Fall's Here. Expectations?

I think we can do better than 5-7 but nothing shocks me anymore. I see 5 probable wins where we should be able to secure the W with better overall talent. The predicted losses shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The Pitt game IMO will prove to be a good indicator of how UT will compete throughout the season. Win that game and 7-5 should be attainable. Lose against PITT then we likely finish 6-6. It pains me to put UK as toss up game. GBO!!!

vs Bowling Green (128) Win
vs Pitt (41) toss up
vs Tenn. Tech (NA) Win
vs Florida (12) loss
vs Missouri (47) toss up
vs USCe (93) win
vs Ole Miss (23) toss up
vs Bama (1) loss
vs Kentucky (35) toss up
vs Georgia (5) loss
vs S. Alabama (122) win
vs Vandy (105) win

If by some chance we get out of Florida with a win (no I don’t expect it) we roll into OM/Bama undefeated. Hell of a way to start the CJH era…

5-7 is average
6-6 is doing a decent coaching job with what CJH has.
7-5 or 8-4 is above expectations
9-3 or better is coach of the year performance
Pretty much spot on.

I am giving Heupel the shot he deserves just like I did with Precious, Trumpet Blower, and Tater. It won't take long to know whether he's gonna be able to succeed long term, just like it did with those other 3.

Anything less than 5 wins, I think we know where this ends. And even at 5 wins I'm not sure. He needs to get to 6-6 in year 1 but year 2 always tells the story though IMO.

5-7 is average
6-6 is doing a decent coaching job with what CJH has.
7-5 or 8-4 is above expectations
9-3 or better is coach of the year performance

6-6 is the floor unless the D is in way worse shape than everyone believes.
7-5 is pretty likely as long as the offense is as good as expected.
8-4 is unlikely in 2021

I've read so many posts on this site saying we should destroy Pitt so idk how they are ranked above us.

I expect cooler temperatures, eventually, leaves turning, autumn festivals, and maybe some football.

6-6 is the floor unless the D is in way worse shape than everyone believes.
7-5 is pretty likely as long as the offense is as good as expected.
8-4 is unlikely in 2021
I think 6-6 is the absolute floor. We won 3 SEC games last year with Pruitt and JG. If we’re 5-7, we should have just kept Pruitt. I really think we sneak in a pretty big upset between ga and fl. And maybe lose to a team we shouldn’t. I fully expect 7-5/8-4.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Anything will be an improvement? Heh, guess you'll be easily pleased this year regardless of the outcome.
Yep. Pruitt is gone and if our offense shows any kind of life then I will be pleased. It’s a game and I want UT to do well but at the end of the day, it’s still just a game.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
and if we come out and hang half a hundred on BG lets not get to crazy about it just your normal reactions are fine 😂

Yep. Pruitt is gone and if our offense shows any kind of life then I will be pleased. It’s a game and I want UT to do well but at the end of the day, it’s still just a game.
So what if the offense shows life but the defense is dead out of the gate and we get the same results. You're still gonna be pleased?

Yes. Defense won’t be as bad as last year’s.
1. We have a coach that can speak English.
2. We’re not trotting out a functional ***** at QB that telegraphs every throw.
3. On field product will be better.
So yes, I will be pleased.

Reactions: Alto1
Yes. Defense won’t be as bad as last year’s.
1. We have a coach that can speak English.
2. We’re not trotting out a functional ***** at QB that telegraphs every throw.
3. On field product will be better.
So yes, I will be pleased.
Thinking that we're gonna be better because of a coaching change is one thing....being pleased simply because we're gonna be better on offense with no regard to defense and getting the same results is different.

I think we'll be much better on offense, simply for the reasons you mentioned above. I don't know that I agree with the defense just yet. That's gonna have to be seen for me. And overall, I just dont understand the logic of being pleased with being better in one phase of the game and it not producing any different results in the win/loss column. And it may very well play out that way.

7-5, possibly 8-4. I’d also accept a bowl game if possible. They need all the reps they can get.

Thinking that we're gonna be better because of a coaching change is one thing....being pleased simply because we're gonna be better on offense with no regard to defense and getting the same results is different.

I think we'll be much better on offense, simply for the reasons you mentioned above. I don't know that I agree with the defense just yet. That's gonna have to be seen for me. And overall, I just dont understand the logic of being pleased with being better in one phase of the game and it not producing any different results in the win/loss column. And it may very well play out that way.
Both phases of our game were thrash last year. If one improves then that’s progress.

VN Store

Back