247 puts Crystal Ball behind Paywall

Dumbassism was left over from the 60's. There was a huge amount created then, still a lot floating around...

The Sixties was actually more of an era of escapism coupled with burgeoning political awareness than anything else: It was largely about a younger generation trying to extricate itself from the social torpor of Fifties America and to come to terms with it's best and brightest being sent off (some never to return) to "kill the yellow man", as Bruce Springsteen so aptly put it. Fueled by sex, drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll, it was a fascinating time to be young, aware, and alive in America. Had I not been there, I'm sure I could remember more about it.

The Sixties was actually more of an era of escapism coupled with burgeoning political awareness than anything else: It was largely about a younger generation trying to extricate itself from the social torpor of Fifties America and to come to terms with it's best and brightest being sent off (some never to return) to "kill the yellow man", as Bruce Springsteen so aptly put it. Fueled by sex, drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll, it was a fascinating time to be young, aware, and alive in America. Had I not been there, I'm sure I could remember more about it.

It was also a fascinating time to be 'young, aware, alive', in RVN

This is definitely not worth paying for...it was a nice little gimmick on their part to drum up clicks but I personally wouldn’t pay a penny for it

The CBs are really about as bad as Zillow's house price estimator anyway. They normally only "become right" after it no longer matters. Once the writing is on the wall, all the CB pickers will change their pick at the last minute (which is why the % accuracy is meaningless.)

Reactions: 1 person
The CBs are really about as bad as Zillow's house price estimator anyway. They normally only "become right" after it no longer matters. Once the writing is on the wall, all the CB pickers will change their pick at the last minute (which is why the % accuracy is meaningless.)

Exactly! It's like changing your gameday picks with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: 1 person
The crystal ball thing is super tacky anyway. Ruining a kids announcement is about all it’s good for.

247 sucks. Their crystal ball feature is a joke as is their composite. They don’t offer anything special really. They just like to pretend like they do.

Tony is going to f'in CUT you.

The crystal ball thing is super tacky anyway. Ruining a kids announcement is about all it’s good for.

247 sucks. Their crystal ball feature is a joke as is their composite. They don’t offer anything special really. They just like to pretend like they do.

Actually their ranking of players at their positions is the best there is out there. And these things that you say you don't like has been free and you don't like it because they seem to be saying that is going to change. If Volnation started doing these things they wouldn't be free anymore either.

Just went to check the Crystal Ball summary and most of the predictions are "VIP to unlock" or something to that effect. Interesting strategy. I feel like this will ultimately drive down traffic to the site for the average fan that isn't willing to pay $10 a month for news that will populate elsewhere within 24 hours.

Simple really....I won't pay a penny and won't be on their site any more or less than I am now.

Actually their ranking of players at their positions is the best there is out there. And these things that you say you don't like has been free and you don't like it because they seem to be saying that is going to change. If Volnation started doing these things they wouldn't be free anymore either.

They don’t even use their own rankings. They default to that stupid broken composite.

I don’t care about their dumb crystal balls. Never paid attention to them.

I tweeted at Shannon the other day and he said "the person who makes the CB pick at the time can decide to VIP lock it or not"

Was 247 purchased by ESPN who wants to charge for everything? If not, they should be. Likely to have its revenue fall like the mothership's has. Good luck with all that.

VN Store

Back