The official "Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum" Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe some of the drive by posters. Some actually saying we could end up being a bubble team. This place gets more miserable with each loss.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't believe some of the drive by posters. Some actually saying we could end up being a bubble team. This place gets more miserable with each loss.

If you think this place is miserable go over to the GQ on TOS. You will want to shoot yourself. Cancelled that subscription last year it has gotten so bad. No moderation. Constant trolling. Everyone is negative and miserable about everything.

It's as predictable as the day is long.

I understand everyone wants a top 3 seed but it’s important to remember that this team was projected to finish 13th in the SEC.

Sometimes it helps to go back and look at everyone’s preseason predictions to gain some perspective.

Based on those everyone on the b-ball forum should be ecstatic. UT is on pace or out pacing all predictions.

I hate to say it, but it's what happens when you have casual basketball fans. They only pay attention when we are winning.

I hate to say it, but it's what happens when you have casual basketball fans. They only pay attention when we are winning.

Yep, this. Anything less than 30-0 is a disappointment to them. And after a loss, Barnes automatically becomes this horrible coach who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper sack. After the next win, those posters either disappear, do a complete 180, or double down on their stupidity.

All of them are completely manic. Way too high when things are good, and way too low when things are down.

Yep, this. Anything less than 30-0 is a disappointment to them. And after a loss, Barnes automatically becomes this horrible coach who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper sack. After the next win, those posters either disappear, do a complete 180, or double down on their stupidity.

All of them are completely manic. Way too high when things are good, and way too low when things are down.

The funniest part of all this is the constant bringing up of the Pearl years and forgetting how much people complained about him during that time; and it most definitely happened, I remember it vividly. People would badmouth him when we would lose and when we would be exited from the SECT or NCAAT people would talk about how he'll never "win the big one" or anything like that.

And they would deny it but again, I witnessed it. The same casual fan doing it now was doing it then, yet now they act like they long for the Pearl years. Yeah sure you do...only you'd turn on him the minute he wasn't perfect.

The funniest part of all this is the constant bringing up of the Pearl years and forgetting how much people complained about him during that time; and it most definitely happened, I remember it vividly. People would badmouth him when we would lose and when we would be exited from the SECT or NCAAT people would talk about how he'll never "win the big one" or anything like that.

And they would deny it but again, I witnessed it. The same casual fan doing it now was doing it then, yet now they act like they long for the Pearl years. Yeah sure you do...only you'd turn on him the minute he wasn't perfect.

I honestly think that the casual b-ball fan doesn’t really understand how the sport works and they compare it to football.

What I mean by that is there are no perfect basketball teams and in most cases (barring massive talent gaps) any team can win on any night. Sometimes one guy can beat you if he gets hot.

In football the parity isn’t as strong. Sure there are the occasional upsets but teams go undefeated in college football all the time, that simply does not happen all too often in basketball, and I don’t think any team has ever gone undefeated and won it all.

Casual fans think that if you lose in b-ball the season is over when in actuality all that matters is you make it to the tourney and it’s almost anyone’s game (minus the 16 seeds).

I understand that seeding is important, as far as, matchups are concerned but it isn’t the be all end all. Just get in and take it one game at a time. You could be a lower seed in a hellish bracket but some of the bigger guys could get knocked out early and clear a path for you.

The point is college b-ball isn’t as cut and dry as many casual fans would like to believe, whereas, college football for the most part is.

I honestly think that the casual b-ball fan doesn’t really understand how the sport works and they compare it to football.

What I mean by that is there are no perfect basketball teams and in most cases (barring massive talent gaps) any team can win on any night. Sometimes one guy can beat you if he gets hot.

In football the parity isn’t as strong. Sure there are the occasional upsets but teams go undefeated in college football all the time, that simply does not happen all too often in basketball, and I don’t think any team has ever gone undefeated and won it all.

Casual fans think that if you lose in b-ball the season is over when in actuality all that matters is you make it to the tourney and it’s almost anyone’s game (minus the 16 seeds).

I understand that seeding is important, as far as, matchups are concerned but it isn’t the be all end all. Just get in and take it one game at a time. You could be a lower seed in a hellish bracket but some of the bigger guys could get knocked out early and clear a path for you.

The point is college b-ball isn’t as cut and dry as many casual fans would like to believe, whereas, college football for the most part is.

It's happened several times. UCLA and Indiana come to mind.

Your casual fan football/basketball mindset is spot on though.

Reactions: 2 people
This team had to learn how to win earlier this season. Now they are going to have to learn to play with a target on their back.

It is usually harder to stay on top than get to the top. If we can finish 3-1 and get a double by, then we can still make some noise. We really need Daniel to give us 10 points a game and we need Bone to hit some shots.

Is Williams hurt? Someone mentioned that he is having problems with back and during game last night he looked like he hurt it.

This team had to learn how to win earlier this season. Now they are going to have to learn to play with a target on their back.

It is usually harder to stay on top than get to the top. If we can finish 3-1 and get a double by, then we can still make some noise. We really need Daniel to give us 10 points a game and we need Bone to hit some shots.

Is Williams hurt? Someone mentioned that he is having problems with back and during game last night he looked like he hurt it.
He did look a bit hurt to me too after a few of those slips like he tweaked something

He was definitely gimpy after the one

Yep, I had a feeling this season might take its toll on him. He’s playing more minutes than anyone on the team by 2 minutes and he’s doing it down low against bigger guys and been drawing a lot of double teams in conference play.

He’s also been to the foul line the most of anyone on the team and more than 3 times more than Admiral who is second on the team in free throw attempts.

I feel Florida is a bad matchup for us. Our help style defense leaves the 3 open a lot if you are disciplined enough to pass the ball around and find it. This Florida team can knock the bottom out of it. We will see though.

Rick Barnes has notoriously hard practices which seems to help early season. But is this approach catching up to the team as the season progresses? We just look a bit tired and uninspired since playing UK.

Rick Barnes has notoriously hard practices which seems to help early season. But is this approach catching up to the team as the season progresses? We just look a bit tired and uninspired since playing UK.

I've wondered the same thing. Our legs seem to be dead later in games.

So does Martin and his teams always seemed to play better at the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back