My Hats off

Alot vol fans are beat because of the past 10 years and didnt wanna see Bubba U beat up on us again.
Don't worry bama red ain't gon be seen like that again once Pruitt has his guys here.
Not knocking JP, but I've seen "wait until ______ gets his guys" since 2008. When are the guys that belong to coach fill in the blank going to get here? Are they crossing the desert on a journey out of Egypt?

You ain’t a Vol fan if you sell to an opposing fanbase. Simple at that. I understand not going, selling to other Vol fans, ect ect. But you’re literally making it harder on the program when you do this. Looks terrible to see a stadium overan with opposing fans.

I agree with you. However, this is the natural flow when you put a poor declining athletic product on the field for over ten years. I think the good news is we have a guy running the AD that actually gives a %$#@ now and has hired a guy he believes as HC that has a desire to win and is qualified to lead. The sad thing? Up until Fulmer's hiring, the administration of the institution and UTAD were happy to bring in another loser as football HC in Schiano. See all the big time Power 5 HC football offers he has received since then. They not only wnted to bring him in, but pushed him to the point they elicited a national pr campaign to try to shame the long suffering fan base into accepting the guy. The scary thing? Apparently Fulmer is the only thing standing in the way of going back to that way of thinking for UTAD.

Reactions: alaVOL and uvavol
Have to tell you guys I was a little taken back at the start of the game to see so many empty seats. I picked up on this apathy Friday and Saturday during the SEC nation/Finebaum stuff. I get the mass exodus at the start of the 3rd quarter but never would have believed it at the beginning of the game. It was especially weird when you consider you guys just got through upsetting the barn at their place.

Not knocking JP, but I've seen "wait until ______ gets his guys" since 2008. When are the guys that belong to coach fill in the blank going to get here? Are they crossing the desert on a journey out of Egypt?
I think you have to give him this season, next and the one after. If we are mediocre still, then we probably gotta bounce. Pruitt understands that this isnt a normal job, and that expectations are high here

Have to tell you guys I was a little taken back at the start of the game to see so many empty seats. I picked up on this apathy Friday and Saturday during the SEC nation/Finebaum stuff. I get the mass exodus at the start of the 3rd quarter but never would have believed it at the beginning of the game. It was especially weird when you consider you guys just got through upsetting the barn at their place.
There were 97,000+ tickets sold, looked to be 85-88,000 ppl there based off what I saw on TV. But people have sent me pics that were there and it looked fuller. So idk.

That's what happens when your program had its worst season last year and is just not a good team. Plus everyone knew the outcome of this game.

I'm not one for telling people what to do with their tickets. However, I will say this, sitting in the stadium two things stood out to me.....all the EMPTY seats, and the number of Bama fans. For any Vol fan who went, the sight was a sad one really, so try not to give anyone a hard time that's pissed people sold tickets or didn't show up. GBO!

Reactions: ALLVOL 4LIFE
He's going to need whatever steriod Bama is taking with "his guys" or it won't matter then either. That's not just normal coaching and weight training going on down there.

I'm not one for telling people what to do with their tickets. However, I will say this, sitting in the stadium two things stood out to me.....all the EMPTY seats, and the number of Bama fans. For any Vol fan who went, the sight was a sad one really, so try not to give anyone a hard time that's pissed people sold tickets or didn't show up. GBO!

Good comment but you can't have it both ways.

Probably nobody wants my opinion but since everyone here wants to give their's in a nondescript post title, I just wonder a few things:

Why do some people feel they should tell others what to do with their possessions?

Some even admit we should not sell tickets to a non-Vol but freely admit they would buy from a non-Vol.

Some think winning cures all but others make fun of Saban for complaining about the student section not being full.

We have so many things to get right, but many people on this board, after the Bama game, remind me of folks who complaining about paying $100 for the new car smell when buying a $75k vehicle.

It's a message board. Complain if you want to. Even tell us what we should be doing. Just don't expect everyone to bow to your sanctimonious thoughts.

Reactions: NomadVol
As someone who bought tickets and went to the game: these “real fan” posts are ridiculous. Most people list their tickets on websites for re-sale. They don’t know what type of fan is going to buy the ticket. Also, not everyone wants to spend a decent chunk of money to watch a near guaranteed beat down of their favorite team.

If you are such a real fan, buy up all of these aftermarket tickets that you see and give them away to fellow vol fans.
I understand the resale websites and I understand people not going and I haven’t told anyone what to do with their money either, and I also understand the product on the field. But like I have said before, as a Vol fan, I would rather Neyland be completely empty than a bunch of Other fans filling it up. If I could buy all the seats I would give everyone one of them away to Vol fans that wanted to be there regardless of what the predetermined outcome was going to be. I just really wanted to say thanks to the fans that was there and rode it out with their team.

This is a true fan thread. How about UT doesn't provide a terrible product and then people won't want to sell their tickets. It doesn't make you more of a fan to waste big money to go watch your Vols get blown out at home again to Alabama. Last two games against Bama in Neyland have been 107-31 combined score. This is why people sell their tickets, and I personally don't care what somebody else does with their money. You shouldn't either.

The definition of a bandwagon fan.

Good comment but you can't have it both ways.

Probably nobody wants my opinion but since everyone here wants to give their's in a nondescript post title, I just wonder a few things:

Why do some people feel they should tell others what to do with their possessions?

Some even admit we should not sell tickets to a non-Vol but freely admit they would buy from a non-Vol.

Some think winning cures all but others make fun of Saban for complaining about the student section not being full.

We have so many things to get right, but many people on this board, after the Bama game, remind me of folks who complaining about paying $100 for the new car smell when buying a $75k vehicle.

It's a message board. Complain if you want to. Even tell us what we should be doing. Just don't expect everyone to bow to your sanctimonious thoughts.
Who expects anyone to listen what you or anyone else says on this MESSAGE BOARD. Truth of the matter is, I don’t even listen to most people even when they are standing right in front of me, but I don’t mind listening to there opinions.

Most Vol/Bama tickets were probably already sold before the Auburn game.

The definition of a bandwagon fan.
Bandwagon UT fans don't exist in 2018 unless you are a masochist. And in my case, the UTK degree hanging on my wall says differently.

Look at it this way though... if I have season tickets I can spend a few hundred to take my family to the game, get food, and get a hotel just to see a blowout which most realistic fans knew was coming. Or I can make some money off those tickets and watch from the comfort of my living room. Either way I am still watching the game, and now I have a few hundred dollars extra to spend on a more reasonable game like Kentucky coming up.

There have been a lot of blowouts recently in this series, but I've not picked up on the empty seat syndrome before today.

It’s probably a combination to be honest. UT fans tired of the same thing every Saturday for the last decade and the Bama fatigue is real. It just isn’t fun for any fan not wearing Crimson.

It’s probably a combination to be honest. UT fans tired of the same thing every Saturday for the last decade and the Bama fatigue is real. It just isn’t fun for any fan not wearing Crimson.
It's almost like they're cheating but we all know Bama would never do that :)

Reactions: dlravol2
Who expects anyone to listen what you or anyone else says on this MESSAGE BOARD. Truth of the matter is, I don’t even listen to most people even when they are standing right in front of me, but I don’t mind listening to there opinions.

You don't listen to what anyone says on message boards so why post your opinions?

I suppose you only consider those opinions that concur with what you already think and since my opinion is different, you don't listen.

Yet you quoted a response. Either way you are entitled to say and do what you want and I am too. I guess the difference is that if someone were to tell me where I am wrong, I just might change my mind.

You don't listen to what anyone says on message boards so why post your opinions?

I suppose you only consider those opinions that concur with what you already think and since my opinion is different, you don't listen.

Yet you quoted a response. Either way you are entitled to say and do what you want and I am too. I guess the difference is that if someone were to tell me where I am wrong, I just might change my mind.
Maybe our opinion of the word listen is different. And I never I said I didn’t listen to anyone, I just said I don’t to most, unless they have something that’s interesting to hear.

Maybe our opinion of the word listen is different. And I never I said I didn’t listen to anyone, I just said I don’t to most, unless they have something that’s interesting to hear.

"Who expects anyone to listen what you or anyone else says on this MESSAGE BOARD."

You are right about that.

Bandwagon UT fans don't exist in 2018 unless you are a masochist. And in my case, the UTK degree hanging on my wall says differently.

Look at it this way though... if I have season tickets I can spend a few hundred to take my family to the game, get food, and get a hotel just to see a blowout which most realistic fans knew was coming. Or I can make some money off those tickets and watch from the comfort of my living room. Either way I am still watching the game, and now I have a few hundred dollars extra to spend on a more reasonable game like Kentucky coming up.

Yes, we can all do the cost benefit analysis. I am not condemning anyone thst can't attend due to finances. However, to not attend because you don't like the product or that the team probably wont win is bandwagon. At the very least its deciding not to support the team due to the protected outcome.

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop
I agree with you. However, this is the natural flow when you put a poor declining athletic product on the field for over ten years. I think the good news is we have a guy running the AD that actually gives a %$#@ now and has hired a guy he believes as HC that has a desire to win and is qualified to lead. The sad thing? Up until Fulmer's hiring, the administration of the institution and UTAD were happy to bring in another loser as football HC in Schiano. See all the big time Power 5 HC football offers he has received since then. They not only wnted to bring him in, but pushed him to the point they elicited a national pr campaign to try to shame the long suffering fan base into accepting the guy. The scary thing? Apparently Fulmer is the only thing standing in the way of going back to that way of thinking for UTAD.
100% agree. The future will be determined by how long Fulmer can convince the administration to keep the Haslams at bay. Unfortunately if Pruitt can’t get it done we will have the same scenario play out as last November in 3 years. This isn’t just football anymore.

Pruitt will not settle for average and I'm confident he'll get us back to being very good. Will that be good enough to win conference titles? Only time will tell, but I like the fact he hates losing and has real plans to rectify that situation.

VN Store

Back