Second-Year Surge: Henry To'o To'o

I mean its not crazy to think HT could go down as the best. He is off to a helleva start and he is only going to get better. We have only had 4 Consensus AA LB's in our history. Only 1 of the 4 made it 2 times and its not Al Wilson. I know Al is a super hero to any 80's baby like me bc we grew up during his career but we got room for another 🐐
I 100 % hope you are correct. The 1st trio of LBs i remember well was Walker, Reynolds, and Kiner. Just think best ever is a little premature

I agree. He doesn’t run his mouth or try to be the center of attention like Al Wilson, so he won’t win the popularity contest. But he played better his freshman year than Al and he has shown he is much tougher after playing last year with injuries and playing his HS senior season with a broken foot.
Did you really just say that?

I 100 % hope you are correct. The 1st trio of LBs i remember well was Walker, Reynolds, and Kiner. Just think best ever is a little premature
it is premature bc alot can happen over the next 2-3 yrs. Its warranted bc he is off to a better start then any of our great LB's.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
He’s it, and we all will remember when he was just a freshman finding his legs in the middle of the Tennessee defense. Face of the program good!

He’s it, and we all will remember when he was just a freshman finding his legs in the middle of the Tennessee defense. Face of the program good!

Reactions: 901 Orange
I agree. He doesn’t run his mouth or try to be the center of attention like Al Wilson, so he won’t win the popularity contest. But he played better his freshman year than Al and he has shown he is much tougher after playing last year with injuries and playing his HS senior season with a broken foot.

1:47

I think he's will go down as one of the best to play LB in "Big Orange" history! He has a way to go but, he's off to a great start no doubt.

VFL...GBO

A Very Long Way to Go if He is to be considered one of Tennessee's best LB's ever......... a long way!
But he has the tools, so Go Vols!

Reactions: BreatheUT
This isn't just ban worthy. I think it could be worthy of criminal charges.

He's not quite as big but he reminds me of Alabama great Donte Hightower out of Lewisburg Tn. I think he's the best young technical and fundamentally sound LB we've ever had come in as a freshman. Wilson is probably the best we've ever had historically but this kid has All-American written all over him.
I agree that he’s the best fundamentally sound LB I’ve seen as a freshman at UT. The reason I made the comparison to Kuechly was the that they look the same running to the football. They both have a knack for being in the right position and they attack the ball carrier. He rarely looks sloppy or out of position. He’s going to be a tackling machine and I see him being a team leader for at least the next 2 seasons. I don’t think we could go wrong with him being a lot like Hightower or Kuechly. That’s a great problem to debate. haha.
I could see him being the next great ambassador for the University of Tennessee like an Eric Berry or Dobbs.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
This has got to be in the running for dumbest post in the history of UT message boards. I salute you. May you forever bask in the warmth of your stupidity like a babe in his soiled diaper.

View attachment 282795

With Bituli gone, this will basically be To’o To’o’s defense now. There are older, more experienced players in the program, and some of those players are really good players. But none of them are inside linebackers. To’o To’o must become the glue that holds the defense together. That’s his job now. The pressure is real and unavoidable, and we’re about to start seeing how he can handle that. The guess on this end is that he’ll handle it really well. He’s built for this in every way. He has face-of-the-program potential coming out of his ears.
Second-Year Surge: Henry To'o To'o
Agree. The only glaring witness I saw last year in his play was he gets beat a lot in 1 on 1 matchups vs WR/TE on passing routes but what Freshman LB doesn’t? I think he will be special

Hacksaw Reynolds was a decent player? Hacksaw Reynolds was one of the best linebackers in the NFL!

Jack Reynolds was a

2 time All Pro 1975 and 1980
2 time Second Team All Pro 1979 and 1981
3 time Super Bowl Participant

Super Bowl XlV- Rams vs Steelers
Super Bowl XVI- 49'ers vs Bengals
Super Bowl XlX- 49'ers vs Dolphins

I was saying that tongue in cheek. He was probably the best linebacker UT ever had. Kiner was 2nd best. JMO>

Except that we have a couple of linemen projected, by some, as first round picks in 21.
Trey is a legitimate top ten pick, a valid argument could be made that he's the best lineman in college football. I think his medical concerns will keep him out of the first round. He would look damn good in a Titans uniform. I haven't seen enough of Mays to have an opinion one way or another. I think his best opportunity would be if he started at RT and they moved #72, his name escapes me at the moment, to RG. If he has a all conference season it could vault him into the first round. I would have no problem being wrong about my previous statement.

Trey is a legitimate top ten pick, a valid argument could be made that he's the best lineman in college football. I think his medical concerns will keep him out of the first round. He would look damn good in a Titans uniform. I haven't seen enough of Mays to have an opinion one way or another. I think his best opportunity would be if he started at RT and they moved #72, his name escapes me at the moment, to RG. If he has a all conference season it could vault him into the first round. I would have no problem being wrong about my previous statement.

"By some" was an important part of my statement. Things go right and it's entirely possible Trey and Cade go in the first round of the next draft.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
One of the most beloved players to ever play at UT and went on to Denver and had the same effect on Denver fans. I was living out there when he played in Denver and the fans loved him.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc

You need a compass, cause your way off course son

Every time I think of Henry T in my minds eye I see him break down and fill that hole on the 3rd down of last year's UK game goal line stand. That was a grown axx man play right chere', warn't no, knee clacking, hand wranging, freshman hesitation just a big hit and UK's biggest RB going down like a sad sack o' taters.

Every time I think of Henry T in my minds eye I see him break down and fill that hole on the 3rd down of last year's UK game goal line stand. That was a grown axx man play right chere', warn't no, knee clacking, hand wranging, freshman hesitation just a big hit and UK's biggest RB going down like a sad sack o' taters.

Well, it was something Closely resembling that
Talk about taters

VN Store

Back