Here's the teams that gave the best defenses a difficult time in 2018

Thanks for pointing that out chief. Care to enlighten us on who you think the offenses are that gave the best defenses in 2018 a difficult time?

No need to get defensive. You had a number wrong. It's an easy mistake to make. Since, as you said, your point isn't about Tennessee, you can edit your OP so folks don't get hung up on it.

Out of curiosity, looking at what we have, what do you guys think would be the best offense to implement. I am in the camp that Guarantano is a good QB when he has time. It is hard to imagine our offensive line being worse next year. JG has decent legs too so an RPO type offense is probably our best bet. I doubt we can implement a pro style offense until we have a truly balanced offensive line.

Argue with someone else. I'm just sharing what my spreadsheet spit out.
Not arguing. You said nobody in this thread said UT had a good offense. I was just reminding you that you were the one that said it and that is what got this whole thing started.

No need to get defensive. You had a number wrong. It's an easy mistake to make. Since, as you said, your point isn't about Tennessee, you can edit your OP so folks don't get hung up on it.
I'm not editing anything because then the list would be compromised. It's a list of teams that scored 21 points or more against 3 Top 30 defenses. Tennessee is one of those teams. I'm not going to dig through all the box scores to figure out how many of those points was scored by the team's offense, even though that would make the list more dependable. That would take too long. The purpose of the study was to get an idea of who does well against good defenses, not to compose an infallible sports article. That's your job. I'm just a casual fan on a message board.

Not arguing. You said nobody in this thread said UT had a good offense. I was just reminding you that you were the one that said it and that is what got this whole thing started.
You're piecing things together to form a lie. Argue with someone else.

I guess any number is as arbitrary as another, but why select 21 as the benchmark? Scoring only 21 or even 24 points most games will have you playing in the Music City Bowl at best.

I'm not editing anything because then the list would be compromised. It's a list of teams that scored 21 points or more against 3 Top 30 defenses. Tennessee is one of those teams. I'm not going to dig through all the box scores to figure out how many of those points was scored by the team's offense, even though that would make the list more dependable. That would take too long. The purpose of the study was to get an idea of who does well against good defenses, not to compose an infallible sports article. That's your job. I'm just a casual fan on a message board.

Except they apparently aren't.

Reactions: volinSmyrna
Except they apparently aren't.
They scored 21 points against 3 top 30 defenses. That's why they showed up on the list. I pulled final scores from the schedules of the 30 best defenses to see who scored the most points. Not digging in further than that but I'd be interested in seeing the results after defensive and special teams touchdowns were taken away, if anyone has the time.

They scored 21 points against 3 top 30 defenses. That's why they showed up on the list. I pulled final scores from the schedules of the 30 best defenses to see who scored the most points. Not digging in further than that but I'd be interested in seeing the results after defensive and special teams touchdowns were taken away, if anyone has the time.

No.....they did not. You keep repeating it, yet you're 100% wrong and it's been pointed out to you 3 times now.

Hell you even know by the end of the post you're not right.

Get your panties out a bunch. If you weren't so worked up you'd see that you are making my point. I clearly stated that Ole Miss was ranked #9 in TOTAL OFFENSE. Nothing tricky about that. And I went on to say that "Statistics can be deceiving." Ole Miss was a prime example.

I heard the Ole Miss stats on the radio this morning. Their suckage against good defenses made me wonder who has had success against good defense, so I did my best to quickly find out. Simple as that.

You gave that stat yourself as an example of what is considered good, only to say it wasn't that good (notice, not because their scoring offense isn't even top 25, but because of scoring vs top-30 defenses). Only to show what a "good offense" apparently is. Your argument is simply inconsistent and poorly stated.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan

VN Store

Back