SIAP:UT 2021 PREDICTIONS

What kind of narcotic-induced hallucination brought you to this conclusion?
Drop off from To'oto'o is huge. From AA/All SEC LB to 2nd string that is currently practicing is noon to midnight. Having walk ons in the top 2 depth chart before the grind of the SEC schedule is a recipe for disaster.

Drop off from To'oto'o is huge. From AA/All SEC LB to 2nd string that is currently practicing is noon to midnight. Having walk ons in the top 2 depth chart before the grind of the SEC schedule is a recipe for disaster.

Name one game where Henry To'oto'o's performance was enough of a single factor in the game, that it can be honestly said, that UT would not have won the game without him.

This guy's enunciation is terrible, and his assessment of the team may be worse.

Defense looks pretty good? Skill position and RB will be a weakness? HB is the likely starter?
iu

I agree with his schedule assessment, though. 8 is possible, 6 means improvement, less than 6 and we are trash (again). Very favorable schedule, for a change.

Last edited:
This team will struggle to get 5 wins...no depth and NCAA black cloud hanging over program will hurt this program for another 5 years...…So sad to see this program go through another transition and the media knows the interest isnt there like it once was. Maybe 1000+ (including media) showed up for the open practice last Saturday.....

Reactions: Frozevol
Maybe South Carolina in 2020? Won by 4 and HT had that pick 6.

Eh, I'd argue that the outcome of that game hinged more on our offensive ineptitude much more than it did on HT's linebacker performance, even with a pick-6 that took an excellent bounce off of a receivers hand and landed right into HT's.

I just don't see anything on display that points to him being good for a 1-2 game swing on the season with just his performance alone.

Last edited:
This team will struggle to get 5 wins...no depth and NCAA black cloud hanging over program will hurt this program for another 5 years...…So sad to see this program go through another transition and the media knows the interest isnt there like it once was. Maybe 1000+ (including media) showed up for the open practice last Saturday.....
Looks like they placed everyone on one side.
08849CE5-B854-47AF-966A-2F53E68D22EE.jpeg

Reactions: VolunteerCeltic
Eh, I'd argue that the outcome of that game hinged more on our offensive ineptitude much more than it did on HT's linebacker performance, even with a pick-6 than bounced took an excellent bounce off of a receivers hand and landed right into HT's.

I just don't see anything on display that points to him being good for a 1-2 game swing on the season with just his performance alone.
Ok, which current LB on the team do you believe can fill his shoes at the same level?

Name one game where Henry To'oto'o's performance was enough of a single factor in the game, that it can be honestly said, that UT would not have won the game without him.
I think you'd come closer to finding one in his Fr year. It was dumb to make him lose weight. He didn't get appreciably faster and lost power.

Reactions: hooperwho
I love your blind optimism but I predict you are going to be greatly disappointed this year.
If he is... then Heupel's not the right guy. I would place the low end at 6. There are four games that should be wins without question. There are 3 that look out of reach at this point. There are five that should be no worse than competitive... UT should win 2 of the 5.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I think you'd come closer to finding one in his Fr year. It was dumb to make him lose weight. He didn't get appreciably faster and lost power.

I agree. He did not see a sophomore year step up like one would expect from a recruit with his ranking. His numbers were good, especially by UT's standards, but in reality he was middle of the pack in the conference. He looked slower, and as such, seemed to be out of place more often in 2020 than 2019.

Reactions: sjt18
I love your blind optimism but I predict you are going to be greatly disappointed this year.

I'm pretty darn confident in us spanking TTech, Pitt, S. AL, Bowling Green, Vandy and SCAR (all home games). Vandy and SCAR have far more issues than us. Pitt is a good team but we are better.

So we just need one more win from the likes of Mizzou, KY, and Ole Miss. Despite the score, we were way better than KY last season and we are better this season. I think revenge is likely, even on the road.

@Mizzou will be a tough one, good coach, QB and all. But we still have better athletes.

Ole Miss can't spell Defense, so we will be in a scoring frenzy at Neyland this game. Need to win the Turnover battle for sure.

Reactions: Backwards K
My brain is telling me this team goes 5-7 but my heart tells me 6-6.

All I want to see is improvement and no lop sided losses to teams like UK, SC, and Missouri.

Georgia, Florida, and Bama losses will be expected.

4-8

I struggle to find 22 players on defense I think are SEC caliber. If you don't go two deep in this league you will be exposed.
The schedule makes up for a lot of that. Toughest opponents are spaced.... and there are only 3 in reality. There are four games that should be virtually certain wins. There are 5 where the season is made. UT only has to go 2-3 vs Pitt, Ole Miss, UK, USCe, and Mizzou to become bowl eligible.

If well coached, I think this is a 6-8 win team.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
What level would that be?

He led the team in tackles and TFL. Which LB do you think will fill his shoes and do the same? Which ones will be on the BBB watch list this year?

Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List
Butkus Award Watch List
Bednarik Award Watch List

2020 Preseason All-SEC First Team
2019 Freshman All-American (247, The Athletic)
2019 SEC All-Freshman Team (Coaches)

I'm pretty darn confident in us spanking TTech, Pitt, S. AL, Bowling Green, Vandy and SCAR (all home games). Vandy and SCAR have far more issues than us. Pitt is a good team but we are better.

So we just need one more win from the likes of Mizzou, KY, and Ole Miss. Despite the score, we were way better than KY last season and we are better this season. I think revenge is likely, even on the road.

@Mizzou will be a tough one, good coach, QB and all. But we still have better athletes.

Ole Miss can't spell Defense, so we will be in a scoring frenzy at Neyland this game. Need to win the Turnover battle for sure.
I’ve got Mizzou 2nd in the East this year as a sleeper.

He led the team in tackles and TFL. Which LB do you think will fill his shoes and do the same? Which ones will be on the BBB watch list this year?

Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List
Butkus Award Watch List
Bednarik Award Watch List

2020 Preseason All-SEC First Team
2019 Freshman All-American (247, The Athletic)
2019 SEC All-Freshman Team (Coaches)

And in spite of those being on those watch lists he landed square in the middle of the pack in the SEC at the end of the season, below the likes of a walk-on at Arkansas that trounced his performance.

His numbers were good, but not game-changing, especially not enough to warrant attributing a 1-2 game swing on his expected performance.

VN Store

Back