Doug Matthews just reiterated...

Its like me telling you that I know for a fact that the sun will rise again.

You don't know that. No one here knows that. My sources tell me that might not happen. Other insiders inform me that it may happen. We just have to wait and see because no one knows anything about what the sun may or may not do then.

absolutely stunningly stupid if true. Get ready for a 60 year old, double life living, reality star as OC on Friday.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Why would Fulmer talk? If Pruitt doesn't think it needs to be talked about Fulmer should stfu. IMO.
Yeah, and I guess if you work and we’re hiring an assistant and wasn’t talking about it but your boss did you would tell him to stfu??

He seems to be dancing around technicalities every time he comes on there. Last week he said it was "95% done" and now he's not technically contradicting himself but at the same time it doesn't pass the sniff test.

He seems to be dancing around technicalities every time he comes on there. Last week he said it was "95% done" and now he's not technically contradicting himself but at the same time it doesn't pass the sniff test.

Maybe Mathews thinks "done" = 350%

If Pruitt is doing sham interviews that's pretty low. I would be extremely upset if I interviewed for a job and shared knowledge that made me successful, only to find out I had zero chance to get the job and was being used to share info.

And why the hell would you reveal that if you knew if? You just got a whole lot of people ticked off at Tennessee and Pruitt. What a stupid thing to say.
Its actually a pretty common practice, he's not surprising anyone.

A lower level OC or higher level position coach walks away with his name in the media and something else to put on his resume for later on. Its not like they walk away with nothing.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
No but you can only have 10 road eligible coaches. The OC would automatically become one of those 10 which removes someone else

Like when Butch went on the road for bama

You can only have 10 recruiting off campus, eligible doesn't matter.

Yeah, and I guess if you work and we’re hiring an assistant and wasn’t talking about it but your boss did you would tell him to stfu??

I didn't say Pruitt should tell Fulmer to stfu. But if Fulmer is talking and Pruitt is trying to keep it quiet, someone needs to yell him too. Do you not agree?

And yes, If my boss was running his mouth about something I didn't want him too, we would definitely have a talk.

He just said on 104.5 the zone that they already know who they are hiring. Same thing he said last week. Still saying it's already taken care of and TN fans can R-E-L-A-X (I'm paraphrasing)

He also went on to say that interviews continue simply to get information. Not to hire someone.

What “information” are we gleaning? That isn’t the first time I have heard this theory. I am sure the coaches who are being interviewed like knowing that they are wasting their time during football season.

We had to tell some recruits who the hire is. There is no way a highly ranked recruit that played a skill position would sign if he didn't know the hire. Maybe that goes along with the recent followers of a certain coach on twitter???

I didn't say Pruitt should tell Fulmer to stfu. But if Fulmer is talking and Pruitt is trying to keep it quiet, someone needs to yell him too. Do you not agree?

And yes, If my boss was running his mouth about something I didn't want him too, we would definitely have a talk.

However you slice it, Matthews definitely contradicted himself.

According to this article, Pruitt is doing like Propst's does by interviewing for future possibilities. I can see the logic and I hope that is the case. Maybe he does already have his man and is interviewing to see if in the future he might want to work with one of these guys. I'm afraid that since Propst's gave him an opportunity at Hoover that he may be returning the favor tomorrow after their state championship game today.

Pruitt's coaching search parallels Propst's interview process philosophy
The more “think” on it the more it makes sense.... College has a precedent of announcing hires regardless of signing day, bowl games etc... A high school state championship game is a different story though, don’t want to burn recruiting bridges by disrupting a team playing for state championship.
I am officially saying Propst will be in our staff in some capacity

Reactions: vol1950 and cgrish

VN Store

Back