Brohm May Be Running at Tennessee

Would rather roll the dice on Tee Martin than go this route. Brohm is Butch 2.0.

While I'm not saying one game equates to a pattern, it will definitely be interesting to see how we fare against Mizzou. Brohm destroyed them on the road. I think it will at least give us a data point to compare the two by.

Disclaimer: I do not think beating Mizzou is a hallmark by which we should judge prospective coaches.

Reactions: 2 people
Brohm is nothing like the hiring of Butch and Dooley. He runs a much better offense, was groomed by Petrino, as was his brother who is OC. Dooley was a clown from the start, and Butch just refuses to allow any changes to the offense. There is no creativity. He gets a lead and plays not to lose. And his own stubbornness had led to his downfall.

Contract has some high dollar numbers that make me think we would not spend the kind of money we would have to if we wanted to even hire him. His buy out is hire and his salary is close to 4 million.

Brohm intrigues me as a possibility but to me he's a coach that we take if we miss on first tier coaches. His buyout and contract would likely cost like he is an elite coach as well.

Brohm intrigues me as a possibility but to me he's a coach that we take if we miss on first tier coaches. His buyout and contract would likely cost like he is an elite coach as well.

That's where I'm at. I respect him and think he has a bright future... For those wondering - His buyout is currently $5M, but will be $4M after December 5.

Tee Martin =Dooley 2.0

at lease Brohm is a HC,not just an OC.you'll puting to much in Tee just because he was a QB here.
Actually, I'm not big on Tee. I just don't want to bring some guy in here based on what he did at a mid-major. That's what got us where we are now. The schemes that can win games in the group of 5 will not necessarily win championships in P5 conferences. We also need national recruiting exposure because we're getting creamed in out own backyard by nationally prominent programs.

While I'm not saying one game equates to a pattern, it will definitely be interesting to see how we fare against Mizzou. Brohm destroyed them on the road. I think it will at least give us a data point to compare the two by.

Disclaimer: I do not think beating Mizzou is a hallmark by which we should judge prospective coaches.
It also seems that Missouri is doing what most teams that have even moderately competent coaching staffs do, which is improve throughout the season.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, I'm not big on Tee. I just don't want to bring some guy in here based on what he did at a mid-major. That's what got us where we are now. The schemes that can win games in the group of 5 will not necessarily win championships in P5 conferences. We also need national recruiting exposure because we're getting creamed in out own backyard by nationally prominent programs.

No we re not. We're getting creamed because we aren't retaining and developing the talent we re bringing in. Yes we need to be able to recruit at a high level, but once word gets out that a competent developer of talent is in charge the recruiting will take care of itself. Brohm is definitely an intriguing name.

Gotta aim higher than Brohm if you are Currie. If UT hires Brohm it means we missed on upper tier coaches.

Gotta aim higher than Brohm if you are Currie. If UT hires Brohm it means we missed on upper tier coaches.

Like how Florida had to settle for Meyer after Stoops, and Shanahan said no? Or how Saban was Bamas 2-3 choice? Sometimes these things work out if you don't panic and hire a part time athletic director from La Tech with a losing record.

The guy is 3-3 at Purdue...What exactly is appealing about him?...He is more than likely going to have a losing record at Purdue this year...I don't get it

The guy is 3-3 at Purdue...What exactly is appealing about him?...He is more than likely going to have a losing record at Purdue this year...I don't get it

Have you read either thread, or the article linked in the OP, or Brohm's wiki page?

Like how Florida had to settle for Meyer after Stoops, and Shanahan said no? Or how Saban was Bamas 2-3 choice? Sometimes these things work out if you don't panic and hire a part time athletic director from La Tech with a losing record.

Look Brohm may turn out to be great but comparing him to Meyer, Stoops, Shanahan, or Saban is ridiculous. Meyer went 12-0 in 2004 winning a Fiesta bowl the year before Florida hired him, Saban was a proven winner at LSU with a ring on his finger, Stoops had a NATTY as well and Shanahan had two super bowl rings. Brohm is currently 3-3 at PURDUE!

If and when UT makes a change, UT needs to attempt to hire a big time proven winner before a guy like Brohm.

1307559619452.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Look Brohm may turn out to be great but comparing him to Meyer, Stoops, Shanahan, or Saban is ridiculous. Meyer went 12-0 in 2004 winning a Fiesta bowl the year before Florida hired him, Saban was a proven winner at LSU with a ring on his finger, Stoops had a NATTY as well and Shanahan had two super bowl rings. Brohm is currently 3-3 at PURDUE!

If and when UT makes a change, UT needs to attempt to hire a big time proven winner before a guy like Brohm.

I love how people are pointing to 3-3 at Purdue like that's a bad thing. Would you consider him a better coach if he were 3-3 at Ohio State?

If you don't like him, fine... but at least take some time to consider what he's been asked to do before criticizing his record. Soooo many posters on here don't understand context.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back