Shy Tuttle injury

Because he is a total goofball.

Players on the football teams get in fights - it happens. But Jones always wants to control the message to the nth degree. He tries way to prevent negative messages or inferences but he just can't stop himself.

A normal coach would have given a no comment or said as Butch started to say that it is an emotional game and sometimes tempers flare and that the matter is a team issue and will be handled internally.

Perfectly said Patrick. Unfortunately, Sgt Carter just can't help himself. Has no concept of not digging the hole deeper.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm pretty sure both guys were pissed. I'm also sure most likely neither intended to do long term damage to the other person but just intended to wipe the other guys ass. Haynesworth once ripped a metal fence post out of the ground and had to be restrained from going after someone. Tempers flare especially when a team is under pressure. Coaches look bad, players look bad. I'm not sure whether Butch has lost the team or not but I am sure that this team isn't focused right now like it should be.

I generally agree with you, but a couple notes:
1) Haynesworth is not an example of a reasonable and ordinary temper. Dude's a lunatic when he gets all het up.
2) I really don't know what to make of the phrase "wipe the other guy's ass" in that context. But I'm happy to leave it alone and move on.

Reactions: 4 people
Latest rumor I saw had Robertson and Tuttle getting into it with Jason having a concussion and Shy's eye. Explains why both were held out of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Latest rumor I saw had Robertson and Tuttle getting into it with Jason having a concussion and Shy's eye. Explains why both were held out of the game.

I heard the same long before the Warrior stuff started coming out.

Who knows. :dunno:

I'm new to the MC program...a program that seems to be doing fairly well and winning conference championships under this coach. He's done nothing over, let's say...the last 5 years, to make me doubt him. That's the difference in the scenarios you are trying to make light of.

But thanks for the well wishes for my son.

Hayes is only in his 3rd-Season as HC. He inherited a very talented program & coaching staff from Rader & Brumett. I wish him the best, but we will see where he goes from here.

Tuttle 308 lbs
Warrior 194 lbs
Hmmmm.....

People should really quit being so amazed about this. Shy is no less a man for it. Nigel Warrior has a safety's physique, which is very similar to an optimal fighters physique. Shy has a defensive tackles physique, and must keep his weight and mass up, and thats great for DT and sumo, but disadvantaged for fighting. How many boxers, mma fighters look like nigel???? How many look like Shy???? Its really as simple as that. Being big (overweight) is a pretty big obstacle when it comes to throwing hands and utilizing footwork necesary to whoop ass. If i saw the two square off, if i didnt even know em, im putting money on NW all day long.

Reactions: 1 person
Saddest thing is we've waited two damn years for Shy to be healthy. Hes rehabbed and took care of himself like a champ, twice beating most projections based on medical knowledge, advice and compared to similar injuries. Hes busted his ass to play for the vols.

He plays one freaking game against Florida, and played well, and then a teammate, a f$#*king teammate!?! injures him, apparently cause he cant take constructive criticism from an upperclassman.

It just plain sucks.

Reactions: 6 people
Hayes is only in his 3rd-Season as HC. He inherited a very talented program & coaching staff from Rader & Brumett. I wish him the best, but we will see where he goes from here.

3 years...thanks for the correction. That actually makes my point more succinct. I gave the UT Coach about that period of time, without anything like the level of success Hayes has had, before jumping off the ship and "questioning" him.

Maybe Hayes was the coach MC needed to get to the next level. We should be so lucky.

That looks career threatening.........should definatly be assault charges on that. Who was that feller that took a flag to the eye and never was the same?

VN Store

Back