Doug Matthews just reiterated...

091117_gif_bearded_fan_med.gif

Pretty sure Okie Lite OC doesnt want to have a bad effect on OSU recruiting by bolting before signing day. Whereas we aren't in on any recruits that are strongly swayed by who our oc is (or Helton leaving would have been noticeable).

Signing day and then OC announced. Felt this way for awhile.

Okay, so you're saying that Yurcich or any other candidate has agreed, but doesn't want it to be announced yet because of it having a negative effect on OSU or the other schools recruiting, and we aren't "in on" anyone that would really be affected by waiting until after ESD?

You don't think an OC hire, especially a decent to good one might help draw some attention to us so we might have someone we are "in on"?

I'm just saying, if that is what's going, and I don't believe it is, then we need help.

Mathews said multiple times that CJP was gathering information on offensive schemes, specifically RPOs. I totally believe CJP has made his hire and it will come when the coach can leave his current position. I'm impressed that this selection hasn't leaked out from someone in the AD. I do believe that the incoming OC will be well schooled in pro-style schemes.

I've been concerned like everyone else about the pace of the hire. But, I'm more and more convinced that the announcement will come when the selection's situation is resolved. It's a positive sign that CJP and CPF respect the selection's situation. I hope at this point that recruiting is the absolutely #1 priority. Let's go and get more help at DL, LB, and WR.

What the hell do they have left to work through?
I'm gonna guess (assuming he's right) it has something to do with a current contract by the OC or they have an agreement not to announce by the wish of whoever they are hiring. It's not a hold up on UTs end they have no reason to hold it up.

Okay, so you're saying that Yurcich or any other candidate has agreed, but doesn't want it to be announced yet because of it having a negative effect on OSU or the other schools recruiting, and we aren't "in on" anyone that would really be affected by waiting until after ESD?

You don't think an OC hire, especially a decent to good one might help draw some attention to us so we might have someone we are "in on"?

I'm just saying, if that is what's going, and I don't believe it is, then we need help.
(lol)
Behr,
Has @apevol been around???

He just said on 104.5 the zone that they already know who they are hiring. Same thing he said last week. Still saying it's already taken care of and TN fans can R-E-L-A-X (I'm paraphrasing)

He also went on to say that interviews continue simply to get information. Not to hire someone.
If I was being interviewed for a job opening and I thought, or found out later, that the company was interviewing me simply to get information, I would be hacked. I have a hard time believing the validity of that reporting.

I'm not doubting Doug, but I just wonder, unless it's an NFL guy (and it very well could be) what's the point of all the secrecy? You'd think Pruitt would want to announce this right away and get his guy here as soon as possible to help with recruiting and start working on installation for next season. We finished 5-7 and lost to Vandy for the 3rd straight year. Urgency is the ONLY word that needs to be on them damn Nike shirts for next year.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
If Pruitt is doing sham interviews that's pretty low. I would be extremely upset if I interviewed for a job and shared knowledge that made me successful, only to find out I had zero chance to get the job and was being used to share info.

And why the hell would you reveal that if you knew if? You just got a whole lot of people ticked off at Tennessee and Pruitt. What a stupid thing to say.

VN Store

Back