Brohm May Be Running at Tennessee

Catching a head coach from Purdue is certainly not a step down, this guy is a winner. We need someone to run an offense driven machine, Brohm is the man! Quarterback at Louisville under Petrino, did a fabulous job at Western Kentucky (obviously a C-USA program) and now off to the races at Purdue that has been abysmal for years in the Big 10,12 (whatever they are?!?). Brohm is not an unknown quantity!

Think he was a QB at Louisville under Howard Scnellenberger Werger. He was one of the victims of Smith and Mims that year.

Catching a head coach from Purdue is certainly not a step down, this guy is a winner. We need someone to run an offense driven machine, Brohm is the man! Quarterback at Louisville under Petrino, did a fabulous job at Western Kentucky (obviously a C-USA program) and now off to the races at Purdue that has been abysmal for years in the Big 10,12 (whatever they are?!?). Brohm is not an unknown quantity!

I believe his record this year is 3 and 3. Same as Butch.

Reactions: 1 person
Would rather roll the dice on Tee Martin than go this route. Brohm is Butch 2.0.

i don't think that's necessarily accurate. i have no way to disprove it mind you.

but that's kind of where we are...any "next coach" not named Kelly, gruden etc...is going to be viewed as the next butch/dooley, until proven otherwise, by some segment of the fanbase.

i don't think that's necessarily accurate. i have no way to disprove it mind you.

but that's kind of where we are...any "next coach" not named Kelly, gruden etc...is going to be viewed as the next butch/dooley, until proven otherwise, by some segment of the fanbase.

Absolutely, there’s no way Currie comes out of this looking good unless it’s a huge name hire.

Reactions: 3 people
Hard pass

we want 3-3 footbsll coaches that have not proven anything?

Worse resume thsn butch jones when he came

only thing he has are a few moral victories

Reactions: 4 people
Brohm is nothing like the hiring of Butch and Dooley. He runs a much better offense, was groomed by Petrino, as was his brother who is OC. Dooley was a clown from the start, and Butch just refuses to allow any changes to the offense. There is no creativity. He gets a lead and plays not to lose. And his own stubbornness had led to his downfall.

Reactions: 3 people
Absolutely, there’s no way Currie comes out of this looking good unless it’s a huge name hire.

....or he guesses right. i don't envy what he has to do, as far as choosing the next guy.

aside from those 2-3 "names" everyone will recognize....there's not a lot he can do that will really get everyone excited.

he hires Scott frost, some will be happy, some will be WTF???

hire Brohm...same...petrino...same...........pick a name.....same.

Reactions: 2 people

Yeah. Probably so. AD need to do some serious fan service with this hire.

....or he guesses right. i don't envy what he has to do, as far as choosing the next guy.

aside from those 2-3 "names" everyone will recognize....there's not a lot he can do that will really get everyone excited.

I agree.

Yep I bet there's not one coach out there that would make 80% of the Vol fans happy about the hire. Sans Saban.

I wouldnt necessarily write of Brohm. His style of offense would fit in well here IMHO. Keep Shoop to run tje defense and you might get a really powerful combination. But as may have said, he could turn into Butch 2.0. I think the key to this process will be to throw extra up front money at a coach to balance out a more realistic buyout clause. Find a coach who believes in himself that he doesnt feel tje need for security in the event of failure. Pay someone so much money that they will come in strictly on their merit.

Through 6 games he's proving himself. Purdue has been just awful the past five years. Now all of a sudden they are 3-3 and played Louisville and Wisconsin close, and was respectable against Michigan, even leading at halftime before Harbaugh scored two 4th TDs to put it away 28-10. I see him as the next Herman honestly.

Reactions: 2 people
Through 6 games he's proving himself. Purdue has been just awful the past five years. Now all of a sudden they are 3-3 and played Louisville and Wisconsin close, and was respectable against Michigan, even leading at halftime before Harbaugh scored two 4th TDs to put it away 28-10. I see him as the next Herman honestly.

Key word, proving. Not proven. Big difference.

I think Brohm would be a solid hire, one thing we keep talking about is player development especially on the QB front and this guy can coach QBs. The biggest issue is I feel he would bolt for Louisville if given the opportunity. That's my concern with Scott Frost as well, if Nebraska comes calling would he jump???

This being said, I don't think we require a Tennessee guy. Everyone talks Tee but they have the best pro-ready QB in the country and he reminds me of Christian Hackenburg, loves to give the ball to the other team. This will probably be the biggest hire in the history of this program. Some coach will come in with talent galore, this opportunity can't be wasted on another Butch Jones

He plays a great brand of high energy football, VOL fans would love him.

Gruden talk is almost embarrassing, he is not going anywhere unless he is crazy!

Does he know how to run the power I? If not, forget it.

VN Store

Back