Official Jon Gruden Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I had resigned myself to the notion that this whole booster civil war was BS.
Now I'm beginning to wonder if:
1. The UTAD and boosters are incompetent at a level that is beyond description.
2. This is being played out right before our eyes and currently both sides are willing to burn it to the ground in order to win this thing.

Reactions: 2 people
I have decided to accept the offer to be the Head coach of the University of Tennessee. I have never coached anything above pee wee football but will surround myself with the greatest football minds around, Vol Twitter and Vol Nation.

Send your plays to me and let's make it happen.

Well I can offer my services as OC, I did run the Full House Pistol set as my main set in NCAA Football 14, and not to toot my own horn here, but I did have two 1,000 yard rushers for four years straight.

Reactions: 3 people
Big Jim isn't doing anything- he has dementia. Jimmy is doing it all.... and he's having mental health issues.

I can see that...must be tough on a guy having not one but two teams who have zero wins...and on top of that, facing the possibility of meeting the real Bubba in a striped jumpsuit...maybe if he is nice they will let him where an orange one...maybe some of the creative types can photo-shop an image of that...

I have decided to accept the offer to be the Head coach of the University of Tennessee. I have never coached anything above pee wee football but will surround myself with the greatest football minds around, Vol Twitter and Vol Nation.

Send your plays to me and let's make it happen.

First play:
Spider punch Currie in the throat Banana

Reactions: 6 people

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
What if UT is "interviewing" all these guys to up everyone's salaries? That way when you pay huge $$$$ on your white whale it won't look so bad. Plus, when they do hire the next coach, you know who I'm talking about, ticket prices will have to go up slightly to help pay for renovations, coaches, etc... It's really a brilliant plan. Also that way it won't look like we are paying a lot for the coach in the long run, it will be close to on par with other schools, but we have to pay the extra for the celebrity name.

What if UT is "interviewing" all these guys to up everyone's salaries? That way when you pay huge $$$$ on your white whale it won't look so bad. Plus, when they do hire the next coach, you know who I'm talking about, ticket prices will have to go up slightly to help pay for renovations, coaches, etc... It's really a brilliant plan. Also that way it won't look like we are paying a lot for the coach in the long run, it will be close to on par with other schools, but we have to pay the extra for the celebrity name.

Problem with that is what if one of them says yes?

I think paying too much for a great coach pales in comparison to the absolute ****ery that is going on right now.

Hoke probably even turned us down....

I would if I were him. A guy who's been the head coach at Michigan probably shouldn't say yes to an offer to be a year-long interim coach. If he's the head coach next year, he'll have a multi-year contract and won't be the interim.

I think we all misunderstood. The $380 million renovations to Neyland were not for upgrades. It was to tear it down and push it into the river. We will use the large, empty dirt expanse left behind to play games. Bring a blanket, chair and some sunscreen and enjoy.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back