perceived by fans as being all about basketball or their chosen sport, when in reality that's not the main part of their decision. It certainly played a role, but wasn't everything.

Reactions: 2 people
It had nothing to do with her feelings.

Again, basketball is part of these kids life, it is not their entire life. Sometimes there are circumstances beyond the court that affect them on the court. Sometimes decisions are made that are perceived by fans as being all about basketball or their chosen sport, when in reality that's not the main part of their decision. It certainly played a role, but wasn't everything.

You can say it over & over but folks are stubborn to hang on to their misconceptions.

VN Store

Back