Vols Make Phil Steele's Most Improved List

We are a 5-win team until we prove otherwise in the field.

Thin hope has been all that has sustained us as VOLS fans for well over a decade now. I have been burned too many times to get my hopes up too far. I’m a Vol until I die, but we gotta see something real on the field. I think we will this year . . . But, then again, I’ve said that before.

Our guys have to come out with an “us against the world” mentality and kick somebody in the teeth. Let’s do this, VOLS!!! The time for “coulda, woulda, shoulda” is over!!!!

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Just a note of caution for all our predictions and a reminder: we can’t even predict wins and loses accurately 8 games into the season. What makes us think we can accurately predict wins 3 months before the season starts? As always JMO .
Ya. But the predictions make the offseason a lot more fun. It seems we love drama in this board even if we pretend not to.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I’m sure this has been discussed already, but what are the chances we bring in some D line transfers this late? Seems like we picked up a couple players super late last year.

Knowing our luck the #1 through #6 most improved teams are:

1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Mizzou
4. South Carolina
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy
6a. Alabama
6b. MissSt
6c. BYU
6d. UAB
lol

BYU will be improved for sure; with 17 Starters back including QB Zach Wilson; 66% and 12-3 Td-Int ratio. It won't be easy.

The only starters on offense that we lost were Richmond and TE#2 Wolf. Richmond and possibly Wolf would have been recruited over and lost their starting gigs anyhow. OL depth is currently better than last season (as long as we have Smith and Kennedy at full strength). Assuming everyone gets incrementally better, OL will do fine this season. Jamir Johnson has added about 40 pound of muscle and Calbert was a stud this spring.
Interior OL will have Trey Smith (I think), Kennedy, J. Johnson with quality backups Ryan Johnson, Calbert, Carvin, Locklear and Lampley.

We just need our OTs (Tatum, Morris, Wright, Niehaus, Akporoghene) to take the bull by the horns and engage in a pancake frenzy.
Jahmir now weighs 320lbs? Huh?

Somewhat agree. If I had to divulge right now, I am a lean to wins over UK and VU, and lean to lose with SC and Mizz

I sure hope you're wrong about SC. Part of me wants our Vols to break their heart on a last minute play. But most of me want us to somehow get on a roll and not stop.

Chaney will get the ball out of JGs hand quicker and tap the potential of our big physical WRs.

D-Line depth is my big concern. If we avoid the injury bug I think they'll be a serviceable unit. A few injuries and we're in deep doodoo
This is spot on

Right now, I have the 4 out of conference games as wins. I will add more as the season gets closer. I can say this, I am not as certain of a win in the SC, VU, Mizz, and UK games as some others are.

I have 3 losses right now; UGA, Bama, and UF.

We AIN'T losing to Florida. And their Burmese invasion pythons won't make a difference either!

We AIN'T losing to Florida. And their Burmese invasion pythons won't make a difference either!
A nice sentiment. But if i had bet every Vol fan who said that over the last 25 years, i would be wealthy.

According to this list of returning production for 2019 BYU is ranked 66th.

2019 CFB returning production, ranked a better way

BYU started 2018 with ROAD upset wins at Cal and Wisky and the Injury bug bit them. They still managed to make a bowl and beat WM 49-18. With the injured healed and 17 starters back, 57 Lettermen, they WILL be improved. Tennessee will be a home Favorite of appx 13 points. It will be interesting; hence the ESPN prime time broadcast.

BYU started 2018 with ROAD upset wins at Cal and Wisky and the Injury bug bit them. They still managed to make a bowl and beat WM 49-18. With the injured healed and 17 starters back, 57 Lettermen, they WILL be improved. Tennessee will be a home Favorite of appx 13 points. It will be interesting; hence the ESPN prime time broadcast.
Interesting. I would have bet if we were favoured at all it would be 3.5-4. 13? Idk.

A nice sentiment. But if i had bet every Vol fan who said that over the last 25 years, i would be wealthy.

Understood. Yet, we will not lose to the Lizards again until 2023, and that will be a closely fought game. So it is said, so it will be.

You know something?

I like these “most improved” articles. Lol, It doesn’t really mean anything until you see it on the field. Yeah, better, more talented players are coming in so, sure more improved in terms of talented players, but that’s not saying much. That’s like saying the crap I took this morning is better than the crap I took last night.

VN Store

Back