WIth rumors on Chip Kelly

If we're scraping the bottom of the barrel i'd go with Kiffin.. I think the coach has been basically hired for a while now. Just a matter of when to announce.

Chip Kelly was never coming here and i doubt Tennessee did anything other than gauge his interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
So Currie made an offer to Chip Kelly? Chip Kelly considers offers from Florida, UCLA, turns down Tennessee

Personally, I don't believe he did. Rather, UT may have made an inquiry but I doubt it was serious.

The musical chairs will start soon. I'm not sure UT will get any of it's preferred candidates. There are too many competing schools.

UCLA just fired Mora. I predict Mora to be UT's next coach. He'll be the only one that doesn't say no.

Who's your favorite fallback coach?

TN football program is left in a complete breakdown. Jenning's dismissed from the team. By the way, he only spoke the truth. And what TN did to him is inexcusable and very damaging to our program in so many ways. Who do we have to be held accountable for the school's legacy, no one other than John Currier and the remaining coaching staff. One smokes weed and is out one game, and the other speaks the truth and is dismissed from the team. If I was a top coach I WOULD NOT come to TN. If I was a 4 or 5 star recruit that's committed to TN I would run to another team. And I would do it as fast as I could. Watch out for this because it's coming. Top coaches won't come for there are a lot of reasons for that choice, one being the current state UT football is in. It doesn't matter who they pick. It will be someone way off the radar and they will have this same conversation in 4 years. Sad very sad that money can not buy you a coach in the top tier...

For all the Kiffin-haters, I wonder ... how would you feel if UT did hire Kiffin and won 10 SEC championships and 4 NC's?

Winning is fun.

Of course, there's always Butch.

Kiffin would take 25 years to win 10 conference championships once you account for all of the sanctions he would have us under.

Reactions: 2 people
Where did I say we were out of options? How about you take a course in reading comprehension before making a snotty comment?

What I did say was that there are a lot of schools competing for a new coach. Some news outlets claim (which I don't believe) that UT made an offer. So, we're entering a phase where schools will be hustling each other and UT risks being left at the altar.

Do I think UF will land a major coach? Yes. Texas A&M? Yes. UT? Maybe ... but I think it may be later rather than sooner.

So, IF the best prospects are taken .. who is the fall back choice? That was my question.

Good luck graduating from high school.

Because we didn't off chip, so your whole thread is due to lack of research. No one has turned us down, we are not left picking thru remain. How about you not listen to Jimmy Hyams and other homer newspapers and realize the guy that ran this lie has backed off his claims. Good luck with whatever you believe brotato chip. Don't be a pearl clutcher and hand wringer, let it play out.

Last edited:
So Currie made an offer to Chip Kelly? Chip Kelly considers offers from Florida, UCLA, turns down Tennessee

Personally, I don't believe he did. Rather, UT may have made an inquiry but I doubt it was serious.

The musical chairs will start soon. I'm not sure UT will get any of it's preferred candidates. There are too many competing schools.

UCLA just fired Mora. I predict Mora to be UT's next coach. He'll be the only one that doesn't say no.

You're a troll or a joke as a fan. How do you get through life with such optimism?

I sincerely hope we get a coach that has character and is qualified to compete for championships. A Phil Fulmer, Mark Richt quality coach. Don't want retreads that have been discarded by other schools. Please get us the right man this time.

What happen to Gruden?:thud:

Kiffin would take 25 years to win 10 conference championships once you account for all of the sanctions he would have us under.

That’s better than the pace we’re on. Would you take a conference championship every 2-3 years??? The way it’s been here the last 10 years, I would take that all day long

I don't know why people think he would be more successful at Tennessee. But, I do know he would be an upgrade over Butch.

I take it you've never been to Starkville, or MSU's campus. If you honestly think Tennessee is not set up for infinitely more success than Mississippi State, you either have a very low opinion of us or you are completely uninformed regarding MSU.

Can’t win big 12 often?

This a joke right? Just supposed to move from the MWC (which he was extremely successful in) to the Big 12 and start reeling off titles? They are likely going to have double digit winning seasons 3 of the last 4 years. I guess Petersen is overrated because he didn't play in a great conference? Mullen overrated because he can't win the toughest division in the toughest conference, using the worst program in said division? Is Meyer overrated because he is struggling at OSU now? Just go ahead and say it, if his name isn't Nick Saban hes overrated. Just admit it lol

:lolabove::crazy:
Clueless!

He will bash our head in!

gruden-johnson.gif

Because we didn't off chip, so your whole thread is due to lack of research. No one has turned us down, we are not left picking thru remain. How about you not listen to Jimmy Hyams and other homer newspapers and realize the guy that ran this lie has backed off his claims. Good luck with whatever you believe brotato chip. Don't be a pearl clutcher and hand wringer, let it play out.

A report I saw yesterday on a sports network yesterday said Chip Kelly turned UT down.

VN Store

Back