The Official “Let’s Rally Behind The Team” Thread

When was the last time an SEC went undefeated within the conference? It’s nearly impossible to do, even for teams winning the national championships.

I personally assumed all along there would be one certain loss: South Carolina, whose depth is unmatched. I personally thought all along that two opponents would be “likely” losses: Missouri and LSU. I have thought all along that a “highly possible” loss could be to Ole Miss, and that we “would not be sure to beat” Arkansas both times we played them.

I’ve been really happy we proved me wrong on Ole Miss, and that we’ve already bested Arky once. Sunday? Who knows?!

I guess what I’m saying is it was never going to be a perfect run through the SEC, and most of us knew the schedule was heavily weighted at the end. Were not most of you expecting some losses by this time? Sure, Auburn wasn’t one I worried TOO much about, but then I also knew they had it in them if everything clicked just right for them at the same time Tennessee had a hiccup. So THAT happened. Ugh.

We’re likely to have more losses, and that’s okay. We’ll get into the NCAA Tournament and then we’ll see if they will have learned and grown from the upcoming losses.

I love this team!

The platoon system has driven us all crazy at various times but we've generally seen it work. Not last night. That's the steepest downhill plunge I've seen us make due to mass subbing. But I think it was part of a really crappy night in general. And the loss of Green, a high quality sub.
Definitely been using some bailing wire and duct tape to patch things together. And counting on everyone not having crappy nights or crappy quarters at the same time. Another part of the generally craptastic night.

I wish someone would have asked KJH about this choice. Why Emily over Striplin? Like you, I wondered if KJH was just trying to give Emily a full shot. I get that, but not at the expense of the game. She played 8 mins (seemed like more) and I can't see how it took half of that to see another solution was needed, especially in a close game. Can't believe Striplin couldn't have contributed a bit more to the cause.
I feel for Saunders but she is not a D1 ball player except for her height and size, no more than Renni is a D1 guard. Somethings we must accept and move on. Striplin seems to be more aggressive and mobile.

I’m on THIS bandwagon we lost and it was a bad loss… but so was the loss to Missouri YET we’re being looked:laughed at on Socials and it’s ok but we AINT going anywhere.. I wish our fan base was as loud and active as others but we’re getting there. I wish our alumni would act up like SC’s do but their success is recent so the players who experienced it and are trying to help build the legacy/tradition of winning are younger and more excited for their program…. I wanna swe that energy from Candace/Izzy/Mercedes/Bashaara/Andraya… this team doesn’t just need private conversations for support but vocal celebration and demonstrations of support.
I always say this! We need a younger, social media driven fan base…..South Carolina fans are SO LOUD on social media, I hate/love arguing with them but sometimes it’s overwhelming cause it’s so many people to curse out! 😂

When was the last time an SEC went undefeated within the conference? It’s nearly impossible to do, even for teams winning the national championships.

I personally assumed all along there would be one certain loss: South Carolina, whose depth is unmatched. I personally thought all along that two opponents would be “likely” losses: Missouri and LSU. I have thought all along that a “highly possible” loss could be to Ole Miss, and that we “would not be sure to beat” Arkansas both times we played them.

I’ve been really happy we proved me wrong on Ole Miss, and that we’ve already bested Arky once. Sunday? Who knows?!

I guess what I’m saying is it was never going to be a perfect run through the SEC, and most of us knew the schedule was heavily weighted at the end. Were not most of you expecting some losses by this time? Sure, Auburn wasn’t one I worried TOO much about, but then I also knew they had it in them if everything clicked just right for them at the same time Tennessee had a hiccup. So THAT happened. Ugh.

We’re likely to have more losses, and that’s okay. We’ll get into the NCAA Tournament and then we’ll see if they will have learned and grown from the upcoming losses.

I love this team!
In the 2019-2020 season, South Carolina went undefeated at 16-0.

Reactions: mcannon1
Without Jordan Horston this is a sub-500 team, just saying...

Kellie better work the portal after this season! I hear Rickea needs a new home...

Bottom line: What are they going to do to reduce TURNOVERS?
be made aware of them and be a little more unaccepting of the unforced ones
one poster fussed about public flogging of the players on the sidelines ...some of the unforced turnovers I charted when I re-watched that game,,,I'd still be in their grill!

One good thing to come out of playing poorly is that no one is complaining about the officiating or blaming the zebras for the loss. :p

Almost no one. One genius is convinced the refs are why the team turns the ball over a hundred times a game...

The platoon system has driven us all crazy at various times but we've generally seen it work. Not last night. That's the steepest downhill plunge I've seen us make due to mass subbing. But I think it was part of a really crappy night in general. And the loss of Green, a high quality sub.
Definitely been using some bailing wire and duct tape to patch things together. And counting on everyone not having crappy nights or crappy quarters at the same time. Another part of the generally craptastic night.

I wish someone would have asked KJH about this choice. Why Emily over Striplin? Like you, I wondered if KJH was just trying to give Emily a full shot. I get that, but not at the expense of the game. She played 8 mins (seemed like more) and I can't see how it took half of that to see another solution was needed, especially in a close game. Can't believe Striplin couldn't have contributed a bit more to the cause.
That is what I didn't understand either. Every time Striplin gets in the game, she goes to the glass aggressively, and to listen to Kellie talk about her and say that she is one of the most determined players she has ever coached would have led me to believe she should have gotten those minutes last night. Both Karoline and Emily have appeared in 13 games and Karoline's rebounds and points are doubling that of Emily. Karoline in 8 minutes per game is averaging 3.2 points and 2.7 rebounds compared to Emily's 1.3 points and 1 rebound. Don't even get me started on the mobility differences between the two. I just think Karoline's upside is huge and believe she will make a significant contribution over the next 3 years.

Last edited:
yes true fans sit in the middle of band wagon. not one leg over side one little bump jump run down the team. but bumps shows trolls from vfl fans.
Pitiful loss .. they thought they could just throw their jock strap out there and win .. poor execution .. 22 TO's . Just plain bad fundamentals and carelessness ..

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think a loss in the SEC would have been much more acceptable if it was not to the last place team in the league.
Auburn has only beaten one other team, I believe.

7 losses, but not to the Vols. Hurts knowing 7 other teams in the conference played better against them than we did.

I think a loss in the SEC would have been much more acceptable if it was not to the last place team in the league.
Auburn has only beaten one other team, I believe.

7 losses, but not to the Vols. Hurts knowing 7 other teams in the conference played better against them than we did.
I guess then the seven teams that Tennessee beat Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Alabama, and Texas A&M should feel equally bad that they lost to a team that lost to the last place team in the SEC.

Extrapolate what you want. Everyone has an opinion. Just pointing out that a loss to Auburn is a bad loss.

Extrapolate what you want. Everyone has an opinion. Just pointing out that a loss to Auburn is a bad loss.
Any loss is bad I am sure Sc think Missouri is a bad loss and know that LSU is positive that Florida Gulf Coast is a terrible loss. I guess it happens in every sport.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
be made aware of them and be a little more unaccepting of the unforced ones
one poster fussed about public flogging of the players on the sidelines ...some of the unforced turnovers I charted when I re-watched that game,,,I'd still be in their grill!
As far as being "aware" of t.o.s, in her post game video, KJH actually scoffed at the notion that players need to "learn to value the ball". If she weren't so polite, she would have rolled her eyes. She said emphatically they are aware of the problem, it gets preached constantly, they do not need that lesson. They've already moved beyond that cliche into the hard part - lots of film watching and breaking down the poor execution and decision-making that actually cause the turnovers. She said poor offense - bad spacing and lack of movement cause alot of the overrdribbling and ill-advised passes. We can rest assured at this point into their basketball careers, none of them are unaware that t.o.s are harmful.

As far as being "unaccepting" of unforced t.o.s, she seemed to think losing the game was punishment enough. I've always thought the notion of punishing, such as extra running, is silly since it implies making t,o,s is deliberate and can be punished away. It's poor execution, not naughty behavior. Anyone really think Jordan Horston is either unaware or uncaring of the turnover problem that keeps her from being a truly great player?

Fixing the problem is obviously elusive, which is why dumb cliches get thrown out by fans and media. Some of the current players have always been high t.o. players - Horston, Burrell, now Walker. Rennia Davis was another. Decision making on court is tough, especially for these players. It's something they work on constantly and hope gets better with experience. So far it hasn't, and that is on both coaches and players. But I want them to stay on track with what actually addresses the problem. Execute!

Those that follow AAU and elite recruiting, are high t.o.s "accepted" as long as the player can outscore them?

That game sucked, but we'll bounce back.
We lost mostly because of lazy play. Or that is how it looked to me. The thing is I feel when I watch "The Ladies", I am watching a team that play's only at expending mid level energy. Lazy passes look to be the worst of the sins as they usually leave the "sinner" just watching an embarrassing finish to the sin. But as a whole I identify lazy play as what I see, passes, general movement without the ball and most often an atmosphere of lack of interest in "want to".

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We lost mostly because of lazy play. Or that is how it looked to me. The thing is I feel when I watch "The Ladies", I am watching a team that play's only at expending mid level energy. Lazy passes look to be the worst of the sins as they usually leave the "sinner" just watching an embarrassing finish to the sin. But as a whole I identify lazy play as what I see, passes, general movement without the ball and most often an atmosphere of lack of interest in "want to".
I'm always gobsmacked by this take. So somewhere - on the bus, pregame meal, shootaround, they decided they just didn't "want to" give maximum effort to win this game? Just decided this was the night to be "lazy"? Didn't care if they looked bad on tv and blew the top line NCAA projection? And everyone went along with this? Exactly how does that work? If I thought that I would not follow this team for a nanosecond.

It's possible to have bad movement, passing, even bad energy and it is NOT a conscious decision. If coaches could capture why focus and energy is sometimes just not there they would never lose a game. There are alot of other reasons besides don't give AF or willful laziness for ineffective play.

I question if you have been watching the right team, the last thing I would call this team is "lazy". Careless with the ball, maybe, definitely not lazy.

I guess then the seven teams that Tennessee beat Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Alabama, and Texas A&M should feel equally bad that they lost to a team that lost to the last place team in the SEC.
I didn't pay that much attention to who Tennessee has played in conference yet.

They played the bottom four in the leage, And none of the top 4 teams.

The rest of the schedule will be much tougher. The impact of Greene missing the rest of the season is really big on the defensive side.

Reactions: mcannon1
I didn't pay that much attention to who Tennessee has played in conference yet.

They played the bottom four in the leage, And none of the top 4 teams.

The rest of the schedule will be much tougher. The impact of Greene missing the rest of the season is really big on the defensive side.

What? They haven’t played any of the top four teams in the conference? Need to check the standings or come back with your typical spin explaining that wasn’t what you meant.

VN Store

Back