Official Jon Gruden Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They get negotiated all the time from the original. Most are put together assuming you don't get fired or resign with multiple games left on the schedule. Plus years removed can change the opinions of the original agreement.

Essentially Jones is trying to get as much of his buyout as he can get without having his coaching rep further dirtied up by losing to more SEC doormats.

He could also agree to leave for a smaller lump sum payment rather than getting multiple smaller payments over years. I'm not sure but if another school hires him do they have to pay his remaining buyout? If so, that would be incentive enough for him to take a reduced buyout because who would pay 8 mil for him now.

My thought is, maybe the AD wants something that’s contrary what is already written into the contract. The AD then might go to Butch and his agents and ask for that thing, while giving up something that Butch wants like shorter pay terms, etc.

Very possible and that can work both ways.

They both know it's over. It's down to making the best deal and both are trying to take care of themselves.

Reactions: 1 person
Text me, screen shot it, mark out your name, post it on volnation with my number left on there. prove the colors are that way on your phone.

I am sacrificing my number for those on volnation. It is what the great gruden would want

You should go ahead and take that down right now.

Reactions: 2 people
He could also agree to leave for a smaller lump sum payment rather than getting multiple smaller payments over years. I'm not sure but if another school hires him do they have to pay his remaining buyout? If so, that would be incentive enough for him to take a reduced buyout because who would pay 8 mil for him now.

As it stands they UT would pay the difference of the buyout total less what his new employer is paying him.

As it stands.

Text me, screen shot it, mark out your name, post it on volnation with my number left on there. prove the colors are that way on your phone.

I am sacrificing my number for those on volnation. It is what the great gruden would want

865-280-0226

Attachments

• giphy-3.gif
    giphy-3.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 724
Reactions: 9 people

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry to put the nail in the Boro’ / DTO coffin thing, but the Recruiting Forum guys have been laughing at us for taking their “reports” to heart.

Apparently they did this last time.

Well the other day I questioned them on how shady the whole thing was with:

Boro: “Tell EB4H everything DTO (wink wink)”

DTO: “I told him everything”

EB4H: “He told me everything!”

....... it looked shady to me. So I went back in the 2012 Gruden threads, they were pulling the same stuff then. Sad day.

Attachments

• 7A7A991A-D0EC-4B75-8689-D985628E180B.jpg
    7A7A991A-D0EC-4B75-8689-D985628E180B.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: 19 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back