Has our secondary

Honestly I would be worried if I were Ole Miss, Tennessee matches up really well. If Ole Miss can’t stop Tennessee’s ground attack they cannot win this game. Nothing I’ve seen to this point makes me think they can stop our run game and this will be in Neyland. Ole Miss should win in theory but I don’t think this will be an easy game for them.

Seen anything like they will see Saturday night?

I feel like that’s where we are going to lose the game. I watched some of Ole Miss this season and seems like every other play is a 50 yard bomb. I just don’t think we can hold the off.

Hopefully we keep it respectable but boys I think we lose by 20+ and I hope I’m wrong.

Not the same tempo but that Pitt offense is putting up crazy numbers with a similar style QB. So yes we have face a high octane offense and we started the wrong QB. Still we only lost by a TD.

Their RG was lost earlier in the season.

FWIW, their depth isn't likely as good. They've gone to exotic D alignments because they don't have talent or depth on the DL. They've run a 3-2-6 against run heavy teams.
FIFY ... I hope they have 12 men on the field every play of the game ... going to make scoring easy pesy.

Ole Miss' defense was torched by Arkansas, and the Razorbacks offense isn't exactly setting the field on fire. If our defense can get off of the field, forcing punts, turnovers and field goals, I think we win this game bigly! I also think that the crowd will be a huge factor . . . 102,455 LOUD AND PROUD VOLS!!!

GBO
This is true, but at the same time they held up decently well against Bama’s offense. Kept Bama under 500 yards which Is weird to say is “decent” but for a defense against Bama that’s not too bad.

Reactions: BigDave

I feel like that’s where we are going to lose the game. I watched some of Ole Miss this season and seems like every other play is a 50 yard bomb. I just don’t think we can hold the off.

Hopefully we keep it respectable but boys I think we lose by 20+ and I hope I’m wrong.

Chuckle at OP using "our" in the thread title. You are not a Vol.

I hope so. I just feel like Ole Miss is Pitt on Steroids. Coral can extend plays with his legs, make absolutely any throw, they have elite SEC talent and a world class play caller. We have suspect LB’s in pass coverage and I think that will also get exposed.

I feel like our only chance is to slow the game wayyyy down and limit their possessions but that’s not really our MO.
The Vols taking the field tomorrow night are not the Vols from the Pitt game. We beat Pitt by 2 scores with HH starting

The Ole Miss QB is good and he's had the luxury of learning under kiffin for 2 seasons now, last season he had double digit ints not many if any this season,he's probably up to this point the best QB we've faced but their defense is horrendous, we'll score some points

Reactions: norrislakevol
Honestly I would be worried if I were Ole Miss, Tennessee matches up really well. If Ole Miss can’t stop Tennessee’s ground attack they cannot win this game. Nothing I’ve seen to this point makes me think they can stop our run game and this will be in Neyland. Ole Miss should win in theory but I don’t think this will be an easy game for them.
I'm worried that the 2nd half of the SC game might have given other teams a blueprint for slowing us down. They started bringing pressure in gaps and we did not handle it well.

Their RG was lost earlier in the season.

FWIW, their depth isn't likely as good. They've gone to exotic D alignments because they don't have talent or depth on the DL. They've run a 3-3-6 against run heavy teams.

I hope they play their 3-3-6 defense, but I'm pretty sure they will penalized every down with too many men on the field.

I'm pretty sure by "our secondary" you're referring to Ole Miss. Considering you have 60 posts in 10 years and are just trolling.

Nope. They'll be tested right along with our DC. Should be an interesting match up.

I think we can keep up with Ole Miss. They have a terrible defense and we can score against both terrible and decent defenses.

Basically, I think this game will come down to the wire either way. I'm hoping that crowd noise and overall atmosphere will have an impact on the outcome by forcing mistakes and penalties.
It will come down to three things: who is focused, turnover margin, and of course penalties. Okay, maybe four things: whoever has the most points

Looking at yards allowed per game, our defense (344) is comparable to Arkansas (338).

We have the advantage of routinely practicing against tempo. We are also deep at the Star position which is important in defending the Ole Miss offense. Finally, we have home field advantage.

I expect a great game with Vols coming out on top, but would not be shocked by an Ole Miss win. I would definitely be surprised by a blowout either way.

The Ole Miss QB is good and he's had the luxury of learning under kiffin for 2 seasons now, last season he had double digit ints not many if any this season,he's probably up to this point the best QB we've faced but their defense is horrendous, we'll score some points
Corral has 12 TD passes and on INT's. Hooker has 13 TD passes and one INT in the Pitt game.

VN Store

Back