5* SC PG Josiah James commits to Tennessee

Grunfeld was more sought after than King, but Allan Houston & Vincent Yarbrough were definetly top 5 players. Also don’t forget Kevin O’Neil recruited like his hair was on fire (haha). Only Jerry Green wound up coaching them instead. His teams may have had 5 or 6 top 25 players. (Harris, Slay, Black, Yarbrough, Victor, Wharton, Walker, & Hathaway). Wish he could’ve coached better.

Duke loses out on 2 top recruits. I bet they miss Capel.

Attachments

• tenor (1).gif
    tenor (1).gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
I could have understood losing a recruit to Duke but him going to Clemson wouldn’t have made a whole lot of sense.

There’s not much for them to offer compared to Barnes.

Disagree! Clemson basketball program is on the rise like UT’s. Check last yrs NCAA tournament results. They have a great coaching staff and facilities. Quiet surprised he chose us. I live in Greenville and they been talking about him for over a year. Barnes relationship since middle school is what sealed the deal make no mistake about it. Without that no way we get him.

🍊🍊🍊

Disagree! Clemson basketball program is on the rise like UT’s. Check last yrs NCAA tournament results. They have a great coaching staff and facilities. Quiet surprised he chose us. I live in Greenville and they been talking about him for over a year. Barnes relationship since middle school is what sealed the deal make no mistake about it. Without that no way we get him.

🍊🍊🍊
Clemson basketball has less historical success then Tennessee. Tennessee just won the championship of a better conference (I know those of you that do not know do not understand that). Tennessee has better facilities. More successful coach. And the way Clemson is situated, they have a hard time drawing crowds particularly for mid week games. Their fan base doesn't care about basketball at all. Tennessee went down there last year in that hurricane relief game when Clemson was at full strength and beat them. Not surprised this kid came here instead in the least.

well, alright, alright, alright...hot dang it...nice...now, Coach, work on that 7 foot center for me...:D

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have y’all not seen the modern game of basketball? I’m willing to guess most teams will take a guy who is 6’8-6’9 that can shoot over a 7footer that’s stuck in the paint.

Grunfeld was more sought after than King, but Allan Houston & Vincent Yarbrough were definetly top 5 players. Also don’t forget Kevin O’Neil recruited like his hair was on fire (haha). Only Jerry Green wound up coaching them instead. His teams may have had 5 or 6 top 25 players. (Harris, Slay, Black, Yarbrough, Victor, Wharton, Walker, & Hathaway). Wish he could’ve coached better.
If O'Neil's hair was on fire, it would not have caused much smoke or heat. He had less hair than I do/did. He was a great recruiter; better recruiter than coach.

I was watching film on this guy and he has some other interesting players on his team. Their center looks really good. I think it was 32. Was that his HS team or AAU?
The other guard also looks really good.

I was watching film on this guy and he has some other interesting players on his team. Their center looks really good. I think it was 32. Was that his HS team or AAU?
The other guard also looks really good.

Yeah, I was wondering about them as well, but it is easy to hit a high percentage when you are wide open. Often that was thanks to JJJ's play/passes.

Barnes lands a 5 star talent who has areas that need improvement before the NBA. Might be a 2-3 season building block.

VN Store

Back