Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I caught up. Let me say I was here in 2012. Here we are in 2017 again. I have to believe that things have been thought out well before now. No doubt things can always come up. I just feel the money is there and the time is right. I have no doubt Gruden can find the staff he wants, I am confident that if he wants some Tennessee people on this staff he can make that happen. I just don't see it getting this far this time and it not happening, of course it could but this time I am more confident that it will happen. I think in his heart of hearts he really wants to do this or we wouldn't be here now. I have followed UT ever since I was old enough to understand what I was watching. I fell in love immediately. I will always be VOL. In closing I will say never have I wanted a coach so bad, I just have no doubt in my mind that everyone will be glad it happened if and when it does! I BELIEVE!!!!! SOON!!!!! Gruden to the HILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Now your just reaching because you don’t have a clue what your talking about.

I don't know what I'm talking about? You're the one saying Mullen would magically win more, and recruit better here! I get UT is a better job, but come on. You think he is 3-4 wins a year better here?

I don't know what I'm talking about? You're the one saying Mullen would magically win more, and recruit better here! I get UT is a better job, but come on. You think he is 3-4 wins a year better here?

Like someone said earlier, I think he would be like Richt at UGA.

Would give us a taste, get us winning and thinking we’re gonna be in contention one year then possibly flop the next. No one is saying we want him here, just stating he’s now that awful as a coach as you’re making him to be. Considering the circumstances he has at State he’s doing a good job, but he can stay there. Do not want.

BUT if Gruden/Patterson/Frost/Insert any other big name coach says no, Mullen would be a better hire than Norvell, Fleck, Brohm and a few other names I’ve seen thrown out there.

Reactions: 2 people

Absolutely.

You clearly don’t understand all that goes into being able to recruit.

Resources
Budget
Facilities
Etc

State fails in all those areas while Tennessee has one of the top weight rooms, the biggest budget, and even more resources.

It’s fine if you don’t like the guy but he’s not the bottom of the barrel by any means

Geez how connected are you coasty?! I thought you were a no name joe like me...i am clearly wrong...although i DID live in Gibbs the year Eric Berry was a freshman (2007-2008 school year). That’s as close as i get to being connected

i dated a guy who was an RA in Gibbs, um, a few years ago! :dance2:

dumb..

who are these winners at programs in the bottom third of their leagues historically(and state is prob ahead of maybe 2-3 teams in sec) that are killing it in recruiting?

He makes almost 5 million per year now. You want to pay him 6-7 million? That's NC winner $$. Not sub .500 conference record $$.

Like someone said earlier, I think he would be like Richt at UGA.

Would give us a taste, get us winning and thinking we’re gonna be in contention one year then possibly flop the next. No one is saying we want him here, just stating he’s now that awful as a coach as you’re making him to be. Considering the circumstances he has at State he’s doing a good job, but he can stay there. Do not want.

BUT if Gruden/Patterson/Frost/Insert any other big name coach says no, Mullen would be a better hire than Norvell, Fleck, Brohm and a few other names I’ve seen thrown out there.

Truth

Reactions: 1 person
He makes almost 5 million per year now. You want to pay him 6-7 million? That's NC winner $$. Not sub .500 conference record $$.

You do know he was the mastermind behind UFs two National Championship teams offense right? Urban gave him full reigns to run his own offense. Florida was unstoppable with him running that offense.

You’re missing the big picture here.

I will be in Tallahassee Thursday for work.

I have a new buyer down in that area so I'm down there at least once a month, there and Jacksonville.

Actually my buyer is adout an hour west of Tallahassee, but when I leave him I drive down I10 to Jax. I like the gulf side much better.

If I get this business up and running the way I want it then we may settle somewhere on that side of the state. Haven't decided yet.

Absolutely.

You clearly don’t understand all that goes into being able to recruit.

Resources
Budget
Facilities
Etc

State fails in all those areas while Tennessee has one of the top weight rooms, the biggest budget, and even more resources.

It’s fine if you don’t like the guy but he’s not the bottom of the barrel by any means

Its not that I don't like him. I just don't want a loser at my school! You may be right, and he could turn it around here. I just don't see it. Dools did try to recruit here, and didn't do a good job. I think Mullen would fall on his face here. We are not St. 7-8 wins here is unacceptable!

there is so much dumb here sometimes it is hard to know where to start...why would he need to be 3-4 wins better a yr? If he is an 8 wins a yr guy at state, 1-2 wins more a yr means he is averaging 9-10 wins a yr here. That would be succeeding, and is a reasonable expectation if not a certainty.

3-4 more wins a yr here? How does that make sense?

You do know he was the mastermind behind UFs two National Championship teams offense right? Urban gave him full reigns to run his own offense. Florida was unstoppable with him running that offense.

You’re missing the big picture here.

Holy cow! Yea that was his offense that won! Couldn't have been Tebow? You Miss the big picture! NOT ME!

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back