1st off-season blemish/UT missed J. Hardy already signed?

The Bagman come to Chattanooga and brought his bag full of green. We know how he works. He used to work for us.

I am not concerned one way or the other about Hardy. He clearly made some poor choices but I disagree with any idea that this reflects poorly on UT. That article is total garbage journalism

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Apparently J. Hardy signed with Auburn during the early signing period.

BREAKING: Jay Hardy signed with Auburn in December, Tennessee coach had no clue

If this is our biggest off-season blunder or snafu, I can live with it.

Nothing for UT to do but take it on the chin if the report is true. Any PR attempt to save face would just make us look silly if our coaching staff had the means to know and should have known.

I'm still flabbergasted wondering
1. Why Auburn didn't announce he signed, or at least announce that they had an unannounced player/s sign during the early period?
2. Aside from UT, How did none of the national media, particularly the recruiting services, not catch and report on this?
3. What was J. Hardy really thinking if he actually continued to take visits and proceed as if he were an eligible recruit?

Last but certainly not least, I want to know which of our assistants was directly responsible for his recruitment? I heard rumors last November from alumni friends that knew boosters(yeah yeah, I know what that credibility is worth...) that J. Hardy had been a sure commit to UT and bungling his recruitment might cost his primary recruiter his job after he verbally committed to Auburn.
BTW, I left the names out because hearsay rumors usually aren't worth the paper they're written on.

How is it a blunder if he had no interest in UT? Clearly he didn’t or he wouldn’t have played games like he did with the coaching staff. I hope he loses every game he plays in

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Just read that institutions have 14 days to input the NLI data into the database. If TN checked on the final day of the early signing period, the NLI database may not have been updated. However, if the database is not updated before the end of the 14th day (Jan 3), then the NLI is invalid. Hardy’s NLI was probably showing by that date.

From the site: “The institution must file your NLI with its conference within 14 days after the date of final signature. If this filing deadline is not met, the letter will be declared invalid.”

http://www.nationalletter.org/documentLibrary/nli-guide.pdf

Reactions: MemphisVol77
imagine calling the Jay Hardy circus that Hardy created a blunder for Tennessee......
How is it a blunder if he had no interest in UT? Clearly he didn’t or he wouldn’t have played games like he did with the coaching staff. I hope he loses every game he plays in

By the very title of the thread I posted with a question mark(?) and then qualified with several if statements & questions about the validity of the link's insinuations throughout my initial post; I'm asking and providing suppositional statements as to whether it is a blunder or not.

Each coach is given a sign-in and password for the site so he can keep track of where someone has possibly signed.

According to a source, the fact that Hardy had signed with the Tigers had been public information to coaches since last month as it was visible in the NCAA compliance portal.

I've managed for a couple corporations. We vetted our hires for several things. Felonies, prior job experience & length of tenure, education, credit score, rehire eligibility, etc....

The last two corporations I was at literally had online employment portals facilitated by HR for hire's. After identifying prospective employees I'd conduct a prescreening phone interview & get the prospective employees information I needed to provide HR.

I'd verify actual job references but HR facilitated the background check. Then HR updated the employment portal as to whether that prospective employee was eligible to continue with the hiring process.

If I expensed travel and lodging accommodations to further the hiring or orientation process of an ineligible hire, while the employment portal listed them as ineligible for hire; that would be a blunder. It wouldn't matter if the prospective employee lied to me. Now imagine it was a 17/18 year old kid that lied to me. My regional manager & VP would be even less sympathetic...

I think Mays was much more understandable as Jones was running a clown show and he didn’t want to be part of it or the mess to follow.

In this case Hardy is the clown.

I thought Mays decommitted because of Jones being on the hot seat and the uncertainty at UT in 2017. Had he been able to keep Mays and that class together, he may have been given another year.

Jones was gone before signing day and it was my understanding that he just didn’t sign due to having an issue with Jones and not really having a feel for Pruitt.

I’m sure that playing under Pittman was also a draw to him.

By the very title of the thread I posted with a question mark(?) and then qualified with several if statements & questions about the validity of the link's insinuations throughout my initial post; I'm asking and providing suppositional statements as to whether it is a blunder or not.

I've managed for a couple corporations. We vetted our hires for several things. Felonies, prior job experience & length of tenure, education, credit score, rehire eligibility, etc....

The last two corporations I was at literally had online employment portals facilitated by HR for hire's. After identifying prospective employees I'd conduct a prescreening phone interview & get the prospective employees information I needed to provide HR.

I'd verify actual job references but HR facilitated the background check. Then HR updated the employment portal as to whether that prospective employee was eligible to continue with the hiring process.

If I expensed travel and lodging accommodations to further the hiring or orientation process of an ineligible hire, while the employment portal listed them as ineligible for hire; that would be a blunder. It wouldn't matter if the prospective employee lied to me. Now imagine it was a 17/18 year old kid that lied to me. My regional manager & VP would be even less sympathetic...
Except that’s not what happened so relax

Auburn announced it yesterday, the kid was playing everyone
So let me get this straight, 3 of our coaches visited this kid at a basketball game on the same day Auburn announces that he has signed with them? Was the Auburn announcement before or after the basketball game?
GBO!!

I am not concerned one way or the other about Hardy. He clearly made some poor choices but I disagree with any idea that this reflects poorly on UT. That article is total garbage journalism

Agree. Really no big deal but if anyone should be embarrassed by this it’s Hardy.

Agree. Really no big deal but if anyone should be embarrassed by this it’s Hardy.

I'd have to think it's going to stick in Pruitt's craw. More than a little embarrassing to be played like that. Another learning experience, and I'd wager it won't happen to us again....it had better not.

So this is what our society has become. Trust is the foundation of a democratic society and we sure as hell have no reason to trust anything that is anyone is saying today. Today, we can not trust anyone in the worls today. Not our politicians, not our friends or enemies, not today's youth;, not anybody. One of the many reasons is most of us have failed as parents, as workers and as citizens of our Country. The only thing we can trust is our constant want and greed. If we have become so disinterested in the values which have allowed this Country to become the leaders of our world.
Don't disagree with some of your statements about some youth and most politicians but I can trust my friends because if I couldn't they wouldn't be my friends. Just saying truth and being there when I need you or vice versa is a requirement and If you cant trust your friends can they trust theirs ? Mine can...
Now about Hardy I know the consensus is to say "Did not want" when we dont get a recruit but in this case I think it rings true and I really don't know how these coaches deal with that crap for several years waiting on a signature...

It isn’t a blunder if he never wanted to come here. Whether he lied or not is irrelevant, the only blunder if you want to call it that on UT’s part is believing him

I'd have to think it's going to stick in Pruitt's craw. More than a little embarrassing to be played like that. Another learning experience, and I'd wager it won't happen to us again....it had better not.

I doubt he got played, recruits lie all the time as do many of these coaches. Recruiting is a meat grinder, Pruitt and all successful recruiters know this. It was likely a lazy clerical mistake by someone in the department. I don’t fault them for continuing to try. It is unfortunate that he chose to be a doucher

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly

VN Store

Back