Time for UT to pull a Florida.....and play Bryce Thompson.

Franks’ injury was severe enough for Mullen to say he’s done for the season without the official Monday morning MRI and press release.
Yea no doubt. Glad they didn’t replay that. You could tell by everyone’s reaction Franks was done. Was referring to Zuniga’s injury. Wasn’t able to watch the whole game so I missed his injury. Just saw him on the sidelines with his foot wrapped chillin. Didn’t know the severity of the injury.

I think there is a pretty good chance that whoever reported Thompson greatly exaggerated what he said.

I hope the truth comes out. If it was a lie, I hope the accuser gets punished to the full extent of the law. But if true? No need to express that again.

Sure thing, guy. And if he played for Florida most of you would be hyperventilating he wasn’t kicked off the team. At least feign a little intellectual honesty.
No I really wouldn't. Florida can police their own players I don't really care what sort of ethical standard they pretend to adhere to. Most of our teams have thugs on them so I tend to not agitate for such things. Do you really think that there's no chance that the people involved have an axe to grind with Thompson and have no motivation to lie?

He’s still on the team and has been allowed to practice. IMO, you play him. If and when he’s proven guilty and convicted, he should be treated as if he’s innocent.

Bryce is a potential victim of political correctness that keeps reaching new heights. If he understands that he will look at life differently going forward.

Reactions: Remy
No I really wouldn't. Florida can police their own players I don't really care what sort of ethical standard they pretend to adhere to. Most of our teams have thugs on them so I tend to not agitate for such things. Do you really think that there's no chance that the people involved have an axe to grind with Thompson and have no motivation to lie?

Good on you for feeling to let other teams police their players, but you are a rare exception, if you're even being honest here. Most look at Urban's Florida teams and make fun of how they had to use criminals to win nattys.

And Thompson changed his story to police when they caught him in a lie about the gate he tore up. There's more reason to believe the others were honest than him.

Reactions: CA_Vol
I haven’t a clue, but the more people that are involved providing corroborating statements might lead one to believe there is some truth to the matter. Listen, we’ve all done stupid **** when we were young and drunk, but let’s pretend this isn’t a big deal in the current environment we find ourselves in.

We need to win this game, even if we have to rape, steal or kill.

Exactly!!!!!! As long as he not killing UTK players or alumni, LET THE MAN PLAY!!!!!

I was thinking along the lines that we need to give UF the Ol' Number 6 from Blazing Saddles. I would post the link, but Freak probably wouldn't be too happy about that.

But the concern is for STUDENT safety. It’s safe for him to be in Economics but not on a football field?

Well, the concern is one of your players got into an altercation and lost control of his emotions and said things he shouldn't have said. Whether he'd actually follow through with his words is one thing, but he has a history of doing this. I want nothing but the best for him, and I know the University is doing everything they can to help him. However, it's a bad, bad look to let him play before his court date. It shows you care more about winning football games than doing the right thing.

If you let him play and God forbid he shoots someone, figurative heads will roll, and it will be ugly.

This is a NO BRAINER!!!!!! PLAY THE MAN !!!!!!!!!

This isn't Church it's SEC Football, I'm 99% positive that Pruitt feels the same way. He's coaching for his life, morals be damned.
I can't see any reason not to. If it's the matter of the gate, some community work on or off campus would pay for the gate or the latch on the gate or whatever he busted.
Dear Mrs McCandless
We are disappointed in our boy, Bryce.
I have whipped him. His mother has whipped him. He is very sorry. We are very sorry.
Your friend, Mr Ward Thompson, Bryce's old man.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I haven’t a clue, but the more people that are involved providing corroborating statements might lead one to believe there is some truth to the matter. Listen, we’ve all done stupid **** when we were young and drunk, but let’s pretend this isn’t a big deal in the current environment we find ourselves in.
I think it's more than likely he made an ass of himself doing whatever stupid kids our age do. But what I doubt is that he threatened to shoot up a school. I mean that's really off the wall. I could easily see the accusers getting together to come up with a way to get him hammered, and what better way to do so than to alledge that. That sort of thing is on everyones mind in our current climate and it can not be disproven definitively. Seems like a perfect way to ruin someone. A little too perfect

Letting "victims" run rampant on the accused, as CA_Vol apparently wants, is why our country is in the shape it is now.

In b4 the idiots start firing up and accusing me of "victim blaming".

The seriousness of the accusation of a threat is profound. I see both sides of this argument, but it comes down to priorities. Here's mine on this subject 1. The safety and security of the university. 2 A just outcome 3 Getting a key player back on the field.

Well, the concern is one of your players got into an altercation and lost control of his emotions and said things he shouldn't have said. Whether he'd actually follow through with his words is one thing, but he has a history of doing this. I want nothing but the best for him, and I know the University is doing everything they can to help him. However, it's a bad, bad look to let him play before his court date. It shows you care more about winning football games than doing the right thing.

If you let him play and God forbid he shoots someone, figurative heads will roll, and it will be ugly.
How good a look is it for him out among innocent students? Shows they care more about calculus than protecting our students. 🥺

How good a look is it for him out among innocent students? Shows they care more about calculus than protecting our students. 🥺

It's a better look than letting him play football. If he were to shoot up a school while we let him back in school, then yeah, it's gonna get questioned. If he shoots up a school and we let him back on the football team after he threatened it, it's essentially a death penalty to the football program. Think about it.

VN Store

Back