Time for UT to pull a Florida.....and play Bryce Thompson.

That looks to be a concern right now for UF. That and injuries.

UTs OL will take a big test Sat as well.

On the DARK side, Trask looked like the stage wasnt too big.

I thought the announcer last night said Trask was a grad transfer. If so, he's no cherry boy!

It wouldn't bother me if they played him. He had a shouting episode with a girl. No assault or touching from I've heard. But he hasn't played a game in 2019. Do you really think he's a difference maker in his first time on the field this year? It's not like he's Cam Sutton or Eric Berry. He will play again soon. If not this week, then probably against Ga or MSU. He won't get charged with anything because there aren't any charges for anger issues. Might need some anger counseling for his threatening words. People often say absurd things in fits of anger.
Our best cover guy and he MAKES PLAYS. Rest of the team feeds off of that.

That looks to be a concern right now for UF. That and injuries.

UTs OL will take a big test Sat as well.

On the bright side, Trask looked like the stage wasnt too big.

Kentucky pushed around our much more experienced OL last year in Gainesville. They didn’t lose much in the trenches from last year to this year, and it showed against our inexperienced OL.

That said, I like our matchup against UT’s OL.

I’ll withhold comment on our OL until they do something positive worth mentioning.

Reactions: Jaws
Kentucky pushed around our much more experienced OL last year in Gainesville. They didn’t lose much in the trenches from last year to this year, and it showed against our inexperienced OL.

That said, I like our matchup against UT’s DL. I’ll withhold comment on our OL until they do something positive worth mentioning.
UTs interior DL needs to be a lot better. The edges have been decent, but the middle is a weakness right now. If UF runs the ball effectively it wont be a game. UT will need a similar situation to what UK was able to do last nite til Trask saved the day.

What's the word on yalls DE that got dinged up?

You really dont know what the GF said or the witnesses. We are hearing from people (media) who supposedly have heard from reports made by the witnesses who supposedly heard from Bryce and his GF. What does seem clear, however, is that Pruitt is going about it via whatever protocols they have in place. He suspended him, then likely the school at some level heard from the witnesses and at some level that is not Pruitt or Phil (though no doubt they had input), they decided that there was not enough there to take it further.

So no, he is not a criminal (based on this incident at least), not having been convicted or at this point, even convincingly accused (and you best believe the admin was not convinced) of an actual crime. If you are saying he is a thug or a bad guy, then you might just check your prejudice a bit, at least if you are basing it on what has been reported (including his past relationship).
Oh, so he gets into a verbal assault of his girlfriend, breaks a a gate, and threatens to shoot up the school and I’m somehow a racist. Sounds legit. The air must be awfully thin in la la land.

Reactions: I40flyer
UTs interior DL needs to be a lot better. The edges have been decent, but the middle is a weakness right now. If UF runs the ball effectively it wont be a game. UT will need a similar situation to what UK was able to do last nite til Trask saved the day.

What's the word on yalls DE that got dinged up?

Zuniga is questionable, Grenard should be good to go.

Oh, so he gets into a verbal assault of his girlfriend, breaks a a gate, and threatens to shoot up the school and I’m somehow a racist. Sounds legit. The air must be awfully thin in la la land.

Figured you were going to make that mistake. Nowhere in my post did I remotely mention race. I said prejudice and that can derive from any number of biases. For example, some people could be quick to think just because Bryce is an aggressive football player on the field that he has an anger "problem" or is uncontrollably violent. Should he have had a loud argument with his GF and threatened to smack her? no. (if that actually happened. again we dont know. she could have also threatened him). should that be a reason to suspend him from football or school much less a criminal offense? also no. had there been evidence that he actually hit her or was in the action of it, different story.

Until we have better evidence than 4th party hearsay, that provides some enlightenment, perhaps we could let those who are actually charged with investigating this do their jobs. And I suspect they have, which is why he is back on the team.

So lets not be introducing race (or criminality) into the mix, where they have no business.

Figured you were going to make that mistake. Nowhere in my post did I remotely mention race. I said prejudice and that can derive from any number of biases. For example, some people could be quick to think just because Bryce is an aggressive football player on the field that he has an anger "problem" or is uncontrollably violent. Until we have better evidence than 4th party hearsay, that provides some enlightenment, perhaps we could let those who are actually charged with investigating this do their jobs. And I suspect they have, which is why he is back on the team.

So lets not be introducing race (or criminality) into the mix, where they have no business.
You really don’t know how obscenely stupid this sounds, do you?

You really don’t know how obscenely stupid this sounds, do you?

Clearly you are more expert on sounding obscenely stupid than I?

Understand that what we actually KNOW (which is very little really) points to Bryce probably doing something that was wrong. Was it criminal? the courts will need to decide that. Until then, he cannot be said to have committed a crime, even if what we think he did was wrong. The U admin is likely to have more info than we fans and has seemingly made its own decision.

Last edited:
Don't play him. No. Just because Fulmer's back doesn't mean we need to bring his "Cup" back. For the record, I hope Thompson is acquitted of everything. That being said, the young man has issues that are more important that playing against Florida. Life is bigger than football.

Wish we had some good quality scum bag criminals like Florida does.

They just got so many talented garbage people it’s hard to compete.

Don't play him. No. Just because Fulmer's back doesn't mean we need to bring his "Cup" back. For the record, I hope Thompson is acquitted of everything. That being said, the young man has issues that are more important that playing against Florida. Life is bigger than football.
But apparently not school. Since he hasn’t missed a class.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Zuniga is key for me. Then Henderson. They didn’t seem too concerned about Zuniga but a lot was going on with Franks. Ow severe was his injury? Saw a wrapped ankle...

Franks’ injury was severe enough for Mullen to say he’s done for the season without the official Monday morning MRI and press release.

This is a NO BRAINER!!!!!! PLAY THE MAN !!!!!!!!!

This isn't Church it's SEC Football, I'm 99% positive that Pruitt feels the same way. He's coaching for his life, morals be damned.

VN Store

Back