Vols football 2021 record?

4-8 is my guess, but I think the USC game is a toss up and I'll admit I know little about Pitt and what they're bringing back.

If win > 6 games in year 1, it will be a very successful season. I still think it going to be 5 or 6, with Pitt being the swing game. Sadly, games at Mizz and Kentucky will be tough gets.

The eye test and margin will be just as important as the record itself. Losing easily to Arkansas, Kentucky and Auburn were even more of a problem than the 3-7 record.

Bowling Green: W
Pitt: L
Tenn Tech: W
Florida: L
Missouri: L
USC: W
Ole Miss: L
Alabama: L
Kentucky: L
Georgia: L
South Alabama: W
Vandy: W

Overall record 5-7
173101018_2966538976956734_6933867836443393006_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I agree with this but would move MO to a win. 6-6

Reactions: Border Vol
I agree with this but would move MO to a win. 6-6[/QUOTE]

Same as me. It could be that we struggle early in the season and lose to Pitt or Mizz. I’d be ok with 5-7 if we lose closer than the usual boat races under Pruitt.

Last edited:
Anyone can comment in any way they wish on this board, just as I did. My point was that it is worth noting that this 10-2 delirium prediction leads to the constant drone of whining halfway thru the season when the team struggles (as most anyone would expect it to this year). And one grows tired of reading all the crying on the site when this happens. Go sit on it.
You seem to be recovering well. Eating without a feeding tube yet?

Anyone can comment in any way they wish on this board, just as I did. My point was that it is worth noting that this 10-2 delirium prediction leads to the constant drone of whining halfway thru the season when the team struggles (as most anyone would expect it to this year). And one grows tired of reading all the crying on the site when this happens. Go sit on it.
Our schedule - with an established program and better roster - could win 8-10 games. But we don’t have those now.

I’d say floor is 4-8, ceiling is 7-5 with the most likely outcome being 5-7.

I will say this, I think the possibility of an upset is greater due to the style of offense we’re going to see. You really don’t have a chance to upset anyone if you can’t score more than 17 points. I’m not predicting it, mind you, but I at least think we’re more likely to beat a superior team 42-35 than we are 17-14.

Vols football predictions?
Pitt: W
Missouri: W
Ole Miss: L
Kentucky: L
South Bam: W

Overall record 7-5
173101018_2966538976956734_6933867836443393006_n.jpg
Vols football predictions?
Pitt: W
Missouri: W
Ole Miss: W—Given Heupel is 2-0 vs Kiffin
Kentucky: W
South Bam: W

Gotta love the optimism thought police.

"Thinking good things will happen is dangerous!"

lol

I think people make predictions about the record without looking at the schedule a lot.

4-8 means beating three FCS teams or glorified FCS teams and one of South Carolina and Vanderbilt, both of which are in much worse shape roster wise than we are.

If Heupel wins 4 games this season he should be fired. Just because it would mean he lost at least 2 games where we had superior talent across the board.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
4-8 is my guess, but I think the USC game is a toss up and I'll admit I know little about Pitt and what they're bringing back.
Mid-tier ACC team.
That have some talent at WR. All around speed is good. Tennessee has the better talent and Coaching.

South Carolina sucks. They are the 3rd best team in South Carolina...
( Clemson and Coastal Carolina)

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back