Fall's Here. Expectations?

I was at 4-8 a few months ago. I moved to 5-7 a few months after. I went to 6-6 right now. And I still wasn't alive when y'all won a National Championship.

Congrats on being that young. Hopefully that maturity will kick in for you in a few years.

To be entertaining and competitive, something we have not seen a lot of the past four years.

Would be nice to steal one we have no business winning. I would trade losing one we shouldn’t for that!

Am I reading Beamer’s bio correctly that he hasn’t even been a coordinator before lol?

Neither was Ed Orgeron. Was a DL coach. Dabo Sweeney was promoted to HC at Clemson from WR's coach. He may have been a coordinator elsewhere though IDK. Don't get me wrong, I think USCe will be a dumpster fire this year.

BG - W
Pitt - toss up
TN Tech -W
FL - L
Mizzou - Toss up
SCAR - Toss up
Ole Miss - Toss up
Bama - L
UK - Toss up
UGA - L
USA - W
Vandy - W

So I see the 4 wins by ESPN FPI. I also see 3 losses. I see 5 toss up games. In 2 of these UT is slightly favored, Pitt 51.9% & SCAR 68.8%. So say we split the toss up games. That puts us at 6.5 wins. We can't win a half of a game so let's say 7 wins. My best guess is 6-6 with 8-4 as my next bet based on the outcome of the Pitt game and our QB production. Pitt's coach knows Huepel's system well and has coached 2 games against him and split those games. The first was a 45-14 blowout victory and the 2nd was a shootout loss 34 - 35. So that game to me will tell me a lot about how far along our offense is.

My boss who is a Florida fan just bet me $20 that we wouldn’t win more than 4 games this year. I jumped on that bet as I see us at 7-5. What are you thoughts?

given pre-season rankings:

Tennessee (68)

vs Bowling Green (128)
vs Pitt (41)
vs Tenn. Tech (NA)
vs Florida (12)
vs Missoiri (47)
vs USCe (93)
vs Ole Miss (23)
vs Bama (1)
vs Kentucky (35)
vs Georgia (5)
vs S. Alabama (122)
vs Vandy (105)

Pre-season rankings say 5-7. How accurate will they be?

Notice that Pitt is 27 spots higher in the rankings, but most believe that game will be a Vol win. Why is that the consensus?

BG - W
Pitt - toss up
TN Tech -W
FL - L
Mizzou - Toss up
SCAR - Toss up
Ole Miss - Toss up
Bama - L
UK - Toss up
UGA - L
USA - W
Vandy - W

So I see the 4 wins by ESPN FPI. I also see 3 losses. I see 5 toss up games. In 2 of these UT is slightly favored, Pitt 51.9% & SCAR 68.8%. So say we split the toss up games. That puts us at 6.5 wins. We can't win a half of a game so let's say 7 wins. My best guess is 6-6 with 8-4 as my next bet based on the outcome of the Pitt game and our QB production. Pitt's coach knows Huepel's system well and has coached 2 games against him and split those games. The first was a 45-14 blowout victory and the 2nd was a shootout loss 34 - 35. So that game to me will tell me a lot about how far along our offense is.

My boss who is a Florida fan just bet me $20 that we wouldn’t win more than 4 games this year. I jumped on that bet as I see us at 7-5. What are you thoughts?

My thought would be if we get off to a 3-0 start is to knock to $100.00. LOL

VN Store

Back