Tony Basilio Tweet

SSHHHHHSSHH! Don't tell those other 65+ thousand football sheep how much fun that 25,000 seat arena has become! Even though not always sold out, still pretty hard and expensive to get tickets. But so well worth it!

Oh I love it and go to both..... just smart enough to know that football is the head of the universities athletics department.

I'm telling you .. Ut does not have the funds to make the move this year unless big booster fronts it ..... Fulmer has spent a lot on football .... Plus the cash needed to hire a top candidate to come live in the Bear's ( I mean Pats footsteps )
You absolutely have no clue about this issue....money will be no probem at all.

Last edited:
What was posted on Facebook? Link?
I read it, someone posted something pretty ugly and totally unnecessary about Evina. Eva got into it; upshot was she said something about not having Evina to kick around next year, lots of teams would love to have her (my paraphrase). It blew up from there. I can’t remember the site; if I find it I will post the link. @T_Vol376 do you know it?

Note: no need for everyone to get into another discussion about it, please. Just information for context.

Reactions: mcannon1 and ksl415
I was privy to some info most didn't know, at least at the time. He should have 100% been fired.
He should have been fired after the Oklahoma game; if generous, after the Florida game....and his chart packed with him. I had already figured out he was out of his league......my glasses are orange but apparently not as thick as some.

He should have been fired after the Oklahoma game; if generous, after the Florida game....and his chart packed with him. I had already figured out he was out of his league......my glasses are orange but apparently not as thick as some.
I still don't think you fire a head coach who has 9 wins in a season

I read it, someone posted something pretty ugly and totally unnecessary about Evina. Eva got into it; upshot was she said something about not having Evina to kick around next year, lots of teams would love to have her (my paraphrase). It blew up from there. I can’t remember the site; if I find it I will post the link. @T_Vol376 do you know it?

Note: no need for everyone to get into another discussion about it, please. Just information for context.

It was in Margo Anderson’s facebook group. It’s been about a month ago now. I can’t remember who made the initial comment bashing Evina.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Is it possible that Westbrook decided to transfer at the end of this season way back in December when she went home for Christmas break and talked things over with her mother? Her bad body language and prima donna pouting were evident starting in January. Perhaps she realizes that she will have to sit out one year under NCAA transfer rules and would prefer to play right away at her new school. If she can initiate a coaching change at Tennessee she might be eligible to play immediately. So perhaps she is leaving regardless of what happens to Coach Warlick, but would prefer to have a valid reason (a coaching change) to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility.

I feel Westbrook did make her decision to leave during the timeframe you mentioned...

It was in Margo Anderson’s facebook group. It’s been about a month ago now. I can’t remember who made the initial comment bashing Evina.

I saw that dust-up. While I understand a parent wanting to defend her kid, at this point, an adult should realize that social media is not representative of the fan base. Any team will have a small segment of "trolley" posters who bad mouth players. On that same thread, many, many posted how much they loved Evina!

If a parent wants their kid to transfer anytime some negative comments crop up on social media, well that poor player is going to be on the move a lot.

People really need to realize most fans of a program don't follow its social media; that those who do are mainly lurkers (who read but do not post) and only a fraction are active posters.

Getting bent out of shape because some random poster says something not nice about your daughter's game on FB is like howling at the moon or screaming at the wind.

I saw that dust-up. While I understand a parent wanting to defend her kid, at this point, an adult should realize that social media is not representative of the fan base. Any team will have a small segment of "trolley" posters who bad mouth players. On that same thread, many, many posted how much they loved Evina!

If a parent wants their kid to transfer anytime some negative comments crop up on social media, well that poor player is going to be on the move a lot.

People really need to realize most fans of a program don't follow its social media; that those who do are mainly lurkers (who read but do not post) and only a fraction are active posters.

Getting bent out of shape because some random poster says something not nice about your daughter's game on FB is like howling at the moon or screaming at the wind.
I find it hard to believe that was the driver. Evina probably wanted to transfer already, and sh!tty comments from fanbase randos probably just added one more reason why she would be happy to pack her bags.

Reactions: WVU05UT09

Yeah I don’t think parents should be in any fan groups for the exact reasons you noted. Both Mimi’s and Zaay’s dads were in the same group and they wisely left.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I'm starting to think that Tony B gets all his hot information tips from Jimmy Hyams at the Masonic lodge meeting on the first Tuesday night of each month.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Listening to Basilio today. Per his sources: Phillip started making a list over a month ago. Has been reaching out to people in the business. Names those sources believe that may be on his list are Tina Langley (Rice), Kellie Harper, Wes Moore, and his high dollar wish- Jeff Walz. I don't know if he has real sources, or he just reads this board. LOL

He, also, says she meet with Fulmer y-day, and one other person was in the room. It sounds like she was given options on how this could all go down.

Listening to Basilio today. Per his sources: Phillip started making a list over a month ago. Has been reaching out to people in the business. Names those sources believe that may be on his list are Tina Langley (Rice), Kellie Harper, Wes Moore, and his high dollar wish- Jeff Walz. I don't know if he has real sources, or he just reads this board. LOL

Damn,i hope Basilio is right!:cool: If it is right it will either be probably Wes Moore or Kellie Jolly Harper:cool:

Reactions: WeAreTheRealUT.
You're right, this does sound like this board lol. The only interesting one is Langley. She's done a good job at Rice, but I doubt she's ready for Tennessee after only 4 years head coaching experience.

What was posted on Facebook? Link?

Evina's mother Eva posted on Lady Vol Fans Facebook page. The conversation has been deleted. It was quoted on Volnation several weeks ago. I do not remember the post well enough to rewrite it. Someone else may remember the Volnation thread name. Maybe it's still there.

VN Store

Back