Mullen’s Offense vs Pruitt’s Defense

I hope Florida still tackles that badly and turns the ball over that much when they play us.

Miami's hate for Florida willed themselves to keep the game close but were far outmatched. Don't see them in the ACC Championship game anytime soon.

Maybe Florida can commit Pass Interference a half dozen times against us too!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
What are your thoughts for those watching Miami vs Florida? Are you seeing Mullen’s offensive philosophy taking hold in year 2? What are your thoughts on Pruitts defensive schemes fully taking hold this year? Or is it too early to tell? Will Ansley and Pruitt be able to game plan and stop Mullen?

Give me your thoughts Volnation
Both teams looked like hot garbage

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
As with most games, it’s going to come down to the trench warfare.
Miami’s OLine is younger and less experienced than ours. If we can hold them just a bit longer than Miami did, we can win this game. I honestly believe the key is going to be beating Zuniga’s rush.

Reactions: Remy
Now we’re comparing Mullen and Pruitt? Ok. It wasn’t just Pruitt's first year at UT, it was his first year as a head coach period. Also I think having been snake bitten with the offensive line injuries really cost us. Either way, we sucked last year.

There's that volspeak......was waiting for it

Did our OL give up 10 sacks in one game last year?
UF pass rush is relentless JG does not move well in the pocket this is a big concern going into the Swamp with that pass rush vs our OL.
If they did then that is utter trash. Not sure what you are getting at but the point is true for any line, in any game, of any year that gives up 10 sacks in a game.

As with most games, it’s going to come down to the trench warfare.
Miami’s OLine is younger and less experienced than ours. If we can hold them just a bit longer than Miami did, we can win this game. I honestly believe the key is going to be beating Zuniga’s rush.

I see the UF LB crew not as good as we have previously seen. If Zuniga has a highlight reel type game against us and we do not adjust or account for him, we'll have a hard time offensively. Personally with the heat of the day a factor, when possible the best way to limit a pass rusher is to run right at him. Let big guys smear him and use those legs up early so he doesn't have them late in the game. The gator LB is just not as physiocal as what I've seen in their past, they absorbed a lot of hits, it's just something you don't characteristically see from their defenders. I'm not sure their DBs are solid at all.

They can talk up Perine all day but he’d be 4th on our roster
I was thinking that they sure seem to be hyping Florida up for some reason. Both teams looked rough in the beginning, but I wasn't impressed with UF at all. They're going to have their share of athletes, but they just looked bad. I'd be surprised if Franks lasts the season as the starter. You'd think that was his first collegiate experience the way he played.

If they did then that is utter trash. Not sure what you are getting at but the point is true for any line, in any game, of any year that gives up 10 sacks in a game.

What I was getting at. I think most people on here think last years OL was bad its been stated Ad nauseam . I was just wondering as bad as they were did they even give up 10 sacks in a game?

What I was getting at. I think most people on here think last years OL was bad its been stated Ad nauseam . I was just wondering as bad as they were did they even give up 10 sacks in a game?
Not that I recall. JG took a lot of sacks but most of the brutal hits he took were pressures not sacks.

I see the Florida front 4 getting 6-10 sacks and forcing our QB to throw on the run half the time with a stat line like 10-26 for 112 yards and 2 INTs. Their QB was on the run, even if we don’t allow them a TD it won’t matter.

For a RS Freshman QB that has zero awareness to get rid of the ball and an OL that leaked like a sieve, UM gave the number “8” team in the country all they wanted and them some. FL fans are saying we had 4 turnovers and 10 sacks and still won by four points, but UM had turnovers and a lot of false starts and holding penalties. Both teams were a mess. FF looked erratic as usual making some plays and then bonehead plays.

Our game all comes down to who improves over the next 4 weeks. We have no idea what our OL or DL can handle this year. I feel pretty confident about the rest of our position groups and that the OL & DL will be better than last year, but will that be enough. I keep hoping that CJP has seen something over the off season scouting FL and has a defensive philosophy to counter act Mullen to shut down the run and make FF beat us by keeping FF in the pocket and pressure on him because he doesn’t seem to make good decisions under pressure. That’s my hope and of course that we don’t turn the ball over 6 times. 😀

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
10 sacks, numerous hurries and they didn’t open any holes for the backs
yeah, when it was all said and done those where the stats and yet FL could or should have lost that game. If anything TN O-line stands a better chance and JG should be accustomed to the pressure. Pruitt has this quiet confidence about him this year, I won't be surprised if the team has a few upset wins this year. Quickly how many TN and FL fans forget about the 2017 game, TN should have won but in Lyle fashion folded at the end and lost on a last-second deep ball. This years team is bigger and personally, I feel is more talented than that '17 team.

yeah, when it was all said and done those where the stats and yet FL could or should have lost that game. If anything TN O-line stands a better chance and JG should be accustomed to the pressure. Pruitt has this quiet confidence about him this year, I won't be surprised if the team has a few upset wins this year. Quickly how many TN and FL fans forget about the 2017 game, TN should have won but in Lyle fashion folded at the end and lost on a last-second deep ball. This years team is bigger and personally, I feel is more talented than that '17 team.

UF won four games in 2017.

Saturday’s sloppy game notwithstanding, ‘19 UF is more talented than our ‘17 team also.

UF won four games in 2017.

Saturday’s sloppy game notwithstanding, ‘19 UF is more talented than our ‘17 team also.
TN won four Games in '17, point being? I would disagree that this years UF O'line is more talented than their 2017 line. TN knows what a lack of talent on the O line does to a program. Another point of argument is that Filipe Franks is a liability. Miami exposed his lack of progression. Dude cannot make a play rolling or scrambling left to save his life. That's like a point guard being only able to dribble with one hand. Just my opinion, but I think it is gonna be a long year for the UF defense, the question is, how many times can they bail the offenses out? Saturday's game was the first of many opportunities that bounced UF's way. Interesting stat I heard this morning, UF offense only ran 50 something plays, that isn't gonna fly in the SEC. I expect UT to bring a stronger game to Gainesville and I hope you guys do overlook us because I think Pruitt has this game set in his head as a statement game. Again these are all just my opinions.

VN Store

Back