Tony Basilio Tweet

I'm telling you .. Ut does not have the funds to make the move this year unless big booster fronts it ..... Fulmer has spent a lot on football .... Plus the cash needed to hire a top candidate to come live in the Bear's ( I mean Pats footsteps )

I'm telling you .. Ut does not have the funds to make the move this year unless big booster fronts it ..... Fulmer has spent a lot on football .... Plus the cash needed to hire a top candidate to come live in the Bear's ( I mean Pats footsteps )

Oh FFS this is the either the dumbest post of the night or a pathetic attempt at a troll. Her buyout is not even a million dollars. Thats a drop in the bucket.

Phillip Fulmer's tenure as AD will not be tarnished by some angry Lady Vol basketball fans.

Fulmer's success is 80% tied to the success of the football team.

That's why I said "Near". This is a warm-up for Phil having to deal with a real FB crisis. Does he lead or cower to relationships? That's all.

Please refrain from cursing! I just don’t think a coach of a P5 school should have to take valuable practice time and use it working on the basic fundamentals of the game! But I guess we have fallen that far! Sad!

Holly recruited the players. If she does not want to teach them what they are missing she should not offer them scholarships.

The fact that it is now public knowledge her job is in jeopardy makes it that more damaging to keep her. Recruiting? What top recruits are gonna want to come play for a coach on a flaming (no pun intended) hot seat who most likely won't be here going forward? NOW is the time to make the move. Fresh start....fresh coach....Phil MUST fire her asap. Recruits know Holly is a dead man (no pun intended) walking. They see the rumors....they know what's going on. This must be done.

What top recruits are gonna want to come play for a coach on a flaming (no pun intended) hot seat who most likely won't be here going forward?

After recent events, what top recruits will still want to play for a coach whose modus operandi is to NEVER look inward in times of trouble, choosing ONLY ever to blame others for failures?

How can the Holly apologists not see this glaring character flaw in their hero? I mean, who in the world doesn’t understand that any coach worth her or his salt goes into that press conference ready and willing to take the FULL BLAME for losses whether or not they actually believe they deserve that blame?

Jesus, Holly!!!!! All you had to do was even ONCE say, “Hey, I let my team down.”

But NOOOOOOOOO! You couldn’t do that. Instead, time after time you told your girls that they weren’t Lady Vol material because they weren’t magically rising above the fact that they had no legitimate plays to work with against opponents who DID.

Good grief. This is ridiculous.

My guess is Holly and Evina are both leaving. I believe Evina will be leaving whether Holly stays or goes. I hate that. Don't see how Evina can stay after her mother's Facebook post; and all the criticism she is getting for her, I thought, very restrained comment immediately post loss.

I think Holly is out. I think a new head coach will be announced after the tournament is over.

I'm not an insider. But I think this is what is going to happen.

What was posted on Facebook? Link?

Under Holly’s tenure as head coach, she’s had quite the amount of turnover, which says a lot.
Not sure the exact numbers but, I’m pretty sure CPS didn’t equal the amount of turnover there’s been compared to Holly. Very telling.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Uh Oh! Starting to look like the football board!! My cousins brothers nephews uncle knows one of the Fed Ex guys that deliver to UT and he said there are rumors that Kim Mulkey was seen at the Mall this morning!
She was spotted at the Campbell station rd taco boy, along with AD Fulmer, Peyton, Gruden and Beattie Feathers. I can’t reveal my source at the moment but I can say that I trust this Juan...
GBO!!

Reactions: WVU05UT09 and gule
I like the thoughts of a team comprised of this years freshman and next years incoming kids along with Brown and the new Australian young lady along with a possible grad transfer! Even with Holly as Coach with that team and hopefully the turnover machine and lazy pouter will transfer! New start for Holly! Exciting new team all young ladies with open minds eager to play and learn! Good times coming!
We’re all waiting on the punchline here.
GBO!!

Oh FFS this is the either the dumbest post of the night or a pathetic attempt at a troll. Her buyout is not even a million dollars. Thats a drop in the bucket.

But $700k to buy her out and $1.5 million for another head coach and another million or so to hire three assistants is not a drop in the bucket.

Not saying it shouldn't be done, and I think it likely will be done, but fans need to realize there's not an unlimited supply of cash over there at this point, particularity for a program that finishes millions of dollars in the red every year regardless.

If Holly is not let go, not sure there will be 2000 fans next season.....We let our seats go several years ago....Could not take the inferior product on the court anymore...It was pitiful then, but even more pitiful now.

But $700k to buy her out and $1.5 million for another head coach and another million or so to hire three assistants is not a drop in the bucket.

Not saying it shouldn't be done, and I think it likely will be done, but fans need to realize there's not an unlimited supply of cash over there at this point, particularity for a program that finishes millions of dollars in the red every year regardless.
Wouldn't the salary for three assistants be a wash. It's not like they aren't paying three now so don't think that part is that large of a factor.

DP, since UT has over a Billion Dollar in endowments, can any of that money be used for athletics?

Endowments have many uses, such as scholarships and college improvements...Isn't improving the coaching situation a college improvement?

Movement On Holly Warlick Front?
spacer.gif
The embattled head coach of the Tennessee Lady Vols time at the helm of that program may be winding down after Warlick met with UT AD Phillip Fulmer. This might be the first time Fulmer is forced to oust a sitting head coach. Sources tell me the two met yesterday in Knoxville with 'a resolution to this expected perhaps as early as today.' My belief (though I couldn't get anybody to tell me this) is that Holly Warlick is either going to resign with a nice severance package or get terminated. I think the ball is in her court. I just don't see her returning after a dismal 2018-19.

I hope whomever the new coach is keeps Sharronna Reaves don't really want Dean to stay and don't care either way with Gordon. Reaves is a top recruiter who got Horston to commit and sign with Tennessee. Hopefully the next coach finds her a valuable asset to the program.

Last edited:
Movement On Holly Warlick Front?
spacer.gif
The embattled head coach of the Tennessee Lady Vols time at the helm of that program may be winding down after Warlick met with UT AD Phillip Fulmer. This might be the first time Fulmer is forced to oust a sitting head coach. Sources tell me the two met yesterday in Knoxville with 'a resolution to this expected perhaps as early as today.' My belief (though I couldn't get anybody to tell me this) is that Holly Warlick is either going to resign with a nice severance package or get terminated. I think the ball is in her court. I just don't see her returning after a dismal 2018-19.
The pessimistic part of me thinks we will have to suffer through a dismal 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 season and the she will retire when Athletic Director Phil Fulmer retires in my opinion.

Wait until Wednesday...I’ll help ;) #750bigones

I would disagree with this to an extent. For older fans, yes. For younger ones like myself, we have grown up in an era where Basketball has surpassed or rivaled football based on results. The Lady Vol legacy is still buoyed a bit since Pat Summit continues to be so recognizable even today.

I would say for me Football is about 40-50%, though I understand finances skew towards more importance in that area.

You think Lady Vols Basketball ranks close to football? Please tell me you are making reference to Men’s basketball. PLEASE. Otherwise, it’s got to be blue font.

Reactions: BSOVOL1967
You think Lady Vols Basketball ranks close to football? Please tell me you are making reference to Men’s basketball. PLEASE. Otherwise, it’s got to be blue font.

Yeah that was hilarious..... even as bad as football has been recently..... they always get 90+ thousand in the stands and the basketball team doesn’t always sell out 25,000 arena...

Yeah that was hilarious..... even as bad as football has been recently..... they always get 90+ thousand in the stands and the basketball team doesn’t always sell out 25,000 arena...
SSHHHHHSSHH! Don't tell those other 65+ thousand football sheep how much fun that 25,000 seat arena has become! Even though not always sold out, still pretty hard and expensive to get tickets. But so well worth it!

VN Store

Back